Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shutehelup

Petaling Jaya Half Marathon

well done, eliza! :)

well done Eliza...Didn't see you on that day... Hehe

Bose got race report? .... Eliza one quite interesting

I did! But my race report is very short.Nothing much to write coz I have been running this race for 4 years in the row already. Haha. http://tanbose.blogspot.com

thanks read yr race report.... many malaysian runners still drawn to run in PJ half cos't its an institution... it's like there forever... ha ha well done on yr good timing.

Thanks sywog.. The number of participants this year is very poor. Dunno why? Kinda weird coz the PJ Half can be considered one of the best organised races in Malaysia.

Thanks sywog.. The number of participants this year is very poor. Dunno why? Kinda weird coz the PJ Half can be considered one of the best organised races in Malaysia.

maybe other events on the same day

Hi! I guess the poor turn up could be due to PJ Half caters only to fast runners.

There is nothing for us "slow" runners to look forward to. Not even a finisher certificate for us, let alone a medal. To route is quite boring, traffic can be a nightmare and slow runners probably do not get water at the end of the race. If there are other races outthere, I wouldn't bother signing up for PJ Half even though my house is like 5 min drive away from the start point.

So, this year I signed up for the 24Hour Walk instead. It was kinda torturing but it was fun and all of us walkaway with a full tummy!

Read about it here

Hi! I guess the poor turn up could be due to PJ Half caters only to fast runners.

There is nothing for us "slow" runners to look forward to. Not even a finisher certificate for us, let alone a medal. To route is quite boring, traffic can be a nightmare and slow runners probably do not get water at the end of the race. If there are other races outthere, I wouldn't bother signing up for PJ Half even though my house is like 5 min drive away from the start point.

So, this year I signed up for the 24Hour Walk instead. It was kinda torturing but it was fun and all of us walkaway with a full tummy!

Read about it here

True also. The PJ Half is more like catering for fast runners... But what I know is the number used to increase every year but this year's drop is quite obvious. You can actually see the group waiting in the starting cage is so small! Maybe most of them went for the 24hrs walk event instead.

Read about it here

True also. The PJ Half is more like catering for fast runners... But what I know is the number used to increase every year but this year's drop is quite obvious. You can actually see the group waiting in the starting cage is so small! Maybe most of them went for the 24hrs walk event instead.

i've never ran PJ half so cannot comment personally, but my sis who runs it every year feels that the main reason for the drop is because of the Adidas King of the Road 21km which is the weekend before. Many runners who signed up for King of the Road will skip PJ Half because it is an "older" event with less to offer much to what runwitme has said... quite sad hor... even my sis return to PJ Half cos' its there and even then she ran the 10km, which she suffer cos no water points at all !!