Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultraman

2nd Link Run 2007

haha ... i didnt not say that wrongly

they were dropped and allowed to continue with the marathon !!!

they finished with medals and positioning ...

like not very fair for the runners who ran the full distance right?

huh? drop the runners at the 40km point?

haha ... i didnt not say that wrongly

they were dropped and allowed to continue with the marathon !!!

they finished with medals and positioning ...

:o

In my short history in running.....there is such thing as runner's integrity and the unwritten code of ethics. What is the purpose to run a marathon with a discounted mileage? Even if a runner has "completed" the full 42.195km in such a manner....what gives? :/

"I have completed a 2nd Link marathon.....but I have a bus ride for 10km?"

ripley - you are so correct ...

bee - fairness is lost ...

boo-hoo-hoo ... i did not take the van !!!

wah piang eeeh... i mean, they can allow the runners to board the bus and drop them at the 40km point to continue... but they can never give them the finishing medal and certificate of participation... :nope:

Dear all, here's my field report:

1. It must ve been all your well wishes, weather was fine sans rain, much to my relief.

2. I was K.S and bought water at petrol Kiosk + brought own water. Not warranted, as there is 2 water points for the 10k route. Source is bottled water. Finishing line H2O were distributed.

3. Saved by an angel today. Near the reporting time to gather at carpark for return shuttle bus, I was looking for the carpark when a young man told me that the bus no. plate has been changed and arrival time is prob changed to. I've no idea how he knew I was from the Sg contingent but am very grateful that he walked up to tell me this. If not for his goodwill, or if he is as shy as me and dared not to, I may be somewhile selling ice potong now. Moral of the story, do memorise faces on the bus so that you'd know your own platoon and try to stay in touch. At the reporting time of 3am to board shuttle bus till half and hour before run start, I was on auto pilot. No matter how sleepy or shy you are, try to recognise fellow platoon mates and at least the organiser. I am so bad with memory that I could not recognise the 2 SAA corodinators so even if I lost my way I wouldn know who to look out for.

Before today, I thought I could find alternate transport home, but it is not available. No cabs too. Moral: do rely on the shutter bus to and fro unless you are driving there yourself. It may be your only mode of communication.

I enjoyed the run today. Also I am touched at how well the 2 SAA co-ordinators and the rest of those who board the shutter bus look out for one another. It is like a mini excursion tour and there is bonding even though no words are exchanged. All go together, 1 common goal, all come back together. Cheers, Oye

oh ya same here, i was looking for public bus at the bus terminal and all of a sudden this guy (one of the coordinators) came to me and asked me if im looking for shuttle bus back to spore. and the thing was i did not take the free shuttle from bkt gombak in the morning leh. how come he can recognised me from spore? but really must thank him coz i think he was walking ard the whole event area looking for fellow spore team :) so glad that me and my friends managed to get the shuttle back home :)

Full Marathon Run Report

I was one of the few Singapore full marathon runners.

The run was delayed from 5.30 am to 6 am.

Started off nice and dark after a 15-min quarantine where all the 52 marathoners were roped in (like cattle).

Since there were no chip used in timing, we were told to collect a pink ribbon at the U-turn at Linkbridge and purple one at the Lima Kedai Toll U-turn. The distance from the Toll back to the Finish line is 16 km By the time I was there the sun was up happily torturing us! The water points were 5 km apart !! But managed to get some from the other route water points. I was literally running alone. I could not see any runner 1km in front and back of me...so there is absolutely no cheers/support...all on my own.

When I reached the finish line after 5 hours (I am a beginner in marathons), there were no signs or road marshalls to guide me to the finish line. I wasted 5 min in locating the finish line until I caught up with the sole runner just after me.

Anyhow I came in 31 (miss the Winner's Medal) but happy to get through this really tough marathon.

Next year I will not miss the event as it is going to be organised by Singapore.