Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Upcoming Events

• Topics

• We shall be ending in 3 days... having committed to 700km... Just sharing on the perspective as an ultra runner and how "monthly mileage" helps...LACTOSE THRESHOLD...         LACTOSE THRESHOLD is not about "being how lian" or "being smug about leaderboard"...it is about staying discipline, be consistent in daily mileage according to Target mileage [weekly/monthly], lots of patience with proper REST and RECOVERY, and must be at a perpetual state of "injury-free" status at all times... Giving up...Fatigue, Pain and Hurts are always there...Weather Condition...Day/Night...Career Commitment...when there is a better priority in life, then why commit to LT? Another Life-Time experience for uncle while we enter into "Covid-19" Endemic - Covid-19 regularly found among particular people or in a certain area - from June 21, 2021. Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay LT (Long Term) in Runs...😄      
    • Singapore Athletics nominates Soh Rui Yong for 2021 SEA Games. Will he get to go? https://themonitor.sg/2021/06/14/singapore-athletics-nominates-soh-rui-yong-for-2021-sea-games-will-he-get-to-go/ Reality check: However, whether he gets the nod to travel and represent Singapore would still be reliant on the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC ) selectors, and if the SEA Games takes place at all. Said Soh, “I started training for the 1500m this year for the first time in eight years because we haven’t been able to travel for marathons since last year, and we haven’t had any marathons held locally. 
    • 1. Visit Lady Ice in London and run the London Marathon there. 2. Hold on to it and try to get a slot for a physical run somewhere that Aegean Airlines would fly to before May next year. Is there a Aegean Airline office here in Singapore to redeem your free ticket?
    • 1. I think it would look good on SNOC if they decide to show graciousness and put the past behind them - SRY already did anyway, and made amends with the new SA committee. There isn't any negative news surrounding SRY for the past 2 years too, as he seems like he stopped competitive running for a while. I don't see any reason not to accept the nomination based on merit. That said, I am slightly disappointed that he is not going for a marathon anymore. He was sort of a motivational figure to me and inspire to go for more marathons when he was the SEA games champions in 2015 and 2017. 2. I believe the eventual consensus would be to agree to let Vietnam postpone the game to next year, when the Covid situation should be more or less stabilized already after most of us are vaccinated. Like the Olympics or Euro cup, not likely that these sports events get cancelled. But I am a little amused that Singapore actually step forward to volunteer to host the game if Vietnam is unable to, always the "ostentatious" image that our government wants to portray to our neighbours...