Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ultraman

2nd Link Run 2007

any idea when is the registration opened?

from runwitme post, "Forms will be published in News Straits Times...or you can get it from Sport for Life Center in Singapore/Tourism Malaysia Office."... but it never say when it will open... should be soon bah... since 11 nov is like just 1.5 months away... :)

Wow!...lucky I didnt registered for the VM, might go for the 21km or 42km. Surprisingly they come out with the 42km cat......but it will be a very demoralizing and tough 42km run....imagine running along the NS highway with no scenery and shade....hahaha! :D

same day as vertical marathon... decisions decisions

Hehe, I signed up for VM liao. Bro, your decision? :)

it's possible to do the 10k or 21k and still make it in time for the VM. haha. since Men's Open for VM starts at 10.22am (possibly later)

it's possible to do the 10k or 21k and still make it in time for the VM. haha. since Men's Open for VM starts at 10.22am (possibly later)

Hehe, can always trust our super triathlete to think of such ways to take part in many races in a year.

Hehe, can always trust our super triathlete to think of such ways to take part in many races in a year.

eh i still dun get the payment. it says MYR30/SGD30/USD15

so can i turn up at the signapore office & pay 30 in ringgit?

eh i still dun get the payment. it says MYR30/SGD30/USD15

so can i turn up at the signapore office & pay 30 in ringgit?

I doubt it BUT no harm trying :Big Grin:

Better to get a Malaysian colleague open a ringgit cheque and pay back with one lunch costing RM10 in Spore! (By the way, instructions on the registration form are that all payments by postal or money orders (no cash payments in Spore or Msia).

Like this idea, also have signed up VM already, do u think the legs can take it, tried before? This swissotel one also is no small deal as well...

Like this idea, also have signed up VM already, do u think the legs can take it, tried before? This swissotel one also is no small deal as well...

never tried and i don't intend to try!! haha..

from runwitme post, "Forms will be published in News Straits Times...or you can get it from Sport for Life Center in Singapore/Tourism Malaysia Office."... but it never say when it will open... should be soon bah... since 11 nov is like just 1.5 months away... :)

i went to Toursim Malaysia office at 80Robinson Rd yesterday but registration for the run will only start next week on 17th or 18Oct after they close weekend and next mon & tue for hari raya. Apparently they have not received the receipt book, the bibs or the t-shirts yet.

Coincidently the place to register for vertical marathon (on same day as 2nd link run) is also at 80 Robinson Rd.

i went to Toursim Malaysia office at 80Robinson Rd yesterday but registration for the run will only start next week on 17th or 18Oct after they close weekend and next mon & tue for hari raya. Apparently they have not received the receipt book, the bibs or the t-shirts yet.

Coincidently the place to register for vertical marathon (on same day as 2nd link run) is also at 80 Robinson Rd.

hey tks for the info. so u considering gg for this (or VM)?

Wrote to SSC and got a reply from them on the matter (see below).

Looks like have to wait for a while more to get more info on the run.

To: eugene_ng100

Cc: SSC QSM <SSC_QSM@ssc.gov.sg>; nizam@plus.com.my

Sent: Monday, 8 October 2007 9:40:02

Subject: Fw: Fefeedback case no. 10558 and 10591

Dear Eugene Ng,

Thank you for your interest in the event.

1.The NUSAJAYA Johor-Singapore 2nd Link Bridge Marathon 2007 will be held on 11 November starting from the Sultan Abubakar Complex at Tanjong Kupang, Johor.

2. The event soft launch was held on 6 October at the JB CitySquare and registration can be done by next week at the Tourism Malaysia Office 80 Robinson Road #01-01 C/D Singapore 068898. Tel 02-65326321/51.The other registration counter at Singapore Athletic Assn's Office at Bt Gombak Stadium, will be activated soon as the reprint of the enrty forms are ready.

For more details, you may visit the website www.nusajayacity.com or www.plus.com.my

Regards

Md Zulkifli

Manager high Participation Division

Sports Marketing Group

DID 63409582

Howdy,

Depending on my how fit I am and whether time allows it, I might do the HM. The last time I went to JB was 6 years ago and I've since lived overseas.

Can somebody kindly enough explain to me the best way to get to JB from Singapore (MRT, bus, duration etc).

Thanking you in advance.

Hmm, don't know how to carry the passport on me during the run, I think my fuel belt pouch not big enough to put the passport inside.

Second thing is the form says "All participants will be given a T-shirt each to be worn during the race.". Hmm, I wonder what happen if size got problem (can't wear if too small) or if its cotton (very uncomfortable to wear for 21km/42km run).

hey tks for the info. so u considering gg for this (or VM)?

Or both? :)

hi guys... considering to do only one of them, cos i dun have the energy for both... but roonz idea to do both is doable if your VM event has late start time.

VM is shorter but more siong.... 2nd link is good but malaysian organised means have to get up at prob 3am to get to 2nd link to take bus across...

thanks eugene for checking with organisers...

my feel very itchy! feel like joining this race! :P

I guess this run is just nice for a 21km instead of a 42km. It is 1 week right after MR35km progressive run and 3 weeks away from SCM2007. So, the 21km should be an appropriate distance to take part.

• Admin

I guess this run is just nice for a 21km instead of a 42km. It is 1 week right after MR35km progressive run and 3 weeks away from SCM2007. So, the 21km should be an appropriate distance to take part.

i definitely agree with shifu! :)

i definitely agree with shifu! :)

Just called the tourism office. The lady said they have not received anything (no forms no nothing) yet. Told me to call Sports Council? Hmmm...

so there goes my plan of registering today :(

Shifu.. m joining scm42 in dec. Was thinking maybe I can condition myself (mental) by joining the 42km in this race.. at least I mentally prepare myself for the distance.. is that good thing to do or I just stick to 21km?