kohpapa

THE WORLD ATHLETICS CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP, BATHURST 21 GLOBAL CHALLENGE (1 FEBRUARY - 21 MARCH 2021)

46 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

please +Join sgRunner @ Race Roster, why not consider the Last Leg ...longer distance...

uncle shall be starting Leg 1 of sgRunner in 20 hours..

Uncle, this year I run shorter distances. Taking it as 'recovery year'. In fact nowadays i run no more than than 4 km. The longest distance I ran this year is the Safari Zoo Run of 12 km 😅

As for team sgrunner, I hope @beast & @AutumnRunner will take part too. If not, some other runners can take the empty slots too. It will be more fun if we have 6 different runners for the 6 segments. And each runner will only do his/her segment after the previous one is completed. This will give us the feel of a 'relay'.

4 hours ago, starfinder said:

As for team sgrunner, I hope @beast & @AutumnRunner will take part too. If not, some other runners can take the empty slots too. It will be more fun if we have 6 different runners for the 6 segments. And each runner will only do his/her segment after the previous one is completed. This will give us the feel of a 'relay'.

Team sgRunner will proceed as long as those who responded, just take part lah, @starfinder...register your interest,  just like when we were once here, remember....

so, just do this for yourself...forget about 'relay' of 6 persons feel...just be happy about what this Ekiden spirit is all about...Team and Bonding...

complete Team sgRunner...whoever wants to do...including @beast or @AutumnRunnervery sporting sgRunners and great bros...👍..of course, they also had been invited after their completion, the option to continue with Team sgRunner...

anyway, this is a backup Team, it was offered, but none has ever taken..so uncle has told @Lady Ice, just like at Covid 19 Challenges... we just proceed...don't need think about the rest of them...we are committed to continue..

Team sgRunner shall be completed daily from today (Friday)...just register...we just do it for ourselves...committed and with the spirit of Team sgRunner2020 and Team sgRunner...that's all...😀

so, @starfinder, Leg 2 is 5K, and @Lady Ice Leg 3 is 10K...

Uncle shall be starting Leg 1 and Leg 5, ...and if nobody take up/register on Sunday....uncle shall simply complete all remaining legs daily...

because this is a backup Team, which is because it was never filled-up with 6...as Team sgRunner....result of the team performance and achievement shall not be publicized here...

Interestingly...because of Covid-19, technology has make Virtual Race/Challenges Registration FOC, Online Events can be organised DIY, and Events can be made to offer to Friends and Teams..even Team events need not to be filled up with Full Members...exceptionally new normal...yet you can Run against Self Challenge with Motivation, with Groups [Friends], and with the Elites of the World...😀

Edited by kohpapa

please complete the Virtual Race [Ekiden] for Team sgRunner2020 (Men's)...we're almost top 100...and may become top 50 if you also can Run SoH Fast...👌

uncle shall start Team sgRunner (Mixed)...in 6 hours...we are a backup and as well as an underdog Team...so Team sgRunner, are you ready? empty slots/legs/segments will be filled as we progress from Monday...so those who have yet register...please Join+ @ Race Roster...

teamd73cee5c06fc8d44.jpg

good news, if anyone who have missed this opportunity...and would like to try...

Team SgRunnersUnited (Mixed) is ready...to start next Thursday...uncle shall be in the Last Leg 6...

newbf8cd472d496844c.jpg

Respond here...learn how...

Rule #1: Everyone must use Runkeeper apps.

Rule #2: Every member must be seen in the Runkeeper apps, trying out or shown with activities of walk/run before the Virtual Race.

Don't miss this bonding opportunity and please don't tell uncle that sgRunners, there is no more Real Runners in this forum...but talk like as though you run virtually...

but if you are actually not...then take this ekiden virtual race (1 session) as challenge...

Ekiden-2020.jpg

btw, @starfinder, two more 10KM Challege spots for you to consider...and please lah, don't make uncle complete Team sgRunnersUnited as Ekiden Marathon Challenge for "SCSM Grand Finale"...which if uncle should do so...that will be uncle's 4th Marathon Attempt for Nov...of which, 3 are Marathon Virtual Race (1-session)... 😲

Edited by kohpapa

@kohpapaUpdate on my side:

1) I downloaded the Runkeeper app but for some reason I cannot login, so I can't use the app.

2) I was able to import a previous run from another running app to Runkeeper online. Are you able to see my activity?

3) There is a section on "races" from Runkeeper online, but it says I am not registered to any runs.

4) I will try to import my 7.2km run tonight online and let's see if it is able sync to at your end to indicate that I have completed the leg. If not, then I will try to troubleshoot the Runkeeper app again over this weekend and if I can resolve the login issue, I will try to run with the 7.2km run again next Tuesday evening using the Runkeeper app.

5) If I can solve the technical issues with Runkeeper online/app, I can take on another leg for Team sgRunner (Mixed) next week.

let me check it out...we at Runkeeper can see you did this...

yes8f991efc363c9223.md.jpg

yes, maybe you never login to your app from mobile...

so you must first login...at your desktop (checked)

https://runkeeper.com/home

and then login to your mobile to you app (check if there is technical issues)...resolve next week

@beast, you need not need to finish Team sgRunner2020 if you are not prepared...anytime anyplace...next week is fine...

because we have a backup team..Team sgRunner... so meaning you may not join us for this one due to Runkeeper...then let see if we can have those who are confident and ready to complete...Team sgRunner (Mixed)...now with @Lady Ice and I in 10km... there are 2 slots for takers...anyone of Team sgRunner2020 wants to take one of the 2 slots...by Monday, if no takers, uncle will complete so that we want a Team Result for 42K against the World's Elites...and as uncle has said, we are top 100 because we ran our best, and we are United as One.

Team sgRunnersUnited... is meant to be...if more can participate, and if you want to do again...for the better time or longer distance...there are still Virtual Race (5 session) waiting for you.....this one will be set for next Thursday - Sunday...our sgRunners' version of Ekiden Marathon Challenge for "SCSM Grand Finale" 😀

Edited by kohpapa
4 hours ago, kohpapa said:

please complete the Virtual Race [Ekiden] for Team sgRunner2020 (Men's)...we're almost top 100...and may become top 50 if you also can Run SoH Fast...👌

i will try it out this Sunday.... if everything works well using my app with no issue and if really no one runs in the mixed category, then i am ok to join in the fun once again....

*fingers crossed* that my app is ok....

please let us know after monday evening, otherwise...uncle shall complete all available legs..and end Team sgRunner...with a Team's result..

Team sgRunner shall not be the official team, because when Team sgRunner2020 has any technical issues...we don't want anyone to wait...we just simply carry on...which is why....because of Covid-19, we have the technology that allows race to carry on, even without having actually to complete or even to form Full Team, and yet we can continue with another one...no DNF...no DNQ...shoik right? 

Team sgRunner, we commence today...in 1 hour...Uncle shall complete Leg 1 (5km)...all Team members shall be alerted on uncle's Activity Finished at Runkeeper, and the Next Segment Virtual Runner shall be alerted by the mobile...👌

congratulations @beast 👍

completed Leg 6 for Team sgRunner2020

results9dec3a9ff52a4ec1.jpg

we are in 68th position with 1 more Leg 4 - 10KM from AutumnRunner Virtual Race runner...

please @beast, Team sgRunner has a spot for you...please register....anytime...

uncle already started Leg 1 (5KM) .Team sgRunner..34:47...almost the same time as at Team sgRunner2020..

done.jpg

Edited by kohpapa
30 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

@kohpapahave you created a 3rd team?  😀 keeping us on our running toes? 😍🥳🤩

yes...this one is official Team sgRunnersUnited aka  Ekiden Marathon Challenge [SCSM Grand Finale]...we need [Team of 6].

Uncle already sent you invitation...

but show us first your 10K Ekiden Virtual Race prowess in Team sgRunner...anytime anyplace from now...

you better jiao yao, World of Elites are watching us...😄

Edited by kohpapa
6 hours ago, kohpapa said:

congratulations @beast 👍

completed Leg 6 for Team sgRunner2020

results9dec3a9ff52a4ec1.jpg

we are in 68th position with 1 more Leg 4 - 10KM from AutumnRunner Virtual Race runner...

please @beast, Team sgRunner has a spot for you...please register....anytime...

uncle already started Leg 1 (5KM) .Team sgRunner..34:47...almost the same time as at Team sgRunner2020..

done.jpg

Thanks @kohpapafor clarifying that my leg is done. When I completed it, it wasn't reflected under our team status as completed, even though the app recognizes me for finishing it. So I guess you did something on your side to reflect the completion. Now we await Autumn to finish it up on Sunday.

I have accepted your invite that you sent previously and I believe I am registered as running the last leg of TeamsgRunner. I will run this next Tuesday/Wednesday.

Edited by beast
1 hour ago, beast said:

Thanks @kohpapafor clarifying that my leg is done. When I completed it, it wasn't reflected under our team status as completed, even though the app recognizes me for finishing it. So I guess you did something on your side to reflect the completion. Now we await Autumn to finish it up on Sunday.

1 hour ago, beast said:

I have accepted your invite that you sent previously and I believe I am registered as running the last leg of TeamsgRunner. I will run this next Tuesday/Wednesday.

everything you do in activities such as your mobile  is synced and connected to Race Roster (remember your technical issues?)...Sports Heroes (SCSM Virtual Club) are reflected in Team Runkeeper...shared...

connected.jpg

and after the Ekiden race, please you can remove your privacy matters from all Friends

remove.jpg

so uncle also know that all this time, you are not connected to SCSM Virtual Club...

now that you are synced and connected to Sport Heroes...you can register for AR and VR...

of course, you can always check uncle's individual ranking...

chong.jpg

on sunday...with the STGR Marathon Virtual Race (15 Nov - 15 Dec)..uncle intend to do 1 session...so uncle follows Ekiden Format with 20 mins rest...10k-6k-6k-6k-10k-6k...about 44km...submission only by Strava App...

abuthen.. if uncle wants the data to reflect on Runkeeper...yes, I can export to Runkeeper...or I can run with Runkeeper App..concurrently...

and the Team members can also see uncle's attempt..

then let all see uncle's individual ranking chong to top 100 @ SCSM Virtual Club at Sport Heroes platform after that...😀

Lastly, as Captain and registration/creation of events, uncle also was informed...

@beast, you have joined member to Team sgRunner...

@Lady Ice, you have joined member to Team sgRunnersUnited...

Welcome to Technology...DIY, FOC, Code Only with Invitation, and uncles takes the role as Race sub-organizer on behalf of World Ekiden 2020 Race...so you see...@LadyIce , you can also create your own Teams and invite your Friends...and @Beast you are taking part in an international virtual race FOC...only thing is no medal, no tee, no bib, no cert, no e-badge...but results of your achievement...and enjoy great bonding and friendship as Teams...

so question...how much money did you spend on your virtual race?...zero for administration...but you spend time and money on your preparation for your virtual race...so what is the relevance of race organizers in Covid-19?  do we really need them as new norms?

actually uncle frank reply, "who really need race organizer and pay them $$$ after all these years...and get crappy support...hydration not enough...entitlements so lousy quality..."

btw, are you happy of uncle's service...especially technical support on that "apps issues"...you have never registered from your mobile...with Race Roster syncing with Runkeeper lah! 😄

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

hahaha - okay done - this time I take the first leg so my numbers are 1, 2, 3 😛 

uncle has noticed that the placement of Leg 1 (5km) runner is often the strongest and fastest...so you deserved to be in Leg 1...Team sgRunnersUnited

We have hoped to have Thurs-Sun next week to commence...so everyone will now...take a break...after recovery run with Team sgRunner....if no one takes up Leg 4 (5K) by Monday...uncle completes Team results by finishing Leg 4...

chongcad52fc7c31ba9f3.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

uncle has always motivated anyone here with more lobang, so that everyone who has followed uncle's wisdom and tips.. Join+ uncle for Virtual Challenges or Virtual Races...uncle is very happy...

so...let uncle recommend another lobang, FOC...unless you want to add-on...Buy medal lah..

just like this ASICS 2020 World Ekiden, you also have an ASICS IMOVEME Challange 2020..just need an app 42Race download...to register for the Virtual Challenge or Virtual Race...

details...shared...

42Race-Virtual-Races-page-001.jpg

42Race-Virtual-Races-page-002.jpg

42Race-Virtual-Races-page-003.jpg

Simply register...either from online, or better still from mobile phone...

https://web.42race.com/events

Just like this Run...you needed Runkeeper...abuthen...this one has Rules...familiar

Rule #1: Must Use Strava app...
Rule #2: Submit only with Strava app synced with 42Race platform...
Rule #3: Submit manually with Screenshots of Apps gps data, pics, and comments...

evidencee7bc9d0ebd716013.jpg

so you must download Strava app..

stravae77fa7357142a5a7.jpg

how do you sync "42Race Virtual Races" with "Strava app" ?...easy lah..just like Runkeeper way...at your 42Race app...menu..

freebe7c1df1dc00dfbb.jpg

once connected...

Record your Virtual Run with strava app...testing Run...

fun.jpg

if you decide do you want to add on to buy medal...you have a challenge...

medal7b8ae414bb193d22.jpg

so uncle pass this lobang to you...sebei shoik challenge from ASICS IMOVEME Challange 2020...to all here....

and uncle now still got time just simply IMOVEME from ASICS IMOVEME Challange 2020... to whatever mileage uncle can go till end of Dec...[250KM or 505KM]

tomorrow, Sunday (15Nov - 15Dec) 42KM STGR Marathon Virtual Race...they die die want only Strava app submission...uncle very happy...easily uncle can also qualify...add 42KM.. for ASICS IMOVEME Challange 2020 so easy...by end of December...still got time right?

uncle's sibei shoik challenge is exclusive only for sgRunners' Members and Guests only...who says you must always pay $$$ for race...when you are the one that is taking the challenge and DIY your personal hydration and nutrition...right?

Registration is FREE, no code is required...and there is no obligation to Add-on Purchase...

Tips.. while you are doing SCSM Virtual Race [Grand Finale] with Runkeeper  like [21KM + 10KM]...also Strava app for ASICS IMOVEME Challange 2020..concurrently...

Tips...hp battery will be very very siong... so uncle carry powerbank and hp in hydration bag...make sure fully charged...and remained charged...while taking 20-min break when uncle engaged in Marathon Virtual Race event....siong right...eat, drink and must make sure hp is charged...

well...statistcally... 2 out 3 Virtual Challenge or Virtual Race participants will drop out...DNF...

that's why during Covid-19...this is sibei shoik and shiong challenge...when all Real Run-in place Races are cancelled..DIY Real Race is Possible...

WeOnlyMoveUs...🙄

Edited by kohpapa

yo @starfinder, got your Leg 2 [5KM] done...for Team sgRunner...

just...marking out the route for 7.2KM route for Team sgRunnersUnited..Leg 6 [7.195KM]...

everyone in the Team should be able to see your achievement at Runkeeper.

PM to you to register for Team sgRunnersUnited...please consider 1 of the 2 [10KM] slots....

3 hours ago, kohpapa said:

yo @starfinder, got your Leg 2 [5KM] done...for Team sgRunner...

just...marking out the route for 7.2KM route for Team sgRunnersUnited..Leg 6 [7.195KM]...

everyone in the Team should be able to see your achievement at Runkeeper.

PM to you to register for Team sgRunnersUnited...please consider 1 of the 2 [10KM] slots....

Uncle, my timing for 10 km will be much slower as this year I focus on only short runs, though completing a 10 km is not an issue. Just hope my timing will not drag the team down.

I will leave the 10 km slots for other keen runners. If no one is taking up by Monday, I will take up one of the slots.

we now have 3 Teams...

Team sgRunner2020, Team sgRunner and Team sgRunnersUnited...

we hope all 3 can be in top 100...

so don't worry @starfinder... just attempt a 10KM...a challenge for you...and maybe @beast, challenge to take the other 10KM...an upgrade also from 7.195KM...

and again, the other 2 slots..by Thursday onwards...anyone wants to take extra...or if even @AutumnRunner wants to continue with us (there is no obligation...we are open to everyone...

surely @Lady Ice and I can always take 2 or even 3 slots leftover...

good early morning [SG Time]...Ekiden Marathon Virtual Run will end Nov 22...so let's us make use of the opportunity with the FREE digital platform of Ekiden [free by ASICS]...enjoy the flexibility of "Real Run" which is made Possible by Technology within Groups of Friends..even during Covid-19 when social distancing measures can be taken...remotely..independently..and challenges can also be taken...Longest Run....Fastest Run...in 2020....

On 11/14/2020 at 2:24 AM, kohpapa said:

uncle has noticed that the placement of Leg 1 (5km) runner is often the strongest and fastest...so you deserved to be in Leg 1...Team sgRunnersUnited

We have hoped to have Thurs-Sun next week to commence...so everyone will now...take a break...after recovery run with Team sgRunner....if no one takes up Leg 4 (5K) by Monday...uncle completes Team results by finishing Leg 4...

chongcad52fc7c31ba9f3.jpg

I can take Leg 4 if no one takes... so no need to one person take so many legs...