Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironmandreamer

Kedah 50km Ultramarathon

IMD... me too , dun think i want to stay 2 days in KL to do the mizuno 10km ... I will follow Half Timer back to Sin. :tongue_smilie: IM Hunk, How do i pass the RM, Race application form n Pacesetter renewal form 2 U???? Can i leave them with RL funan??? <_<

sure, can leave the stuff in RL Funan.. attn to me pls. tks :)

IMD... me too , dun think i want to stay 2 days in KL to do the mizuno 10km ... I will follow Half Timer back to Sin. :tongue_smilie: IM Hunk, How do i pass the RM, Race application form n Pacesetter renewal form 2 U???? Can i leave them with RL funan??? <_<

IMD... I will try to leave them at RL, funan.. on wed,25 jul... tks. :)

DO, pls help me pass my pacesetters membership fees to IMD too...thanks

DO, pls help me pass my pacesetters membership fees to IMD too...thanks

No problem... pls fill up the renewal form( last pages of the pacestter magazine) n pass them to me tis tue at MF.. <_<

Hi IMD

What's the update on the itenary and accomodation ?

accomodation settled liao... we stay in the terrace house located in Alor Setar. booked already.

As for transport to Alor Setar, we will depart from Beach Road Golden Mile Complex at 9pm on 5 Sep Wed. Costs $40-$45. Haven't buy yet. When i drop by there, will buy.

As for the return trip to S'pore, we will buy bus tickets on the spot when we arrive in Alor Setar. If bus timing to S'pore is not favourable, we buy bus tix to KL which is more frequent, then transfer to another bus which goes to Singapore. Estimated cost is RM60-RM80.

Proposed Itinerary

5 Sep Wed

8.30pm - Meet at Golden Mile Complex, Beach Road

9pm - Depart for Alor Setar

6 Sep Thur

10am - Arrival in Alor Setar, buy return bus ticket & transfer to accomodation

10am till 3.30pm - Free & Easy in Alor Setar

3.30pm - 4.30pm - Proceed to race pack collection at Clubhouse, 10-15km away from Alor Setar

4.30pm - Return to Alor Setar

5pm onwards - Own time own target

7 Sep Fri

12am-1am - Wake up

1am - Transfer to Start Point

3am-10am - Ultra marathon... good luck

11am - Return to Alor Setar

12pm till 1pm - lunch in Alor Setar

1pm onwards - Bus back to S'pore (if we manage to get the tix the day before) or Bus to KL

6pm(only if transit in KL) - Bus back to S'pore or can stay overnight in KL

11pm - Arrival in S'pore (if not staying overnight in KL)

Hi IMD

What's the update on the itenary and accomodation ?

accomodation settled liao... we stay in the terrace house located in Alor Setar. booked already.

As for transport to Alor Setar, we will depart from Beach Road Golden Mile Complex at 9pm on 5 Sep Wed. Costs $40-$45. Haven't buy yet. When i drop by there, will buy.

As for the return trip to S'pore, we will buy bus tickets on the spot when we arrive in Alor Setar. If bus timing to S'pore is not favourable, we buy bus tix to KL which is more frequent, then transfer to another bus which goes to Singapore. Estimated cost is RM60-RM80.

Proposed Itinerary

5 Sep Wed

8.30pm - Meet at Golden Mile Complex, Beach Road

9pm - Depart for Alor Setar

6 Sep Thur

10am - Arrival in Alor Setar, buy return bus ticket & transfer to accomodation

10am till 3.30pm - Free & Easy in Alor Setar

3.30pm - 4.30pm - Proceed to race pack collection at Clubhouse, 10-15km away from Alor Setar

4.30pm - Return to Alor Setar

5pm onwards - Own time own target

7 Sep Fri

12am-1am - Wake up

1am - Transfer to Start Point

3am-10am - Ultra marathon... good luck

11am - Return to Alor Setar

12pm till 1pm - lunch in Alor Setar

1pm onwards - Bus back to S'pore (if we manage to get the tix the day before) or Bus to KL

6pm(only if transit in KL) - Bus back to S'pore or can stay overnight in KL

11pm - Arrival in S'pore (if not staying overnight in KL)

Wow, You so fast ironed out things. It's great ! I'll pay up when I see you in AHM.

Hi IMD.. Any ideas abt what kind of the terrains we will b running at Kedah Ultra?? :tongue_smilie:

Will we be running on Tarmac Roads or Trails route?? Hv not been running trails for a while... :redface: Tks.. Must bring the correct running shoes ^_^

Hi IMD.. Any ideas abt what kind of the terrains we will b running at Kedah Ultra?? :tongue_smilie:

Will we be running on Tarmac Roads or Trails route?? Hv not been running trails for a while... :redface: Tks.. Must bring the correct running shoes ^_^

From the below links, apparently it's not a trail run in the park..anyway it can't be running in the dark woods as early as 3am..we may become delicious mac breakfast for tigers.

Along the route, there will be 12 water points, 2 food/fruit points, 7 first aids stations and music. The finish point will supply food and drink, spacious rest area.

http://www.runnersmalaysia.com.my/events/i...orm_50Kinfo.JPG

http://www.runnersmalaysia.com.my/events/images/form_50K.JPG

From the below links, apparently it's not a trail run in the park..anyway it can't be running in the dark woods as early as 3am..we may become delicious mac breakfast for tigers.

Along the route, there will be 12 water points, 2 food/fruit points, 7 first aids stations and music. The finish point will supply food and drink, spacious rest area.

http://www.runnersmalaysia.com.my/events/i...orm_50Kinfo.JPG

http://www.runnersmalaysia.com.my/events/images/form_50K.JPG

Halftimer... Thanks.. :smilie_daumen1:

Confirmed going:

1. Choonwei

2. Fennel

3. Half timer

4. DO

5. Cosmic Wind

6. IMD

Transport to Alor Setar ($43)

5 Sep Wed 9pm Grassland Bus, departing from Golden Mile Complex, Beach Road. Let's meet at 8.30pm in front of Grassland travel company.

Accomodation

We'll be staying in Comfort Motel for 1 night. We've booked 1 large room & 3 small rooms. The Motel is located at Jalan Kampung Perak. When we arrive, we'll be picked up from the bus terminal by the organiser, Mr Saw, phone number 012-5516678 (chinese speaking) & transferred to the Motel. I think we'll be able to ask him to help send us to the race pack collection area in the afternoon....

C u all next Wed..

Confirmed going:

1. Choonwei

2. Fennel

3. Half timer

4. DO

5. Cosmic Wind

6. IMD

Transport to Alor Setar ($43)

5 Sep Wed 9pm Grassland Bus, departing from Golden Mile Complex, Beach Road. Let's meet at 8.30pm in front of Grassland travel company.

Accomodation

We'll be staying in Comfort Motel for 1 night. We've booked 1 large room & 3 small rooms. The Motel is located at Jalan Kampung Perak. When we arrive, we'll be picked up from the bus terminal by the organiser, Mr Saw, phone number 012-5516678 (chinese speaking) & transferred to the Motel. I think we'll be able to ask him to help send us to the race pack collection area in the afternoon....

C u all next Wed..

IMD, Thanks for your effort to work out the logistics which is so well organized and you leave no stone unturned.. :Applause:

It's my second attempt after MR25 ultramarathon last Dec. I shall run, jog and walk or whatever..step by step to round up the nature park..Hopefully to complete it within 6 hours.. :Praying:

hmm i just realise that at 3am in Kedah, running...national park, running in the dark? haha

We run on the roads outside the park which is both start and end points meet. So there are street lamps along the course but dim light though. I suggest bring along a small torch light in case answering the nature call in the bush.