Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

I must say the race results and photos are out really quickly this year. Same evening as the race. Good job!

Also thanks to all the volunteer photographers like pixelated and running shots. Thank you for being there despite the heat.

Hi!! Did u check yr timing fm marathon photos? Do u realized that the gun time n net time are the same? Is this normal? Thanks..

They've changed it. Last night gun time and net time were different, today they are same, they have increased net time to be the same as gun time, which sucks. They must have done this for everyone though because all my positions for overall/gender/division are the same as yesterday.

Still no personal videos :(

I must say the race results and photos are out really quickly this year. Same evening as the race. Good job!

Also thanks to all the volunteer photographers like pixelated and running shots. Thank you for being there despite the heat.

Hi!! Did u check yr timing fm marathon photos? Do u realized that the gun time n net time are the same? Is this normal? Thanks..

They've changed it. Last night gun time and net time were different, today they are same, they have increased net time to be the same as gun time, which sucks. They must have done this for everyone though because all my positions for overall/gender/division are the same as yesterday.

Feel so cheated with the gun and net time... so sad...

Feel so cheated with the gun and net time... so sad...

the marathon singapore website is still showing the official time and the net time..

Keep checking the marathon photos website, they are adding more photos everytime i checked. Last i checked was 25 photos, now 28, they really made the effort to station their guys all over the place and under the hot sun this year, quite a good effort.

I can see that one of the package includes the video but I dunno how to preview it.

Keep checking the marathon photos website, they are adding more photos everytime i checked. Last i checked was 25 photos, now 28, they really made the effort to station their guys all over the place and under the hot sun this year, quite a good effort.

I can see that one of the package includes the video but I dunno how to preview it.

my guess is they are still processing it.. normally once you entered your bib no., they will show u all the photos, and the videos will be shown below the photos..

Is this timing possible ? This runner ran ahead of 4:00 hours pacers and still got a valid ranking !

attachicon.gifscms-2014-time.jpg

Is this timing possible ? This runner ran ahead of 4:00 hours pacers and still got a valid ranking !

For my split time, it includes 20km 21.1km and 25km so probably he skipped the U turn point in ECP? Can also see that his ranking went up a lot cos he turned back early..

This is a case of very blatant cheating (doing a 25km from the 10 to 35km checkpoint in 1:19:32 denotes a 3:11/km pace, which puts him at Olympic athlete level), not that it matters since this person is only deceiving him or herself :lol:

For my split time, it includes 20km 21.1km and 25km so probably he skipped the U turn point in ECP? Can also see that his ranking went up a lot cos he turned back early..

This is a case of very blatant cheating (doing a 25km from the 10 to 35km checkpoint in 1:19:32 denotes a 3:11/km pace, which puts him at Olympic athlete level), not that it matters since this person is only deceiving him or herself :lol:

U turn at ECP got not time check mat. The runner must had heard word from runner in the opposite direction and make a direct run across. So important point why they don't put a check point ?

haha judging on the runner's pace and time of average 1hr per 5km,no way he can get such net time especially running 35 km in less than 3hr 10 mins....

well its his/her own race, so be it.

haha judging on the runner's pace and time of average 1hr per 5km,no way he can get such net time especially running 35 km in less than 3hr 10 mins....

So long that this guy is not among the TOP 10 local runners...no winning money involved...

Nobody will bother...

So long that this guy is not among the TOP 10 local runners...no winning money involved...

Nobody will bother...

Nobody will bother...

There are so many timing mats between 10km and 35km lor.

Most likely is they'll already give up after 10km, so just cut the suffering by cutting short the race.

timing mats are 5km in intervals.. so he skipped 15, 20, 21.1, 25 and 30km mats.. he must have either gone to the toilet at B1 and straight u turn or run straight and didnt turn into ECPark..

There are so many timing mats between 10km and 35km lor.

Most likely is they'll already give up after 10km, so just cut the suffering by cutting short the race.

timing mats are 5km in intervals.. so he skipped 15, 20, 21.1, 25 and 30km mats.. he must have either gone to the toilet at B1 and straight u turn or run straight and didnt turn into ECPark..

I saw many possible cheats too. They were hardly sweating even at the golf course area.

There's the rat LOL. How did u spot this bib number?

While browsing the photos, I spotted quite a number of Red BIB runners just ahead of the 4:00 hours pacers so just curious and checked one of the BIB ...

This is up to the individual runner to complete the whole race or not !

The race results ranking should exclude those runners with two or more missing check points timing !

Having watched the replay of the SCMS on Super Sports Arena, I think the male 2nd and 3rd kenyan runners were led to the wrong route near the finish. Along Republic Avenue, they were supposed to go straight. Instead, they ran into the F1pit area. This is a bigger loop. As a result, they both got overtaken for their positions.

I am also disappointed that our local runners were not featured at all during the broadcast. Its bad enough they hardly had significant footage of the female elite runners. But how do Sports Singapore expect to motivate Singaporeans to take up running when they don't even feature the likes of Mok Yin Ren and Rachel See.

They did however, feature Uncle Chan,the 84 years old marathoner. What an inspiration. They didn't wait for him to finish though.