Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Ice

Covid 19 Challenges

1 hour ago, Lady Ice said:

- you can run with your own nutrition and as you know sg has plenty of places with water coolers and bathrooms.

Thank you for sharing the hints, totally agreed. So I need to make a good plan on the routing. 😊👍

1 hour ago, Lady Ice said:

Yes the water in the bathrooms is perfectly drinkable.

Yea, in a race of last year, the experience of a lot of runners has proved that... 💪🤣

5 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

@ZZIZZ - you can run with your own nutrition 

I’m usually self supported when I do my solo LSDs, so I can manage up to a marathon’s distance (ultras will need at least some form of support however, at least for me) . I can’t replenish at any public faucet like you guys do over there, but there are stores everywhere. 

I can also lug at least 2L in my hydration vest if I’m in the mood to shout:  “THIS... IS… SPARTAAAAA!😜 😜 😜 but I haven’t been that motivated lately. At least not since this pandemic broke out. 

Nothing beats the convenience of having a route clear of cars, and hydration at least every 5km (IAAF rules) in an actual organized race though, but these just won’t be possible for the time being so we’ll just have to be patient.

I look forward to the day when they find a vaccine to this plague… and we’ll all be partying, cheering and giving high fives after crossing the finish line once more. 😊

On 6/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, RaijinFJ said:

I look forward to the day when they find a vaccine to this plague… and we’ll all be partying, cheering and giving high fives after crossing the finish line once more. 😊

The time will come and it is getting nearer day by day.....