Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

All the best to all runners tomorrow! May the weather be in your favor!

Will be supporting u guys in front of the tv at home. :)

Thank!

Wish to all the runners have a smooth and SAFE run to the finishing line ! Timing/ medal / finisher tee is nothing compared to complete the race safety ! Listen to ur body

Rest well and hydrate.... I will love to have rainy run though.. :P

Finally the excitement level is up ??

Hoping for a good race tomorrow with my personal targets achieved!!!

And wishing all runners a safe and satisfying race!!

Don't forget to flash your biggest smile when you cross that finishing line!!! ???

Finally the excitement level is up

Hoping for a good race tomorrow with my personal targets achieved!!!

And wishing all runners a safe and satisfying race!!

Don't forget to flash your biggest smile when you cross that finishing line!!!

Agree that flashing a big smile is important as you cross the finishing line especially when marathonphoto will surely be taking photo and trying to sell them to you.

But also must remember to keep your head up. Dun be a kuku like me dun know why last yr I think too (s)exicted to finish my first FM, I lowered my head at the last moment, so all the photos can't see my face clearly. :growl:

Also try to keep a gap to the person in front and to the back of you when you crossed the line. If too many people crossed the line within a short period, you may end up with no photo too or not a good shot. This happened to many of my friends last yr.

In less than 12 hours, most of you will be at the starting line for the Standard Chartered Marathon. Here at Running Guild, we wish you a safe journey through your race (10, 21 or 42km), a strong finish with a smile for your photo, a rapid recovery to resume your training & a good appetite for the festive eating ahead.

& here's our last article on how to go about having a recovery plan post-race. Read it HERE.

Dream, Believe, Achieve.

Some tots and observations before the race:

1) talked to pacers, they will do even pacing, so going to be a tough 4/5km towards the end for those following pacers.

2) design of the pace band is a bit strange, timing of the first few km will be invisible if use the self adhesive.

3) no finisher tee size on the bib, guess some sizes will run out fast

4) locations of water points are inconsistent between those on the race route on website and those on the apps, will bring my own water bottle and gels anyway

5) no lit on the stretch beside the lagoon when I test ran last Sunday, should be bright enough when average runners reach there

On the FM route map, there's no indication of drink station between 10.5 and 16km. I believe something was wrong to the map and not really 5km+ without water.

Anyone has other map version?

On the FM route map, there's no indication of drink station between 10.5 and 16km. I believe something was wrong to the map and not really 5km+ without water.

Anyone has other map version?

Wah.. nice catch. There should be one water pt in between. My guess would be along Tanjong Rhu just after the bridge across Geyland River.

Or it could really be the case cos the the distance on the map isn't very accurate. I try plotting the race course and it was way out after Sports hub. From Sports Hub to East coast park based on the route is about 3K and not 5K as indicated on the race map.

Its too bad that here.net is not sponsoring this yr race. At least last yr we got quite an accurate race course based on proper map rather than a illustration.

Long queue now...

REPC?? Strange that people will really wait until day before the race to collect. Cant be all overseas participant rt?

Anyway, just for fun, I wondered how many marriage proposals we will see tomorrow? :spiteful: Seems like the 'IN' thing to do nowadays - proposing at races. :devil:

Actually there are really a lot of overseas participants....many with luggage. .. some brought passports and the registration doc... waited like 15mins....

Ya, the 2 young girl in front of me speak Hokkien. I think they are from Malaysia, Penang but they look like local. Cannot be Singaporean , right? :shok:

Last night, the Emperor of Distance Running, Haile Gebrelassie, ran together with the official pacers of SCMS, who are from Running Department. The run took place at the Marina Bay area and it was a very scenic run around the city centre.

Did the pacers manage to keep up with Haile, throughout this 3km fun run with the superstar? Or did he surge ahead of them?

my blog post on this is up. Check it out below. :)

Link: http://www.prischew.com/running/scms-haile-gebrselassie-and-pacers/

I picked up my race pack on Thursday afternoon around 3:30PM, no queue at all. It really sucks though how those of us not in the east have to travel all the way there and back just to pick up a bib and singlet. Cost me $40 in cabs! A couple of years ago I recall they had the REPC at the MB floating platform, which was a central and fair location. If they must insist on having it all the way out near the airport then they should offer a postage service where they can mail out the bib and singlet, I'm sure it would be cheaper and more efficient than having to get transport out to Expo and back.

It would also be good if their route maps provided the actual roads and elevations to give an indication of where the uphills and downhills are. The official route maps they have look like they were done by pre-school kids during fingerpainting class, not very helpful.

Does anyone know if they will be streaming the race live on the SCMS youtube page as per the previous years? The website says it will be broadcast on StarHub Super Sports Arena, so for of us who don't have StarHub, I hope they will be streaming it on the youtube site.

I picked up my race pack on Thursday afternoon around 3:30PM, no queue at all. It really sucks though how those of us not in the east have to travel all the way there and back just to pick up a bib and singlet. Cost me $40 in cabs! A couple of years ago I recall they had the REPC at the MB floating platform, which was a central and fair location. If they must insist on having it all the way out near the airport then they should offer a postage service where they can mail out the bib and singlet, I'm sure it would be cheaper and more efficient than having to get transport out to Expo and back.

It would also be good if their route maps provided the actual roads and elevations to give an indication of where the uphills and downhills are. The official route maps they have look like they were done by pre-school kids during fingerpainting class, not very helpful.

Does anyone know if they will be streaming the race live on the SCMS youtube page as per the previous years? The website says it will be broadcast on StarHub Super Sports Arena, so for of us who don't have StarHub, I hope they will be streaming it on the youtube site.

For your info, Starhub super sport Arena is a free channel. If you do not have Starhub but TV connect to cable antenna, you can tune in the channel . I am not Starhub promoter.