Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

My Suunto recorded 42.85km...

I did my FM at 4:18. Could have been faster if not because of all those HM runners having no etiquette, strolling all over the place and not keeping left in the last 2.5 km. Groups strolling in abreast manner, couples holding hands walking at the right side of the overtaking paths, walkers simply disregarding all those running over them. Even straying and WALKING and BLOCKING in the finishing lane at Padang dedicated for FM finishers. When you yelled keep left etc, they behaved like zombies.

wow that was fast…..

My Polar M400 recorded 43 km :(

42.8km on my Garmin.

Ok ok, sorry to all the HM runners, so my mistake ! Thousand apologies. I was very frustrated !

Understand your frustration. There were lots of 10k runners happily walking blocking other 10k runner paths who are seriously runnjng this race. If only volunteers stationed along the route can blow whistle at these inconsiderate people to keep to the left. Wonder what's goin through these people's minds. Join to run or walk . If want to walk, pls go to park to walk Lah

I did my FM at 4:18. Could have been faster if not because of all those HM runners having no etiquette, strolling all over the place and not keeping left in the last 2.5 km. Groups strolling in abreast manner, couples holding hands walking at the right side of the overtaking paths, walkers simply disregarding all those running over them. Even straying and WALKING and BLOCKING in the finishing lane at Padang dedicated for FM finishers. When you yelled keep left etc, they behaved like zombies.

By the time u reach the convergent point, these 10km runner would have walk more than 1 hr already. Rather than shouting at them, i usually push my way thru.

HM route is ridiculous, obviously organiser planned it for selfish commercial reason. I lost count on how many slopes we have to run up and down.

Also 100plus most be expensive nowadays, they are only available from the 10km water points onwards.

The weather inside Sentosa is very nice lah. No need 100 plus.

Dun rely on Singapore organisers. This is one thing I learn from sundown and standchart. Always prepare your own supply of energy gel and muscle rub

Some ppl must understand that food is also part of race plan.

By the time u reach the convergent point, these 10km runner would have walk more than 1 hr already. Rather than shouting at them, i usually push my way thru.

HM route is ridiculous, obviously organiser planned it for selfish commercial reason. I lost count on how many slopes we have to run up and down.

Also 100plus most be expensive nowadays, they are only available from the 10km water points onwards.

The weather inside Sentosa is very nice lah. No need 100 plus.

Dun rely on Singapore organisers. This is one thing I learn from sundown and standchart. Always prepare your own supply of energy gel and muscle rub

Some ppl must understand that food is also part of race plan.

i agree with this… even though i just started running at event this year… normally i would bring my own drinks but after 2-3 runs i start to bring my own snicker bars and my own muscle rub (percutane)… cos i'm slow and by the time i reach water point most of the time things are gone…. so learn the hard way and prep my own if the station have it's a bonus to me lo...

My Suunto recorded 42.85km...

wow that was fast…..

My Polar M400 recorded 43 km :(

42.8km on my Garmin.

42.94km on my Garmin.

42.88 km on my Garmin....

It's literally bo jio (no bananas) along the route...and who will take gel at last 7 km??

At finish line, not even a Nature Valley bar??

Still don't understand why 10km runners still want to walk during the last 200 m stretch or even hold hands blocking the way?!!

Should have each lane for each distance...

42.88 km on my Garmin....

It's literally bo jio (no bananas) along the route...and who will take gel at last 7 km??

At finish line, not even a Nature Valley bar??

Still don't understand why 10km runners still want to walk during the last 200 m stretch or even hold hands blocking the way?!!

Should have each lane for each distance...

Now that you mentioned, last year someone gave me a Nature Valley bar even though I also came back quite late. This year really just 100 plus and bottled water.

Some people not into much running but just sign up to experience Standard Chartered Marathon.. probably by last 200m they also cant run, speaking from my own experience more than 10 years ago. But they really should not block the way.

From all the post-race posts so far, I dare say I'm probably one of the last of sgrunners to finish the FM.

When I run at Sundown FM this yr, I thought I can't possible experience another more torturous and agonising race, I was wrong. I finish around 12+ for an unoffical time of 7hr 14 mins. So you guys can imagine what sort of race I have. But its an interesting experience. And I want to come back tomorrow to give a more detailed write-ups. Too tired now.

Main Statistics About Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2013. 7,000 Volunteers. 11,520 Bananas Consumed (this year zero !).

My energy management has been screwed up badly for the first time after a decade of running !

I planed my energy replenishment according to the FM course map, I brought along 2 gels (one consumed at 10 km and the other at 18 km) and expected to get one gel at around 23 km, one banana at 30 km and one more gel at 36 km. I felt very hungry and my energy level is low and luckily got one piece of Middle East date from one Samaritan lady at 30 km.

Not sure any runners collapsed due to low blood sugar in today's event !

If the organizer can not deliver then don't put the gel and banana icons at the route map and most runners will bring enough gels for themselves.

The bottom line, SCMS should renounced the international event organizer Spectrum as what OCBC Cyclist Unite did for next year event !

The sport council should give more chances to local caliber event organizers. This "outsider" Spectrum is to make as much profits as possible that willing to sacrifice the basic runners welfare.

Probably remove the bridge sector.

used to have that upslope of ECP too in the past. But they removed it for the HM category. . Thankfully...

And FM , they didn't...

And this HM is the brutal one than any other HM ..

yea. tht slope. i rmbr. but this year they compensated tht with a longer distance on AYE

Wow. I'm so exhausted tonight, after this morning's run.

As a whole, it was definitely a very tough 42km race, no thanks to the searing heat, that hit me as soon as I left East Coast Park. Was really struggling all the way after that. But I have to say thanks to the Coke station again. A very welcome sight indeed.

It may not have been my best timing for a full marathon, but as they say, as long as you cross the finish line, regardless of timing, you are already a winner. :D

URL for my blog race review on SCMS 2014 is below.

Link: http://www.prischew.com/running/race-review-scms-2014/

Wow. I'm so exhausted tonight, after this morning's run.

As a whole, it was definitely a very tough 42km race, no thanks to the searing heat, that hit me as soon as I left East Coast Park. Was really struggling all the way after that. But I have to say thanks to the Coke station again. A very welcome sight indeed.

It may not have been my best timing for a full marathon, but as they say, as long as you cross the finish line, regardless of timing, you are already a winner. :D

URL for my blog race review on SCMS 2014 is below.

Link: http://www.prischew.com/running/race-review-scms-2014/

Nice read... Looks like everyone was very affected by the heat this morning.. my post also mention about this portion...