LunarRun2021-tshirt-2048x1332.png

Finisher medals

18.88 KM FINISHER MEDAL

LunarRun2021-medal18km.jpg

88.88 KM FINISHER MEDAL

LunarRun2021-medal.jpg

Other entitlements

LunarRun2021-gold-coin.jpg

[COMMENT] I knew this was coming but I was hoping that the yearly Lunar Run (organised by TSCSC) would not be converted to a virtual run. I guess I have not choice but to sign up for my first virtual race if I want to continue with the Zodiac Medal series. Frankly, it's super value for money and there are no messy MOVE apps to use with this one (unlike ST Virtual Run).

Actually, I believe I can continue with my 'run with no handphone' practice. I just use my fitness tracker (non GPS) as usual. Sync the run to the fitness tracker mobile app. Take a screenshot of the run and upload to the website. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

Good for you, @lonewolf

JustRunLah! for Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run

For more Virtual Races...

https://connect.justrunlah.com/

uncle did a Free (otherwise $12.80) Virtual Race : Run For Your Heart Virtual Run 2020 with JustRunLah!...

support is very responsive and professional...

yap, registered with 88.88km as Koh Papa

https://connect.justrunlah.com/virtual-challenge/lunar-run-2021-virtual-ox-run/

leaderboarde23e8134db87d64a.jpg

will be using Strava app...export as .gpx..multiple submissions..

we see each other at the Leaderboard in 2021..

Edited by kohpapa
3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

123419781_2817804901829578_6928636299464

WebsiteHERE
RegistrationHERE

Entitlement

Event apparel

LunarRun2021-tshirt-2048x1332.png

Finisher medals

18.88 KM FINISHER MEDAL

LunarRun2021-medal18km.jpg

88.88 KM FINISHER MEDAL

LunarRun2021-medal.jpg

Other entitlements

LunarRun2021-gold-coin.jpg

[COMMENT] I knew this was coming but I was hoping that the yearly Lunar Run (organised by TSCSC) would not be converted to a virtual run. I guess I have not choice but to sign up for my first virtual race if I want to continue with the Zodiac Medal series. Frankly, it's super value for money and there are no messy MOVE apps to use with this one (unlike ST Virtual Run).

Actually, I believe I can continue with my 'run with no handphone' practice. I just use my fitness tracker (non GPS) as usual. Sync the run to the fitness tracker mobile app. Take a screenshot of the run and upload to the website. :crazysmile:

Congrats on finally joining your 1st virtual run!

2 hours ago, starfinder said:

I think last year's rat run did not have the gold foiled coin?

In any case, I was hoping for next year's virtual runs organizers could exclude the event shirt to lower cost further.

I think this is the first year that this run series is giving out a gold foiled coin.

And I most likely will be registering for it for the coin and auspicious 88.88 finisher medal.

Yah I don't like the shirt also... probably sell it cheaply on Carousell and see if there are any takers...

8 hours ago, beast said:

I wanted to say "And more to come!" but I am pretty sure this will be an exceptional one-off thing for him  :crazysmile:

I think this is not the first time I am saying this but it is probably worth repeating.

I am not adverse to joining virtual races. In fact, there are a couple of virtual races that are issuing quality ELM medals at acceptable registration fee,

My issues with virtual races is that you usually need a running app (operating on your hp) or a GPS-enabled watch to record your runs for uploads later. I do not like to run with my handphone and I do not owe a GPS-enabled watch. And those are the only reasons why I have never join virtual races before.

Frankly, I not even 100% certain if my uploads will be accepted. I guess we will find out. 

42 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

My issues with virtual races is that you usually need a running app (operating on your hp) or a GPS-enabled watch to record your runs for uploads later. I do not like to run with my handphone and I do not owe a GPS-enabled watch. And those are the only reasons why I have never join virtual races before.

Frankly, I not even 100% certain if my uploads will be accepted. I guess we will find out. 

JustRunLah! Support is very responsive and accommodating...yes, they will even email to you if you need help and assist you...

it is ok...say you run without apps... Just snap pics of yourself begin with landmark... then snap pics of your complete with landmark... say at Punggol Park... anyone could make a Google Map to trace from where you start and where you stop...distance...and remember to tell them time start and time end...your PACE which can be calculated online...

just submit in .zip ... if multiple collection of run made in different dates...as long as you pics taken are most recently dated...

you will definitely be assured JustRunLah! will manually check your submission and response if they have enquiry...via email.

as uncle has shared...JustRunLah! Connect Virtual Calendar are actually their clients' Virtual Races/Challenges...so they are very experienced, professional and accommodating...

Leaderboard... once you have submitted...you will see your distance submitted updated as evidenced by you..and as you long you have accummulated to say 18.88KM... if you have register for 18.88KM...then your entitlement is ready to be shipped as detailed.

Have faith...and good that you have started a "Virtual" Run... because of Covid-19...otherwise, this is a "legitimate" Run...

So move on! with JustRunLah! Connect Virtual Calendar... and if you think you want to try more... the process is the same...simplified and friendly support...with JustRunLah! (they don't really enforce apps..and they don't even say what you must do if you don't have apps...just submit evidence of what you can gather..) 👍

Edited by kohpapa
On 11/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, lonewolf said:

I think this is not the first time I am saying this but it is probably worth repeating.

I am not adverse to joining virtual races. In fact, there are a couple of virtual races that are issuing quality ELM medals at acceptable registration fee,

Just to be clear, when I say joining this race will likely be the exceptional one-off thing for you, I had never meant it as derogatory, judgmental or anything like that. I perfectly respect everyone's opinion and stand on virtual races, and their reasons for joining and not joining them. The comment was based off the same reasons that you have mentioned in the past, which I can relate to the hassles associated with them.

Also, I have participated in Justrunlah virtual races before and the upload is just simply upload a screenshot. And to further ease your worry, this is from their website which states that you don't even need a GPS enabled fitness tracker. 

"All you have to do is register for a race and provide evidence that you have done it. The evidence can be a screenshot of your running/fitness app, a photo of the machine screen etc. Do check out specific instructions of the event you join for more information."

aiyo... everybody...

be happy...just send off "very Covid-19" Rat year away [all races are cancelled]...with a Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run...

just want to know...who's will show run 18.88KM or who's will show run 88.88KM...huat! haut! huat! for everyone...all same price...SGD One huat! only...

Edited by kohpapa
20 hours ago, beast said:

Just to be clear, when I say joining this race will likely be the exceptional one-off thing for you, I had never meant it as derogatory, judgmental or anything like that.

No worries. I never view your comments in  that way. :angel:

• Like 1

uncle shall be starting collecting "cummulative" mileage in achieving 88.88 KM from Dec 1 (Tuesday)...

challenge-2021.jpg

with the KLSCM 2020 VR Full Marathon this weekend also...should be do"able" be completed by this Sunday...

for those who had not signed up...20 December 2020...celebrating CNY 2021 with medal, coin, finisher-tee with a Virtual Challenge.

from dec 1, daily 10km+ till dec 4... 50+km plus 42.1 KM race @ KLSCM 2020 VR on dec 5...100+ km :)

well, it is going to be end of 2020...this virtual run challenge is till next year...so uncle wishes, ALL the Best and have a "Huat" "Huat" year in 2021...🎉

Edited by kohpapa