Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kohpapa

Singapore International Triathlon 2013

aiya.. ah noob ie runner.. you here.. so.. Bintain Triathlon fees like what?.. uncle got also.. let all here see and compare apple vs orange..lah.. and please.. before open mouth big big.. wash with petrol/oil tasting seawater..

gx4w.jpg

aiya.. ah noob ie runner.. you here.. so.. Bintain Triathlon fees like what?.. uncle got also.. let all here see and compare apple vs orange..lah.. and please.. before open mouth big big.. wash with petrol/oil tasting seawater..

gx4w.jpg

wash many many already with petrol/oil tasting seawater during sea swim races at east coast so moi know what moi is talking. :thumbsu:

Can even compare with sea water of East Coast with other places in other countries :rofl:

Moi said start to match and on upz and upz. One day surely match with Bintan Tri.

Can post price list of last year's Singapore Tri Uncle so we can compare apple to apple instead?

aiya.. some want the familiarity of ECP open water, safety of bike and run tracks of local races.. and so.. if want to compare.. race like Tri-factor Triathlon @ ECP, some more same same..apple vs apple..

so..now, everyone if knows.. last year price..with this year's inflation..sure upz! upz! upz!..acceptable..no need to know too much..that's not apple vs apple?

but, since you start big bang with Bintan Biathlon 2013 (Overseas).. so let uncle compare apple (local) vs orange (overseas).. so at least, everyone here.. no mix-up what you say mah?.."start to match and on upz and upz. One day surely match with Bintan Tri. ".. got meh?

6xrm.jpg

theme: aspires to encourage the community and families to live better through sports.

objectives: caters to the whole community, offering a wide spectrum of race categories and distances to cater to individuals and teams with different proficiencies and targets. The aim is to encourage everybody to try – whether you are a seasoned triathlete or simply want to enjoy family bonding through sports and exercise.

info: http://www.triathlonsingapore.org/Events/Singapore_International_Triathlon_2013.htm

"2013 ITU Triathlon Asian Cup: As part of the 2013 ITU Triathlon Asian Cup Series, the Cold Storage Singapore International Triathlon will see world class athletes from Singapore and the region competing in the Elite and Junior Elite Categories...National Triathlon Championships: Mingle with the best age-groupers in Singapore, in the Junior Sprint Category (16 to 19 Years) or the Standard Category (18 years and above)...Tri-Club Challenge: Open for all Schools, Clubs, Corporate Companies, Statutory Boards etc....Family Relay Challenge: Train together as a family and participate"

look forward to your participation.. thank you.

NoobieRunner.. goodie morning..

Singapore Aquathlon event organiser is Metasports.. and the Finisher medal by ELM .. is right..

but, this event organiser is TAS.. and like previous OSIM..and starting from Cold Storage of last year which was only 1-day affair without the day 2 ITU-competitive Elites one.. and the Finisher medal..also ELM..uncle's one

2qxu.jpg

yes, uncle shall be involved in the 2-day Race Official..and yes.. some ITU-ASTU (ASTC - Asian Triathlon Confederation) Officials shall be present as observers and officiate also.. and yes, all will see ITU-sanctioned Competition of the Elites..missing in 2012.. after OSIM having served 10-year sponsorship..decided to quit..and hence..Cold Storage took over.. last-minute in 2012..was the reason..for the 1-day event..

Kam-sia.. appreciated.. NoobieRunner.. uncle's ah noob ie Runner.. always gives uncle challenge one.. always uncle's good tri bro.. did well for scsm 2013 (marathon) sharing and contribution.. on IAAF rules on Gold Medal Label certification... on anything running affairs...especially in the Affairs of Medals..Minister of Medals..here at sgRunners..#1 one :turned:

race date is 28-29 Sept to be confirmed.. with registration @3pm.. today

yap.. bro jerrylam got to make up for the cancelled date of KL SC Marathon because of haze..rescheduled to 29 sept..and shall miss this one also..

Uncle, is that your bike??? Sibey swee lehhh :dribble:

Bro RussYee, the dates are confirmed on 28-29 Sep. And just like you, i'm giving this a miss with a heavy heart because it clashes with the postponed KL Marathon :sorry: .

thanks delldell314 for that inspiring one.. want to check out uncle's black beauty...swee boh?

n1tf.jpg

thanks delldell314 for that inspiring one.. want to check out uncle's black beauty...swee boh?

n1tf.jpg

Nice bike there. I trust most of us will agree that there are just too many things to discuss and debate about the bike, so it is OK as long as one is happy with what he/she doing.

By the way, I like to know the front LED light, is it from Knog? I'm looking for a replacement.

What kind of pedal are those? Bottom picture looks platform to me and the pedal in the (middle) crank image is a different pedal...right?

yap.. platform pedal changed to Eggbeaters by Crank Brothers..yes, "pedal in the (middle) crank image is a different pedal...right?"..pic not updated..yes.. Eggbeaters pedal is definitely..very light..

this unique design means you can lock your foot into the pedal from any side, simply by pressing down on the spring, rather than having to kick at the pedal to get it lined up right or press down hard on it and hope that the pedal is in the right position when you're ready to engage (you know shimano, keo and others)..so .exit the Eggbeaters by twisting your heel out to the side, which pops the cleat out..with both 6 degrees of float for flexibilty, plus two sets of cleats (the little metal plates that you install in your shoes to attach them to the pedals) that provide either a 15 degree or 20 degree angle of swing when you move your heel to the outside to pop out..cool right..

and crank..High Modulus C7 Carbon compact crankset (50x34) with external bearings.. just for kick..if asked further..

Knog..light better..the replacement..go ahead..

happy.."it is OK as long as one is happy with what he/she doing."..uncle got this lobang on "loan and well taken care of".. by a bro who overseas most of the time..and now on vacation with family..and wish..shi.. this kind bro missing home no more come back..just called up, ask bro, miss family more or bike here more, bro said miss bike here more.. and uncle must "inherit" this black beauty..by proxy in possession having taking good care and maintenance..keep fingers cross.. for something FREE.. must be always be patient...wishing..good bro no come back.. forever.. :angel:

Swim Trials : Compulsory for all participants who are first timers in open water swimming competition. (For relay category, only applicable to swimmers)

Programme: Includes one (1) trial in a swimming pool & one (1) trial in Open Water.

Cost: Combined Pool and Open Water Trial per person - $28 + GST

Pool Trial Cut off time: Kids 100m (within 5 mins), Kids 200m (within 8 minutes), Mini 200m (within 8 minutes), Sprint 750m (within 25 minutes), Standard 1500m (within 55 minutes)

ztu.jpg

Training Clinics: For beginners, novice to intermediate and advanced. Participants will be allocated to groups corresponding to their abilities and fitness levels.

Programme: Five (5) Clinic Sessions available - Two (2) Open water swims, One (1) Cycle, Two (2) Triathlon practice.

Cost: $20 + GST per session

pa9t.jpg

delldell314.. this is sgRunners forum..not TriFam forum..uncle just do Tri awareness for grassroots level participants..

and besides.. uncle is also active and Road Race IAAF Official there at SCMS 2013..so if there is nothing here.. go over to SCMS..uncle and the rest having a great time..sharing and contributing..

yes.. bro jerrylam..RussYee..all not attending this one.. with reasons..may go for Tri-factor Triathlon.. you going for that Tri-factor one also?..if no, uncle will be there as usual.. to share lame story after the event..so nobody misses anything..local multi-event sports for 2013..shall be completed with the Singapore Duathlon 2013 @ECP E2 on Oct 26..

ya. I participated all the local triathlon in this year... But assuming if IM70.3 Sg happen... i won't be prepare enough for it... I hope my 1st 70.3 will happen at 2014.. most likely MetaMan bintan.. if there is no 70.3 at Sg...

Trifam forum still need admin to grant permission... till nnow no permissioon granted... anyway i still feel "at home" at sgrunner..

Not interested on multisport event if there isn't any open water swimming... i think run/bike/run don't worth my effort and resource to go all way there to do it... i can train such at my neigbourhood.

DD314,

I wanted to do MetaMan this year but it clashes with my River Jungle marathon.

Think no 70.3 distance in Singapore this year and Bintan island is the closest.

Can see your determination when you changed your avatar to IM 70.3 :) Let's work towards that goal! Me too! One day I hope to see you change again to 140.6.

Cannot join this SG Tri because I will be overseas so I wish you the best.

Will also jeopardize my TNF race too...if I don't fly home early enough :( Sianz.

Anyway all the best to those doing this SG Tri!!

can check out with BigMouth, now in training for MetaMan Bintan.. still not too late.. 31 August.. and there is a 2-Day Triathlon Training Camp, (Fri 26) Sat 27 & Sun 28 July 2013 and this is a MetaSports event forum thread.. http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18962

as usual uncle provides info.. 2013 MetaMan Bintan..

k4tj.jpg

and the Race Course..

map.jpg

"Bike Course (Blitz distance = 1 out & back of 55km / Half iron distance = 1 loop of 90km / Full iron distance = 2 loops of 90km)"..note: MetaMan Blitz is Swim 1.2km / Bike 55km / Run 7km (almost like Standard race), MetaMan Half is Swim 1.9km / Bike 90km / Run 21.1km (70.3 Ironman), MetaMan Full is Swim 3.8km / Bike 180km / Run 42.2km (Full Ironman)... of course, this is not sanctioned by WTC with IRONMAN®, IRONMAN TRIATHLON®

2013-06-20_0852061.jpg

as for "IM70.3 Sg happen".. if like last time.. Aviva.. early April..should have found sponsor..and 1yr ahead booking already.. now.. NO NEWS..so, can give up loh..and then..fee in 2012 IM70.3 Sg..SGD 395 (2-day, inclusive of carbo-loading)..which is HALF Iron Distance Triathlon..

hellhole.. while recovery..and still ready for Oct.. uncle updates..

coming in end of September / October schedule..most of the mega ones are sandwiched in this one..

29th September.. Standard Chartered KL Marathon (cancel and postpone because of haze)
4th-5th October.. The North Face 100 2013
6th October.. Tri-Factor Run 2013 (cancel and postpone because of haze)
13th October.. Mizuno PAssion Mount Faber Run 2013 (cancel and postpone because of haze)
20th October.. Newton Challenge Run 2013
27th October.. The Shape Run 2013 (cancel and postpone because of haze)

example of bro jerrylam.. 29th September (KL Marathon), 5th October (TNF-25), 6th October (Tri-Factor Run - 31.5km), 20th October (Newton Challenge Run -32km)..

"doctor says i can work towards jogging by OCT"..want to go for The Shape Run 2013..

home-1-update.jpg

2.4km Stroller Fun Run.. Buddy (2 Pax).. cute and sweet Buddy #1 Mei Mei can stroll strong and handsome Buddy #2 Hell Hole in P.R.A.M... :turned:

DD314,

I wanted to do MetaMan this year but it clashes with my River Jungle marathon.

Think no 70.3 distance in Singapore this year and Bintan island is the closest.

Can see your determination when you changed your avatar to IM 70.3 :) Let's work towards that goal! Me too! One day I hope to see you change again to 140.6.

Cannot join this SG Tri because I will be overseas so I wish you the best.

Will also jeopardize my TNF race too...if I don't fly home early enough :( Sianz.

Anyway all the best to those doing this SG Tri!!

Thank for e encouragement! Based on my current commitment, i can;t afford to training for a full IM... It will offset my family-work balance... Already squeezing time out time to train for tri,,,, maybe next time when the kids r older n then i will go for it... It is a journey rather than destination... no rush.... i supposed...

delldell314.. uncle just got no so good feedback by pink apple on organising of MegaTri.. too few enough participants to make profit..and so..if want to do O2 (2 x standard distance)..or Ironman 70.3.. maybe metaman..can consider..coming..or..2014..

to do IM.. is only a matter of how soon..the better..not..later..yes..sacrifice needs to be made..but, body must peak for it..and..if heart and mind..body will go for it.. that's all..and regarding the financial.. yes, depends on where.. Asia-Pacific..Europe..North America..all fees will be in equivalence of the currency of that region..yes..like just to go the SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia in the scenic town of Busselton..also be in the region of $5,000+.. favourite for First Time IM..yes..that will be the swim..best known for its iconic two-kilometer long jetty and calm turquoise bays..a bike course that takes you through the Ludlow Tuart Forrest and a spectacular friendly multi loop flat run along the coastline...Busselton has a relaxed atmosphere and is a popular place for a family holiday..twice voted Western Australia's top tourism town, there's plenty of activities and tours to experience...

wa%20main.jpg?w=450&h=250&c=1

I was in Busselton last year for holiday. Walked to the end of the jetty and back already tired liao...if swim don't know how...haha!! :)

Same site for the 3.6 km jetty swim too!

Was staring at the beach and dreaming one day I will be here racing...

OK back to topic! I saw SG Tri also posted in other forums. Take up rate is slow...??

SG Tri is international.. so expect take up rate from international.. more.. normally.. 1 international : 3 local.. expected..more from the OZ and others from northern asia..some from europe..

and Busselton..yap.. cool right.. since RussYee there.. brings back memories..

Busselton Jetty..is the longest jetty in all of OZ ..also the longest in the southern Hemisphere..located in Busselton on the shores of Geographe Bay ...this jetty is over two kilometers long and is really something to see and visit...the jetty was used many years ago to load and unload the many cargoes coming and going from Busselton. .the waters here are just so pristine..you might also want to take a swim...yap.. for local not used to cold.. no kidding.. blurr..icy cold..water..

2m4s.jpg

"Was staring at the beach and dreaming one day I will be here racing..."..yap.. RussYee.. better prepare wetsuit..and stop dreaming.. and also.. a bike box..to transport bike.."Same site for the 3.6 km jetty swim too!"..yes, 1.8km is the jetty..but correction..for IM..needs 3.8km swim..0.2km added is when making U-turn from the jetty..for swim.. :turned:

Ironman-Western-Australia---Busselton.jp

of course.. having walk and fun to the jetty..

kgf0.jpg

fishing from the jetty is a popular activity among both locals and visitors..to protect the survival of the fishing resources, strict rules apply concerning the minimum and maximum size of certain species of fish that may be taken...easure boards on the handrail indicate the limits..

wc8l.jpg

and watch your steps when reading.. you might just <slip>..oops..<splash>..dkzi.jpg

and for those.. travelling for hoilday or IM at Busselton for SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia 2013..8 December 2013 (Sunday)..for there are 40 qualifying slots for the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii..awaiting to be grabbed..and enjoy your trip, aloha :turned: