AutumnRunner

Run As One Singapore (21 May 21 - 30 May 21)

16 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

This is another hybrid race where its a physical race but booking of certain timeslot is necessary.

https://www.runasonesg.com/rates-registration/

Many of the races are implementing the booking of timeslots. Not sure if this is going to be the new normal moving forward, even after the pandemic. I am sure this will be effective in easing congestions at race site or during the race routes, but it adds another layer of pressure if you aren't fast enough during the registration and you are stuck with less ideal timeslots.

11 hours ago, starfinder said:

I remember last year there were quite a number of positive comments regarding this race, especially on the part on using their app..

I remembered that too, so for the sake of a unique race experience I will consider signing up for this.

Again, I am going to harp on the price - why am I charged more for running a longer distance, if there is no additional race support like in a physical race, and I am getting the same exact entitlements as the shorter distances?

Edited by beast
  • Like 1
On 3/30/2021 at 10:13 AM, beast said:

Many of the races are implementing the booking of timeslots. Not sure if this is going to be the new normal moving forward, even after the pandemic. I am sure this will be effective in easing congestions at race site or during the race routes, but it adds another layer of pressure if you aren't fast enough during the registration and you are stuck with less ideal timeslots.

I think booking of time slots are feasible for such virtual races, where the participants may not be a lot.

But for popular physical races which can have many thousands of runners, time slots may not be feasible. Personal feel is unless majority of local population is vaccinated and there is solid clearance test for overseas visitors, local races will still not happen.

Posted (edited)

Had ran it last year... its pretty similar to a virtual race except that u hear an additional voice from handphone over certain parts of the route. The fees is pretty high I would say.

Edited by AutumnRunner
Posted (edited)

A few weeks back, I was considering to join this event, given positive reviews from last year - But I was undecided on distance to sign up for.

Just realised now that this event has been postponed due to the tightened measures:-

20210516_152432.jpg

Edited by sicklycat
1 hour ago, sicklycat said:

A few weeks back, I was considering to join this event, given positive reviews from last year - But I was undecided on distance to sign up for.

Just realised now that this event has been postponed due to the tightened measures:-

20210516_152432.jpg

from last year to last week...allowed maximum 8

then 5 from this week...allowed maximum 5

today is 2 only...only for essential activities, definitely not Run (Exercise)

Uncle expected on this announcement...MetaSport is a multi-sports event organizer including run...

the organizer simply cannot have opted for any "different waves or slots" like in previous year...

the norm of Covid-19 is still the same - Virtual Race, Anytime, Anyplace, Alone...perhaps, that one is still open for your participation, Anytime, Anyplace😃

On 5/16/2021 at 3:33 PM, sicklycat said:

I completely forgotten about registration for this run.

You can still sign up for the event though, but I will leave it till the new dates are being decided.

47 minutes ago, beast said:

I completely forgotten about registration for this run.

You can still sign up for the event though, but I will leave it till the new dates are being decided.

Agree - Should wait for new dates to be set. Though it feels like it will be a long wait :unknw:

Managed to train up for this race but safety and health is definitely more critical at this period. stay safe everyone and let's wait for the new date, likely they will announce only after the Ph2 Heightened alert period.