Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

Ya, what water cooler ? i have been running that stretch for months ... i only know the last water pt is the toilet at the sailing club. didn't know there is a water cooler at the country club. Would be glad to know there is a water pt there.

think its at the first shelter, at the end of ECP...., before NSRCC

i always see the hut not nv notice the water cooler. shall spot it tml and get a drink too ! :Raised Eyebrow:

Ya, what water cooler ? i have been running that stretch for months ... i only know the last water pt is the toilet at the sailing club. didn't know there is a water cooler at the country club. Would be glad to know there is a water pt there.

i always see the hut not nv notice the water cooler. shall spot it tml and get a drink too ! :Raised Eyebrow:

ya ya.... i NEVER seen that water cooler there at all. tomorrow when i run there, i must have my pic taken with it! hahaha!

acid ar, you are not pulling our legs hor?

ya ya.... i NEVER seen that water cooler there at all. tomorrow when i run there, i must have my pic taken with it! hahaha!

acid ar, you are not pulling our legs hor?

Acid is correct. There is indeed a water point over there at the shelter near to NSRCC. But it is not cold water. Just normal water point. A final source of water before you procced towards the Coastal Park Connector.

Yes yes, i saw the water cooler... er... i should say water fountain or drinking fountain because it is not cold. but that water point is really a welcome relief for thirsty park-goers.

I die die also must see that water point and i did. a few steps after i u-turned from there, fabulous came and i pointed it out to him. seems like many runners know about this water point. hmm.... i think i must have run with my eyes closed all these years!

More than 60 Kingfisher runners gathered at Team FatBird's Nest for week 3's training. With just 4 weeks to go before race day, all are prepared for the start of pace training for the 21km distance. FatBird DO gave a briefing of the pace training and the various pace groups (1:30-1:45h led by Keonz, 1:45-2:00h led by Anthony and DO, 2:00-2:15h led by YN, Spencer and Jancy, 2:15-2:30h led by Terry and Beng). FatBird Esther led the 10km running group. FatBird Keonz provided a good overview of the route and U-turn points for the 10km, 13km and 18km distances...

TFB Training Report &

Yes yes, i saw the water cooler... er... i should say water fountain or drinking fountain because it is not cold. but that water point is really a welcome relief for thirsty park-goers.

I die die also must see that water point and i did. a few steps after i u-turned from there, fabulous came and i pointed it out to him. seems like many runners know about this water point. hmm.... i think i must have run with my eyes closed all these years!

same here. hahah.. one of the runs recently with coconut gang, i saw ppl stopping there, then walked in. I also kay po went to see why they gathered there. and saw the water tap there. haha.. i been running there lots of time and really never noticed it.

Inside tips, the playground will be slightly crowded tomorrow :Big Grin:

All those who are attending Ops Kingfisher to do the time trials and shoe trials tomorrow, kindly assemble at Team FatBird's Nest for the usual pre-run briefing and photo taking @ 6.50am...

Running The BAY? Let FatBirds Show You The WAY!

Team FatBird's kingfishers gathered at The FatBird Nest from 6.50am for registration, and soon there were lots of chatting and sharing amongst the crowd. We conducted the pre-run briefings at 7.15am, followed by the customary Group Photo shot. There were quite a number of fast runners, coupled with quite a few new faces too....The FatBird family is really growing fast :)

Ops Kingfisher Session #4 Training Report

Team FatBird's kingfishers gathered at The FatBird Nest from 6.50am for registration, and soon there were lots of chatting and sharing amongst the crowd. We conducted the pre-run briefings at 7.15am, followed by the customary Group Photo shot. There were quite a number of fast runners, coupled with quite a few new faces too....The FatBird family is really growing fast :)

Ops Kingfisher Session #4 Training Report

Great report! Felt like I was there .. minus the sweat, heehee!

50+ Kingfisher runners gathered at The FatBird Nest at The PlayGround @ Big Splash for Session #5 of the Army Half Marathon training. Since last week’s 21km time trials, we have entered the Tapering Phase, in which runners will run shorter distances, albeit at the same intensity as race pace. There were a host of activities at ECP this morning with the Osim Triathlon near the F2 carpark, as well as the Red Cross Carnival right at The Playground @ Big Splash. Team FatBird’s Nest at The SandPit area was still accessible to the Kingfisher runners, thanks to our partners who have kindly made available the use of the space at The PlayGround @ Big Splash...

Ops Kingfisher Session #5 - Training Report

what time are you guys starting this sat (@BigSplash) ? I might be able to join the run this sat (8 Aug 09).

we will start at 6.50am this Saturday for the final Kingfisher 15km run and Newton Shoe Trial session - Venue: FatBird Nest, The PlayGround @ Big Splash. Please sign up here for the program or shoe trial -> http://www.teamfatbird.com/opskingfisher/t...rainingwk6.html.

what time are you guys starting this sat (@BigSplash) ? I might be able to join the run this sat (8 Aug 09).

we will start at 6.50am this Saturday for the final Kingfisher 15km run and Newton Shoe Trial session - Venue: FatBird Nest, The PlayGround @ Big Splash. Please sign up here for the program or shoe trial -> http://www.teamfatbird.com/opskingfisher/t...rainingwk6.html.

Thanks, I will try to make it since I dun need to rush home to send my kids to class.

i dun need a shoe. :Big Grin:

Thanks, I will try to make it since I dun need to rush home to send my kids to class.

i dun need a shoe. :Big Grin:

lspua... Great! Come share with us your barefoot running experiences... Cya @ Playground! :)

It was the final session of Ops Kingfisher, Team FatBird's half-marathon training program for SBR/AHM09. Team FatBird's Nest at The PlayGround @ Big Splash was alive when a large crowd of over 70 turned up, with a number of first-timers and some running kakis from the Pacer Team and SAFRA Running Clubs.

A briefing on race day preparations and the 10-15km route ensued, followed by the customary Team FatBird Group Photo, before setting off to the start line at 7.25am. The pacers and marshals led the start for the various groups, and as the km got consumed, the Kingfishers settled in their paces.

Ops Kingfisher Finale