Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironmandreamer

Kedah 50km Ultramarathon

Gunung Keriang Recreation Park is a lot more scenic than MR..Also it is not boring just to run one round of it than 5 loops in MR.

" It is located just 12 kilometers from the city of Alor Setar and is one of the major tourist attractions in Kedah.

The Gunung Keriang Recreation Park is known for its limestone rocks and caves. The Gua Keriang is one of the most popular and famous caves found in this park.

Gunung Keriang or Mount Keriang is an elephant shaped mountain located amidst flat paddy field of the state of Kedah. The park is a good place to go for rock climbing and trekking. Cave exploration is another major activity that one can embark upon in this fantastic nature park.

The mountain serves as a perfect spot for camping. Visitors come here for trekking and rock climbing in order to get a good view of the mountain summit. "

btw, is it a hilly terrain ??

Based on the picture, Gunung Keriang is a distinct outcrop in the middle of flat padi land..so I guess the terrain is not any worst than MR.

Based on the picture, Gunung Keriang is a distinct outcrop in the middle of flat padi land..so I guess the terrain is not any worst than MR.

wah, look like more scenic to run leh. Hmm, 02 Sep got 30km progressive run, not sure which to go now ??? :/

wah, look like more scenic to run leh. Hmm, 02 Sep got 30km progressive run, not sure which to go now ??? :/

If you are going to do SBR for 21km, then it is just a week away to do the MR run...too close for comfort. To recover reasonably well from SBR, Kedah run is an obviuos choice.

too rush... besides, i left 1 day leave... :P

thought you have many many days of leave... :cool_grin:

ooops, i left 1 day of leave from last year... must reserve just in case... :Big Grin:

this year's leave must reserve for next year lor... :tongue_smilie:

ooops, i left 1 day of leave from last year... must reserve just in case... :Big Grin:

wah, half year gone & u still clearing last year leave & haven touch this year leave. win liao !

wah, half year gone & u still clearing last year leave & haven touch this year leave. win liao !

where got win? my approved leave in sep and nov are all using last year's leave... :tongue_smilie:

anyway, you guys enjoy... i'll have to miss this event... will only consider when i'm no longer working can have no $$$ to travel far... :P

where got win? my approved leave in sep and nov are all using last year's leave... :tongue_smilie:

like that still no win ah, think the whole of this year, u are using last year leave ! Like that, your leave can never finish one !

have contacted the organiser & he says got a motel near the start point in Keriang which is good for us, so no need to wake up as early if we stay in Alor Setar.

Cost:

Large room which can accomodate 4ppl - RM55

Small room which can accomodate 2ppl - RM28

Don't expect any luxury hor... bathroom is not attached, which means shared bathroom.

So far, the following have been registered:

1. Balasing

2. Choonwei

3. Half timer

4. Fennel

5. IMD

Are u all ok with this motel? or wanna stay in Alor Setar, which costs about RM100-RM150?

Anyone else keen?

have contacted the organiser & he says got a motel near the start point in Keriang which is good for us, so no need to wake up as early if we stay in Alor Setar.

Cost:

Don't expect any luxury hor... bathroom is not attached, which means shared bathroom.

1. Balasing

2. Choonwei

3. Half timer

4. Fennel

5. IMD

Are u all ok with this motel? or wanna stay in Alor Setar, which costs about RM100-RM150?

Anyone else keen?

Hi IMD, Thanks for your effort. I'm fine with motel but follow the decision of the majority.

Cost:

1. Balasing

2. Choonwei

3. Half timer

4. Fennel

5. IMD

Anyone else keen?

Hi IMD, Thanks for your effort. I'm fine with motel but follow the decision of the majority.

IMD... pls count me In for this event also... When must i submit the entry form.. to U? <_<

DO, i have all your details except ur Unit No. :)

I will be submitting registration forms by 5 Aug. Closing date is 17 Aug and costs RM50 for normal entry. Late bird is RM65.

IMD..Thanks... Just sent U a PM <_<

For return journey to S'pore, we'll buy tickets on the spot in Alor Setar. Choonwei says buses from Alor Setar direct back to S'pore is scarce. If so, we'll buy bus ticket to KL, then makan before taking a bus to S'pore. Is this plan ok?

And btw, if any of u is keen, can join Balasing & me in taking part in the Mizuno Wave Run in KL that Sunday 9 Sep, 10km, 7.30am.. Just relac one.. For details click Mizuno Wave Run KL 9 Sep 2007 if keen, we'll reach KL on fri nite, stay 2 nites in KL, makan till we drop... and depart KL on Sunday afternoon, arrive in S'pore at night.

For return journey to S'pore, we'll buy tickets on the spot in Alor Setar. Choonwei says buses from Alor Setar direct back to S'pore is scarce. If so, we'll buy bus ticket to KL, then makan before taking a bus to S'pore. Is this plan ok?

And btw, if any of u is keen, can join Balasing & me in taking part in the Mizuno Wave Run in KL that Sunday 9 Sep, 10km, 7.30am.. Just relac one.. For details click Mizuno Wave Run KL 9 Sep 2007 if keen, we'll reach KL on fri nite, stay 2 nites in KL, makan till we drop... and depart KL on Sunday afternoon, arrive in S'pore at night.

tough choice lei....mizuno or shape run?? anyone can help to collect goodies bag for shape run??? :P

tough choice lei....mizuno or shape run?? anyone can help to collect goodies bag for shape run??? :P

fennel, what time you back from kedah?? you want me to collect the shape run goodie bag??

The Shape Run Carnival

Marina Square Atrium

7-8 September (Fri-Sat)

11am-7pm

Count me out for the 10km event. I foresee to hang up and nurse my legs after 50km run plus walk.

Count me out for the 10km event. I foresee to hang up and nurse my legs after 50km run plus walk.

IMD... me too , dun think i want to stay 2 days in KL to do the mizuno 10km ... I will follow Half Timer back to Sin. :tongue_smilie: IM Hunk, How do i pass the RM, Race application form n Pacesetter renewal form 2 U???? Can i leave them with RL funan??? <_<

fennel, what time you back from kedah?? you want me to collect the shape run goodie bag??

The Shape Run Carnival

Marina Square Atrium

7-8 September (Fri-Sat)

11am-7pm

for last year, that's only for the collection of shirt and bib...goodie bag was given out after the run.