Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gentle

Transferring/Selling/Request of Race Slots of Any Event Discussion

Alot of trolls in this thread.

The topic is buying and selling of race slots, which is no brainer actually but some peeps expect their ideas to be implemented like 'oh cannot its a must else feedback us useless without action' rubbish zzzz

shit stuffs you expect from a keyboard

Since it's a no brainer.. wat is ur stand on it?

I think u need more brain juice to read into the points being suggested... it's not so simple abt a MUST use feedback.. if u'd realise this thread is started to to do what? after the decision's been made ? have u tot abt that? If u think carefully u're actually talking abt urself since ur post came frm a keyboard as well... n ur post states no stand here or there.

Some Q & A on this "discussion" frm my point of view

Q : Why is ok to sell slot?

A : For the runner who cannot take part, it won't waste his money. FOr the runner who wan to take part, he will be happy.

Q: Is it ok to run another person's ticket?

A: Yes as long as the runner is responsible for his own safety. There are many runners who died after runs in the past cos they overexert etc... so it doesn't mean using their own race ticket they will live past the accident.

Q : Since it's against the rules to sell ticket, how can one still sell ticket?

A : Asking friends / Internet forums.. the race rules only say cannot sell ticket, but didn't say forums must delete/edit posts on selling ticket... becos there is no confirm sale if buyer cannot be found or seller dun sell in the end.

Q : Is it right for forum to delte/edit posts on selling?

A : No, they have no rights to do it unless they abuse their power. The race rules only say cannot sell ticket, but didn't say forums must delete/edit posts on selling ticket... becos there is no confirm sale if buyer cannot be found or seller dun sell in the end.

To be continued (if necessary)

actually the rule was not targeting at you (we don't even know who you are! LOL)

and definitely is not recent - here are some older posts that i reminded people that selling of slots is not allowed:

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11870&view=findpost&p=360543

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12836&view=findpost&p=361442

you can think that this rule is stupid, and we have also stated our reasons why we still stick to the rule...

it is fine to disagree, and i think we should put this behind us and move on...

ok that's all for now - i'm going for my run - hehe

actually the rule was not targeting at you (we don't even know who you are! LOL)

and definitely is not recent - here are some older posts that i reminded people that selling of slots is not allowed:

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11870&view=findpost&p=360543

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12836&view=findpost&p=361442

you can think that this rule is stupid, and we have also stated our reasons why we still stick to the rule...

it is fine to disagree, and i think we should put this behind us and move on...

ok that's all for now - i'm going for my run - hehe

have a good run

I sincerely hope frm the bottom of my heart these ppl get injured bad enough that they can't take part.. den they'll start finding buyers.. oops! u can't do selling here.. they waste their money...bad luck :showoff:

curious, don't make such wishes, whether or not it is sincere. It doesn't matter if they can sell their race slots here, but wishing a runner injured so badly that they can't take part in races is really not a nice thing to do. Don't wish harm on others.

curious, may I ask some questions? You don't have to answer if you don't wish to. Did you miss the SCMS registration and are desperately seeking a spare race slot? Or, pardon me, are you so badly injured that you can't take part in this race and are desperately trying to sell your race slot here? Or is it that you saw injustice here and are speaking out for those affected? You see, curious, you approach this topic with such fiery passion that I take my hats off to you for speaking out loud.

In Sgrunners forum, we have never encouraged, allowed or closed an eye to the matter we are discussing now. We might have missed some of such posts because we mods do not sit in front of the computer 24/7 to monitor each and every post. Whenever, such posts come to our attention, we will take action by deleting them. Here, I would like to appeal to all members for help in alerting us to such posts. Even though we have set rules, but there will be some who didn't read it, or read it already still want to challenge or break the rule.

I've read all the posts pertaining to this matter in this forum, but I can't point out to you that specific post in which TLR or a mod stated very clearly our stand. (So many posts, and often very lengthy ones, I lazy to scroll up and down la. Sorry.) We can't stop any runner from selling/transferring/buying over/requesting race slots. They may have their reasons which they deem valid but SGRunners.com just doesn't want to be used as a platform to do so.

These "transactions" can still go ahead if there are willing buyers and sellers even after we explained why it is not so wise doing so....We can't and have no right and certain no power to stop them. But, not within our this forum, including the status updates. This is our stand. I hope I am not ambiguous at all on on this? Our forum rules No. 15 has been updated already after this furore.

curious, I don't know how and when you will let this matter rest. If you are thinking of asking SGRunners.com to close an eye like before, which I have already stated that it was not the case, you will be sorely disappointed. A set of rules has been drawn up and it has to be enforced. There is no point having a set of rules when it can be bent or changed easily with just a/some feedback. If there are no rules here, then it will be an anarchy.

Some feedback to your point of view

A : For the runner who cannot take part, it won't waste his money. FOr the runner who wan to take part, he will be happy.

If organizer say it is ok to sell slot than it is ok. If the organizer say it is not allowed than it is not allowed. But if you feel than it is allowed than it is allowed. It does not matters. Because its your point of view. We are not going to change your view.

But it is not allowed in the forum. So please do your buying or selling of raceslots elsewhere.

A: Yes as long as the runner is responsible for his own safety. There are many runners who died after runs in the past cos they overexert etc... so it doesn't mean using their own race ticket they will live past the accident.

If you feel that it is ok, than it is ok. It is your view afterall.

But no selling or buying of race slot in the forum

So please do your buying or selling of raceslots elsewhere.

A : Asking friends / Internet forums.. the race rules only say cannot sell ticket, but didn't say forums must delete/edit posts on selling ticket... becos there is no confirm sale if buyer cannot be found or seller dun sell in the end.

Race rule did not say forums must delete/edit posts on selling race slots, but it is not allowed here.

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum//index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

15. Transferring, selling and request of race slot is strictly not allowed in the forum, whether or not the race organisers allow. Any of this content inside this forum will be deleted by the moderators without informing the member.

so please do your buying or selling of raceslots elsewhere.

A : No, they have no rights to do it unless they abuse their power. The race rules only say cannot sell ticket, but didn't say forums must delete/edit posts on selling ticket... becos there is no confirm sale if buyer cannot be found or seller dun sell in the end.

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum//index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

15. Transferring, selling and request of race slot is strictly not allowed in the forum, whether or not the race organisers allow. Any of this content inside this forum will be deleted by the moderators without informing the member.

Some feedback to your point of view

If organizer say it is ok to sell slot than it is ok. If the organizer say it is not allowed than it is not allowed. But if you feel than it is allowed than it is allowed. It does not matters. Because its your point of view. We are not going to change your view.

But it is not allowed in the forum. So please do your buying or selling of raceslots elsewhere.

If you feel that it is ok, than it is ok. It is your view afterall.

But no selling or buying of race slot in the forum

Race rule did not say forums must delete/edit posts on selling race slots, but it is not allowed here.

so please do your buying or selling of raceslots elsewhere.

Hi. Moderator Tee Lee.

I strongly agree with curious points(Q&A)...your points here seem to be very "lousy" and using your mod's power to shut runners up, you are so unkind to runners...you are telling the runners to FO from sgrunners.com! It is not the right thing. Sgrunners.com forum is formed is to let every runners to know it....to discuss it....to share with it and let runners to understand it . Not telling runners to go other website forum to sell or buy or transfer race slot.

You are a lousy debator! why......? "So please do your buying or selling of raceslots elsewhere."...

.what is the purpose of sgrunners.com? it serve no purpose at all....coz you are telling runners to go elsewhere...here not welcome the runners!!! Please debate to the points.

A forum topic open here is to discuss,sharing....it is not an army ground....must listen to you!!! Must follow sgrunners rules eventhough got looseholes!!!

Please wake up your mind. Who are you to them? Senior officer or his big boss?

In order to let people stand on your side, please make your points strong!!!

lol.ppl sure can type alot..

Mod just say no then no ka.not happy go feedback forum!

Hey, long time never come back and now there are others who can type so long just like me?

Pity, no substance. I love your comment, by the way, takaishi :)

Hi. Takashi.

"Mod just say no then no ka.not happy go feedback forum!"....it means that "your Boss ask you to eat shit! Then you go to eat Shit!" am I right? Not happy...jump down from 30 floors lho.

A forum here is to discuss....not to laugh at them....I know you are very close to the moderators....please give your points to support! Please don't talk rubbish here.

Hi yamkamhoong,

Thank you for your views, i am not debating and i don't wish to debate..

So since everyone has their right to states their view, i am stating my views too.

You do not need people to stand on your side to state your views.

But thank you for your feedback anyway :rolleyes:

When you run an event that is not registered under your name ... you are always running a risk

In sports related events, the organisers have to get proper insurance coverage before the race can begin (that also adds to the cost of the event).

When you are not running under your own name or if you did not register it under your details when you get injured or need medical aid, the organisers have the right to refuse aid (after all their insurance don't cover you)

and even if they provide aid, the information that you give in your race tag (blood group etc) may not be correct ... and if you have allergies, the further complicates matters.

After saying this, there will always be comments like:

- it will go to waste

- its my money i choose to give to who is my prerogative

that is not an incorrect view

however, do bear in mind that we live in a civil society and the safety of others is important to us

it is in this spirit that most of the regular runners have urged some people who voice their displeasure of not being able to sell their race slot in this forum to not sell them...

some people run just for the sake of running (and to feel alive)

some run for personal achievement

other run for a myraid of other reasons ...

as with most things in life ... we try to live responsibly ...

have a good week folks

For discussion purpose, to put things in perspective:

if there are opportunities to improve in related house rules ... (Admin / Mod) let's do it;

On the other hand, if there are related terms and conditions upon the sales and purchase of race slot ... (Runners) let's observe it.

Very often, it often takes two hands to clap ... i think there are probable grounds for any of the aboves.... Basic fundamental is, runners should respect and cooperate with Admin / Mod who are responsible to put the house of runners' forum in order. Just sharing my thought on this episode.

Hey, long time never come back and now there are others who can type so long just like me?

there's a diff between who type a harry potter book with substance and some who just wanna stare at the rules and nip pick it, and when they realised they're losing, they proceed to personal attacks such as curses..

stupefy!

"http://www.sgrunners.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=5021"

The last time highlighted was Posted on 14 November 2008 - 09:05 AM.

That was 2yrs ago! no wonder so many runner i ask say no such rule.

"we do not state in the rules of this forum"

Why not state in the Forum Rule?

usually, if anyone plan to post 'sensitive' topic, will read the forum rule,

if it is not mention at the Forum rule, but under other topic

(somemore dated in 2008, how we know?

cannot expect us to read all topic, right?

sometimes it is in the best interests for all parties concerned not to push so hard, understand?

please read my reply. U are the one don't "understand"

only big boss use that word, we are all runner, friends,... key word 'equal'

i am not your maid, recruit, son,....

i know that u want all parties not to 'word of fire', which is good.

In my reply,

*what i mean is since it is highlighted in 2008, then many of the runner,

including myself are not aware of such rule,

many of my friend (members) are not happy, make noise...

At least, i post to find out more, give suggestion to improve.

*if it is state in the Forum Rule(heading), not under others,

then everyone know, make the life easy for everyone, everyone happy.

To add 1 more rule in the Forum rule(heading) is not difficult,

if need my service, can i do it, foc.

*example, when your friend wear the sundown ultra marathon finisher shirt,

u know that he don't even join the race,

he don't even can complete 1/2 marathon,

to most runner who go through years of trainning, it is fair?

are we going to set a rule that no selling of finisher shirt allow?

the bottom line is, we must have a clear mind,

the forum is to 'benefit' all runner, make friend.

i m giving my suggestion.

To me,

A person wear a marathon finisher shirt, but he did not take part,

he may like the design, show off...

sell/buy slot- injure, out of town.... join friend, last min,...

there are million of reason why people do this, do that,

there are million of right/ wrong reason

as long not harming/ commit offence, ok lar

live is short, be happy

HI EVERYONE, I AM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK! HAHA.. Kind of XX to let me know there are people writing essays now, I haven't ben debating for quite a while! Whoo!

Here goes: Please refrain from laughing too hard since the previous person I am replying to is quite serious. ROFL.

I am not quite getting the picture of this argument right here. Only Boss uses which word? And what about equality? Of course we're all equal unless we're in different leagues like in IVY. But anyway, this ain't really the issue here, whatever keyword you are trying to emphasize is GREATLY not having the repercussion you want.

I have been thinking- Yes, 2008 is longggggggg ago BUT doesn't this also highlight that in 2008, we have already been enforcing this rule of non-selling? If your friends are unhappy of something, there's a thing called email to find out without having a need to make a mountain out of a molehill. Which if that was taken, there wouldn't be arguments here and there. And where I wouldn't be typing a long, simplified essay for you to read, right? Give your friends my regards, they should be happy now that their doubt is raised and the air is cleared in their heads.

Second, read this twice:

*example, when your friend wear the sundown ultra marathon finisher shirt,

u know that he don't even join the race,

he don't even can complete 1/2 marathon,

to most runner who go through years of trainning, it is fair?

are we going to set a rule that no selling of finisher shirt allow?

the bottom line is, we must have a clear mind,

the forum is to 'benefit' all runner, make friend.

i m giving my suggestion.

Trust me, I read it more than twice, I took in all the broken english synthesis and structures, but I can't catch a word what you are trying to say. And this, my friend, is bad. Not implying that your typing is bad. Me not being able to understand you is bad. Agree? Actually, you don't have a choice cause its a rhetorical question. In your context.. Yes, if my friend wears the ultra marathon shirt and I know he didn't join the race, and he don't show potential n completing a half-marathon, OF COURSE, it is not fair to RUNNERS (note: its plural) who ran the great distance. But to the ultra-runner who for some reason, like he needs $200 urgently that's why he gotta sell his ultra tee to the person who DID NOT run the race, its completely fair to him because its a trade of good for money. And trust me, the fake ultra-runner just isn't going to be able to wear that with pride cause lets face it, a shirt don't really mean anything. Its how people look at you from then on since you decided to put a fake bluff. And no, I don't think a rule is needed because morals would already step in way before people want to do something. Its really up to you to sell your achievements, really your choice to give up your efforts to someone else, etc. I know I just said a shirt is really nothing but hey, you don't get that shirt every other day. Hahahahha... Who can stop you from selling your stuffs?

Yes, this forum is about making more friends and buddies to join you in trainings, tips, etc. BUT ITS DEFINITELY NOT A SHOP WHERE YOU CAN SELL YOUR THINGS. There's a thing called blogs. Just make one and sell your things there, with absolutely NO affiliation with SGRunners.com.

Going to the 'selling race slots' issue. There's really nothing much to say. In the most simplified tone, DO NOT SELL YOUR RACE SLOT HERE. Government sets laws but people are still doing the opposite. You want to sell your race slot even after knowing its not allowed here, do it then! Just don't do it here. We're not a monetary trading place which would have made the entire objective of this platform out of place. Like I said, go get a blog but do not drag the website into this. Simple enough to understand right?

To me, a person who wears finisher shirts but did not take part in it is a complete moron. There's really nothing to prove just that he's an airhead. Simple.

By knowing the rule and breaking it IS an offence, so don't think that its fine because some idiot came up with 'Rules are meant to be broken'.

And hey, its 'Life is short. Not Live.' Please do not argue out of this one and say you like to type it that way. I don't wanna spit Ruffles all over my laptop screen due to excessive laughing.

Love,

YX

I LOVE SGRUNNERS! ITS GOOD TO BE BACK~ LALALLALALA~

• Admin

thanks for sharing your views, opinion and suggestion... i would love to hear from other members of the forum... regardless whether you ok or not ok with the above topic...

do state out the reason or maybe share your experience with regards to this topic and of lets respect each other views...

thanks! :)

Hi. Takashi.

"Mod just say no then no ka.not happy go feedback forum!"....it means that "your Boss ask you to eat shit! Then you go to eat Shit!" am I right? Not happy...jump down from 30 floors lho.

A forum here is to discuss....not to laugh at them....I know you are very close to the moderators....please give your points to support! Please don't talk rubbish here.

i saw u in public plenty a time, no point putting myself at your lvl imo. and obviously you are posting based on your opinion of my online persona with your personal trolls on me in e past few posts. if i'm e mod i would have ban you for breaking of rules and t/c

kindly look at attached reply. everyone has their right to state their views, if u feel offended, then stop typing.

Hi yamkamhoong,

Thank you for your views, i am not debating and i don't wish to debate..

So since everyone has their right to states their view, i am stating my views too.

You do not need people to stand on your side to state your views.

But thank you for your feedback anyway :rolleyes:

i stand by the prohibition of selling of race slots in forum postings.. you can do it via friends u made thru sgrunners or other forums. its similar to selling NDP tickets. so in a way i don't feel there's a need to change any of these rules. its just a removal of an alternative, not THE alternative. of course unless all you have is the online world which one lives in. obviously its not.. least for me. not sure about e rest.

thanks for sharing your views, opinion and suggestion... i would love to hear from other members of the forum... regardless whether you ok or not ok with the above topic...

do state out the reason or maybe share your experience with regards to this topic and of lets respect each other views...

thanks! :)

view of my own above this post.

and i replied ya pm on e singlet size :D :D :D

Haiz i really miss the old kampung spirit of the SGRunners many moons ago. Sorely lacking it nowadays. :icecream:

Anyway to curious, and yamkamhoong, I am just curious that what is the purpose behind such a strong stand and position? Would you all stand to gain anything at all if SGRunners change its stand?

But then, you guys are great and talented writers. Elections is around the corner, the grassroots need the young and the YP also need pp also. Do feel free to join if you guys meet the age limit and if interested. :rolleyes:

Anyway to the moderators, i am unsure if it has been out or did we enforce it over the years? Let's come out with a standard code to do when there are posts to sell/transfer the slots. Maybe a reply to the post, and a PM to the orginator and ask them to kindly remind that transfering are not allowed in the forum and encourage them to delete the post themselves and not delete without notice?

It is a good lesson for all. But ya I really miss the old kampung spirit...

I think it's ok to sell the slot to someone else or else it'll be wasted .. better yet it can benefit another runner who wans to run and has trained for it ..

It is the responsibility of the runner who bought the slot to ensure his own safety during the race. In the worst case, if he were to collapse, the organisers' backsides are covered when they discover that he has taken another person's registration. So, it's a totally private affair on selling the slot between 2 parties.. What right does the forum moderators here have to control a private matter between two willing parties?

And the best part is the decision has already been made to delete such sitations and then create a discussion thread here to do what?

In addition, I didn't know the tickets would be sold out so soon in abt 3 wks!! This my first time wanting to join this race.. And to think they even had 3 prices categories..... when in actual fact all the tix are sold in the early bird catergory !!

Look! We have a lawyer here. I am not from Law and Management but at least I know the difference between 'private' and 'public'! Hahhahahha.. Since you said its a 'TOTALLY PRIVATE AFFAIR' between two parties, WHY DO IT ON A PUBLIC PLATFORM? Its kinda of ironic and super retarded to even type that statement out, don't you think? LOL!!!

Of course Boss has all the rights, he's the owner of this. You, on the other hand, have your right to challenge all you want but everyone's just laughing at you.

I thought what Boss typed was clear enough: we do not have the rights to stop anyone from doing it... but in this forum, we have the rights not to allow it. Clearly, some can't really grasp it. Pity. And hey, what power are you talking about? Its his site, its his forum, if you don't like it, just go away. Of course rules have to be set to curb nusiance like yourself online (Don't feel insulted, by the way). I am pretty amused by what you type. ALWAYS. And yes, Boss has the power, you don't. And he has the rights. Go read up on a cheap law book that the person who possess his item to full has the rights to control them.

And yes, you have the right to give your views but we may not have to change anything cause ultimately, why would we change a rule to bullshit? LOL! If feedback's been given and its not been acted upon, it suggests that the feedback is NOT FEASIBLE AT ALL and its rubbish. But we still thank you for your efforts in writing them in the first place. Poor thing. If things go dead, Curious, we can't revive them unless you keep the nonsense to yourself.

Moving on..

Look at what you're typng:

"I'm not having enough.. haha..

u mean u dun know it's not right of u to say thanks? i mean.. wat are u thanking me for since u're not going to take my feedback?

I mean come on, it's not fair and it's not right.. u're jus using ur power here to make things. how can i be having enough?"

I think what Boss and many others meant to say was (in a crude tone): I don't really care if you are having enough but this is not a place for you to act like a kid and argue about something that is SO UNIMPORTANT. I know, you are going to say I am a kid too for replying to your nonsense. Sometimes, I don't understand why I reply to morons but aww.. I am just a a tad smarter than you. Don't talk till you're all so high-and-mighty. Do you own the site? Do you maintain it? Do you organize events for gatherings? Do you get benefits for runners? If its a 'No' for the following above, I think your nut is smart to deduce you can shut up.

Just because you can't understand, doesn't mean Gentle can't. Hello? Its an analogy in context and you can't understand that? Poor kid. SIMPLE. People die when they don't follow rules. People who jaywalk and get hit by the car visits God. So if you like to keep talking about safety, how about you just look at yourself. To be honest, I doubt you know any rules about running. But no matter. You would find fault with the rules too. Like the bandit runner thing. A thief never admits he's a thief. AND NOBODY CARES IF YOU DON'T AGREE CAUSE YOUR VIEW JUST DON'T MATTER. Don't drag God into this. He just might look you up too soon *crosses finger with a ray of shining hope*

To Gentle: I totally get you, bro. Don't worry. He doesn't know what an analogy is. Its hidden meaning for him. Rocket science.

"From Curious to Gentle: This is a running forum, i think we are better off channeling more energy to our runs. What's there to channel energy when there's not going to be even a run to talk about ??"

LOL. No run to talk about?! You serious? So you only run when you are officially in a route with barricades?! LOL!!! This is a joke, really. LOL...

Continuing on... You hope people get real injured? Damn. I hope I get that wish towards you first. That way, people won't get injured because your wish won't come true. HAHAHHA! You don't get it? Never mind. Never expected you to =D

You really have to insult everyone huh? Takaishi really meant the no-brainer in another way. But okay, if your brain juices are so good, tell me, what is Newton's passion? Not related to running so you ain't gonna answer? Aww...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At last, I am done. Hahahhaa.. I feel sad to see fellow runners getting insulted by one black sheep (and he ain't even that cute!) but hey, everything written here is solely on my views! Don't like it? Too bad. My ego's too big to bother with what you think, Curious. If you can insult others, I don't see why I can't. Since 'Treat others like how you want others to treat unto you' =D Don't you love my views? I'm just replying thoug Not even a debate. HAHAHA.

And to all runners, I wish you guys GOOD HEALTH and the best in your trainings! Meet you guys in 2011!

Love,

YX

Psst Tiwazz, I have never eaten "SALTED EGG" ice cream before. Just curious where is this favourite outlet of yours. I believe Nancy would love to patronize it too!!!

^_^

tom's palette @ shaw leisure gallery :)

salted egg ice cream? you sure or not? ultra you sure nancy wants to eat this 咸蛋冰淇淋??

Psst Tiwazz, I have never eaten "SALTED EGG" ice cream before. Just curious where is this favourite outlet of yours. I believe Nancy would love to patronize it too!!!

^_^

salted egg ice cream? you sure or not? ultra you sure nancy wants to eat this 咸蛋冰淇淋??

Is it the in thing now? It prick Nancy's mind, that is the reason she asked me to check it out ... we may go for it ^_^

^_^

Is it the in thing now? It prick Nancy's mind, that is the reason she asked me to check it out ... we may go for it ^_^

eat already tell me about it ok..... hahahaha....

i only eat salted egg with plain watery porridge.... poor man's lunch but NICE!

^_^

I don't mind tasting salted egg with porridge once awhile ... its definitely not a poor man's meal :)

^_^

I don't mind tasting salted egg with porridge once awhile ... its definitely not a poor man's meal :)

you are right leh, salted egg like salted fish is not cheap these days.