Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ayukawa22

Stand Chart KL Marathon 7 Aug 2016

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, tsyip said:

Dear All FM participants,

Don't forget to collect the wristband at 31km mark as mentioned in Guide Book (Page 18).

"Please make sure to collect the Standard Chartered KL Marathon
2016 wristband at the 31km mark. Runners without the wristband will
not be able entitled for the Full Marathon finisher’s Tee & Medal."

this is interesting way to denote that the runner has complete the entire FM route....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2016 at 3:26 PM, AutumnRunner said:

this is interesting way to denote that the runner has complete the entire FM route....

Interesting but not necessary effective? Rats can still short cut to the 31km and take the band then shortcut to finish line.

If they don't announce which part of the race will they give out the wristband, it may be a better way to weed out the rats.

But there is always a way to cheat.....no matter how good the system is..... again it is up to the individual....

Congrats to all finishers nonetheless :goodjob:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beast said:

Interesting but not necessary effective? Rats can still short cut to the 31km and take the band then shortcut to finish line.

If they don't announce which part of the race will they give out the wristband, it may be a better way to weed out the rats.

But there is always a way to cheat.....no matter how good the system is..... again it is up to the individual....

Congrats to all finishers nonetheless :goodjob:

I believe if they set the distance of 31km to receive the wristband, it must be that the 31km point is at some ulu or u-turn point where a runner still have to run back 10km if he were to go there to pick out the band....

And true as what Beast had said, a rat would find its way out....

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I believe if they set the distance of 31km to receive the wristband, it must be that the 31km point is at some ulu or u-turn point where a runner still have to run back 10km if he were to go there to pick out the band....

And true as what Beast had said, a rat would find its way out....

If you want to complain about everything , then there will be no end.

But if we are trying to compare and find ways to improve , then we should give SCKLM credit for implementing such measures as it is definitely a step better than what SCMS is doing. Causes SCMS is doing Nothing for the masses.

SCMS All its gimmicks are for the selected few only. Elites, lucky ones, popular people N so on.

The rest 99% end up paying for this 1%.

SCKLM gave out more gels, bananas and sponges then indicated, which benefited the masses greatly during the race. With also a much more pleasant racing experience due to the fact of less squeezing of runners. They achieved this by reducing the price, cutting the cut off time and number of rats .

Well Done SCKLM !!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sivakumar said:

SCKLM gave out more gels, bananas and sponges then indicated, which benefited the masses greatly during the race. With also a much more pleasant racing experience due to the fact of less squeezing of runners. They achieved this by reducing the price, cutting the cut off time and number of rats .

Well Done SCKLM !!!

 

This sounds good. ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, yh90 said:

It was a nice experience.First time one run event play national anthem. Super Hilly but finally did a 3:55 for fm.

Congrats YH..... that's a very good timing given the kind of hilly terrain...... well done and you deserve a good rest.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




  • Upcoming Events

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • uncle happened to come across this event...150KM or if closer to 160KM (100 miles)...     open till end of 2021...😄 same theme with Round Singapore or Around Singapore or Singapore Round Island.. As long as this is Virtual, Anytime Anyplace, realistically, can you even cover 10KM Challenge or more per day? uncle can. 50KM/160KM is 100 Miles, can you cover in 2 weeks? uncle can. 500KM, can you cover in 2 months? uncle can cover in 1 month. 2,021KM in 1 year? uncle can cover 6,000KM in 1 year. This is just Quantity in Distance Challenge lah...simply if you are registered in SCSM Virtual Club, simply participate in these weekly challenges and virtual races for free, you are motivated to be in the Leaderboard Ranking for free. like what uncle did in April with other 10K VR members who started to accummulate their distances and points...till the last day of the month.. Whether Team Challenge for 100 members or more to do 1680KM...you just need 3 Koh Papa <FOC> to achieve and accomplish...Bronze level. Aiya, uncle already rewarded self with this one... because this is achievable in 2021...and wish there was a Medal for 7,000KM. Now that will be a Real Challenge for uncle. That Challenge will be good enough for GOLD level for this event, right? 🤣
    • @sandy620, message uncle if you are interested, we can talk freely there, for sure, uncle is interested to form a team...for 300 members...do you really need so many? more like for good enough to gather school kids since school holidays are coming... Sad to say, here we have a lots of event thread starters, race recommendations, race reviewers (past and present) not much of participants in running except uncle and a few runners who can do beyond 16km...because of Covid-19, all races are cancelled, so motivation is curbed, and outdoor activities are "not as active as before". maybe you and uncle can do 1680KM... already uncle said monthly 700km, and how many then can you contribute as the other member?..maybe we need only 4-5 members. btw, local virtual races/challenges do not have really appealing to uncle, like sponsor is who? Local fee in SGD price, uncle could look overseas races for more affordable value.. like...for $30++....NB running tee (black), NB finisher tee (white), participant's medallion, a poncho... just need for 42KM... Seoul Marathon 2021...so cool...no idea what is offered for round Singapore one...uncle got high expectation one..😄 uncle is currently exploring Sao Paulo, Brazil...will let all know next time... As uncle has said, PM uncle on your interest...uncle does not talk much, just execute and show results...completes and finishes... 😄
    • ahhhh so busy schedule... was initially thinking that maybe we can form a team *opss* HAHAHAH to join the round Singapore one hehehehehe
    • Yeappp HAHAHAH self challenge!! But we can get more than 10 members if we want... saw most of the teams from this event, some of them got more than 100 members!
×
×
  • Create New...