Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shutehelup

Petaling Jaya Half Marathon

My maiden overseas run was last year's PJ Half.

Details

Date: Sunday, 12 Aug 07

Time: 0630hrs

Venue: Petaling Jaya Stadium, Kelana Jaya

Registration fee: RM10 before 27 July

Late registration (after 27 July): RM20

Medals: No (unless i misread the form) (last year also don't have)

Certificate:

- Distinction: 1hr 45 mins or earlier

- Merit: 2hr

- Completion: 2hr 15mins

Form: PJ Half

So who's interested?

1) Shut

2) Eliza

My maiden overseas run was last year's PJ Half.

Details

Date: Sunday, 12 Aug 07

Time: 0630hrs

Venue: Petaling Jaya Stadium, Kelana Jaya

Registration fee: RM10 before 27 July

Late registration (after 27 July): RM20

Medals: No (unless i misread the form) (last year also don't have)

Certificate:

- Distinction: 1hr 45 mins or earlier

- Merit: 2hr

- Completion: 2hr 15mins

Form: PJ Half

So who's interested?

wah, so cheap as compared to GE woman !

1) Hoho.... lucky you. I finished just in time for the Cert of completion. Din even check if i qualified for a medal.

2) Nearest hotel: Dunno.. must ask those from PJ. Last year i stayed at Bukit Bintang and a kind couple picked me up in the morning and sent me back after the race..... :smilie_daumen1:

3) The stadium is near Subang Airport. If fact, last year's route's u-turn point is at the entrance to the airport. It is probably nearer to Sunway than it is to KL City (correct me if i'm wrong). Not easy to go if you dun have transport.

from s'pore how to go to the starting point???

I last took part in this event some years ago - the first time the start/finish was moved from PJ town to Kelana Jaya. There were no LRT nor monorail then.

To get there from S'pore you can go directly to Sentral by train or bus then take the LRT to the Kelana Jaya station. I don't know of any hotels in the vicinity. If anyone knows of any hotels near the start/finish I'm interested too. The reason I've not taken part in this event again is because of the isolated location. Maybe it has improved since I last went.

We arranged for a taxi to get there early in the morning but getting back was a problem. There were no taxis nor buses around the start/finish so we went out to the highway to catch one of the taxis coming from Subang Airport. Now that the airport has now moved to Sepang this option is not good anymore.

Good luck on your run!

The nearest hotel probably will be either Sunway Resort Hotel, Holiday Villa Subang or The Hyatt Regency, but they are all not within walking distance. Hyatt is about 6km from the stadium

Thanks for the info... :smilie_daumen1:

1) Hoho.... lucky you. I finished just in time for the Cert of completion. Din even check if i qualified for a medal.

2) Nearest hotel: Dunno.. must ask those from PJ. Last year i stayed at Bukit Bintang and a kind couple picked me up in the morning and sent me back after the race..... :smilie_daumen1:

3) The stadium is near Subang Airport. If fact, last year's route's u-turn point is at the entrance to the airport. It is probably nearer to Sunway than it is to KL City (correct me if i'm wrong). Not easy to go if you dun have transport.

I was darm lucky to earn a finisher medal for the finishing time that I achieved as that event coincide with a few other running events last year. Hence the elite runners were mostly not around. But I'm not sure whether they will give finisher medals this year.

I managed to stay at a friend's place nearby. I didn't notice any hotels nearby as I was on the look out during the run.

It definitely not easy to go if one doesn't have own transport. I recalled I need to ask my friend ( :Phbbbt: )to pick me up as I was unable to catch a cab then.

I was darm lucky to earn a finisher medal for the finishing time that I achieved as that event coincide with a few other running events last year. Hence the elite runners were mostly not around. But I'm not sure whether they will give finisher medals this year.

I managed to stay at a friend's place nearby. I didn't notice any hotels nearby as I was on the look out during the run.

It definitely not easy to go if one doesn't have own transport. I recalled I need to ask my friend ( :Phbbbt: )to pick me up as I was unable to catch a cab then.

To be able to get the medal, you must complete not more than 2hours. That's what I actually observed.

i hear from my sister who is a regular runner in KL/PJ area that PJ half M route will continue to have construction (since last year) along the route and will make some parts pretty hard/difficult running. In Msia they dun fully cordon off the working areas.

All those running, please watch your footing & nails etc on the uneven ground.

Just came back from this event... did the 21k run. To qualify for a certificate, one have to return within 2hrs15mins... which I knew I sure can't make it... it was a painful run for me coz I haven't ran for 2 weeks before this... (was saving turtles on Redang lah... hee hee)... did a run-walk routine after only 12k!.... I think it was at around 12k lah... there was no distance markers for the entire route... :wacko: ... so I juz agar agar the distance i ran by the refreshment stations and sponging stations...

The route was quite hazardous too coz the roads were not entirely closed to traffic, and we had to run across filter lanes many times... at one point, we were running in the middle of the road, juz along the divider with vehicles zipping from the back of us... :Nail Biting:

The run finishes inside the Stadium Petaling Jaya... which is nice... but when I ran past the finish line, it was business over liao for the officials... so there was no race stewards/marshalls... I was too slow lah... ha ha ha... my agar agar time based on manual timing... 2hr33mins...

I would consider this race as good value (RM10) with the 5 refreshments (100plus & H2O) and 4 sponging stations, and goodie bag consisting of:

An oversized cotton event t-shirt

A bottle of some cleaning liquid

2 pkts of Fisherman Friend sample pack mints

2 pkts of some coco wafer

1 pkt of Braille spaghetti

1 pkt of Nature Valley granola bar

1 pkt of sample size Deep Heat rub

Anyway, it was a good run to get myself back into the motion of things after an idyllic week on the island... :Big Grin:

well done Eliza... :Applause: :cheers:

at least you complete the whole route... :smilie_daumen1:

well done, eliza! :)

well done Eliza...Didn't see you on that day... Hehe

Thanks... :)

Bose, didn't know you made the trip... anyway, I only saw 1 runner that I recognise there...

well done, eliza! :)

well done Eliza...Didn't see you on that day... Hehe

Bose got race report? .... Eliza one quite interesting

I did! But my race report is very short.Nothing much to write coz I have been running this race for 4 years in the row already. Haha. http://tanbose.blogspot.com

thanks read yr race report.... many malaysian runners still drawn to run in PJ half cos't its an institution... it's like there forever... ha ha well done on yr good timing.