Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stalky79

Standard Chartered Marathon - Hong Kong 17th Feb 2019

28 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Really no luck with balloting

Thank you for applying for the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2019. Result of your application is as below:

Public Ballot Status: On Waiting List (Pending)

Result of the second-round ballot will be announced at 10:00am on 26 October 2018, Friday.Notification emails will be sent to you.

Still got chance. dun lose hope. I last time also kena this.

No news for me yet...

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Got the ballot. Mine is 635am start but i dunno want to do this race or not.

This is a hilly Course so loads of hilly runs is required.

From the FAQs: Is the Marathon course very hilly?
The elevation of the Marathon course ranges from 30 meters below sea level to 90 meters above sea level. The lowest point of the entire route will be located inside Western Harbour Tunnel and the highest point will be the Tsing Ma Bridge section.

It is not flat for sure but definitely won't be very hilly either. Form what I recall, the expressways are more of a gradual incline, don't think your "loads of hilly runs" is particularly correct.

And assuming you are aiming for PBs, why would you want to ballot in the first place?

6 minutes ago, beast said:

From the FAQs: Is the Marathon course very hilly?
The elevation of the Marathon course ranges from 30 meters below sea level to 90 meters above sea level. The lowest point of the entire route will be located inside Western Harbour Tunnel and the highest point will be the Tsing Ma Bridge section.

It is not flat for sure but definitely won't be very hilly either. Form what I recall, the expressways are more of a gradual incline, don't think your "loads of hilly runs" is particularly correct.

And assuming you are aiming for PBs, why would you want to ballot in the first place?

I went there once. So it's possible to pb down there if you know how to pace yourself.

Oh, my apologies..

On 10/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, yh90 said:

I went there once. So it's possible to pb down there if you know how to pace yourself.

Oh, my apologies..

still doesn't explain why you balloted when you still have doubts if you should go only....waste ballot slot?

On the waiting list, hoping I will not get it since I got Tokyo Marathon slot. 

It is not a flat course, quite a lot  major climb though gradual at those bridges and at Central area. But if you are used only to run in Singapore or hot climate, the cold weather in HK surely helps a lot to get PB. 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Upcoming Events

• Topics

• Yes, almost a break coming 2 months, Pre-SEA Games qualifying races officiating , ultra distances running and practices are really very long hours...and you know uncle is back when you start hearing uncle time to "howlian" some personal accomplishes... Team Performance... 10KM Team Relay vs Global Teams. Congratulations, Team sgRunners have maintained Top 10 out of 24 Teams who participated in the Relay 10KM Global Challenge.  We are Top in Asia and we are in sub4 hour. Well done and thank you. 👍
    • According to uncle-aka-"future-trend reader and fortune-reading teller"... Career and Wealth are stable, especially love in general, except special attention to be paid to health issues... OSIM...you mean this one... buying for SOH gf's mother on Mother's Day...thanks to mutual understanding due to crisis in March... and for SOH's mother on Mother's Day...enjoy a lot of tenderness and love.. of course, SOH needs one also for his active career lifestyle...as UA World Ambassador and get paid handsomely...  start from monthly installment SGD 99.. quite unlike his usual style...aiya...still got High Court pending case...WIN big means  1) Millions in Loss Income compensation for having to forfeit having to go previous SEA Games even if SOH has qualified, because of Ashley Liew's Court Case. Remember in previous post..credibility of a National Sports Association who supported Ashley... XXX - corrected... National Sports Authority who supported Ashley in the first place, "thoroughly investigated". 2) Ashley Liew appeal against Expert Witness (The Truth) and Expert Witness (Compensation for SOH's Loss of Income) and what if Ashley Liew LOST in both appeals. Kena pay big big, even a layman in non-Law also know, "Pay the Price for not keeping your mouth shut when you lose, tsk tsk tsk". 3) Expect "National Sports Authority" to issue a Press Statement... S****  SOH 4) SOH vs "National Sports Authority" next saga...why you reject my application to go to SEA Games ah? Mere speculations on the future outcome...eat 🍿....zzzz and dream on 🍿...because the TRUTH hurts.  
    • uncle can, and was thinking about forming a team as Team Captain, but, uncle thinks there is none here...😲 in March April  Just completed a virtual full marathon distance... going for next one this weekend... shall be starting Virtual FM from May 8-30... BTW, this Virtual Race is FOC to sign-up, and can win prizes with lucky draw.. https://www.sunshinecoastmarathon.com.au/atlas-events-virtual-series    
    • the distance looks quite scary... 1680km for the minimum Bronze standard.. If we can get 10 members, each member have to run 168km in a month meaning around 42km per week.... not impossible.. just that need to find at leas 10 members who will commit to a 42km per week running schedule.... 
    • I noticed even his recent facebook post on the OSIM chair that he had seemed to be quite unlike his usual style...