Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runwitme

PUTRAJAYA MARATHON

PJM.jpg

Hey guys/ gals,

Fresh from KLIM, how about another plan to come to our beautiful country, Malaysia. This time for Putrajaya Marathon. You have about 6 months to prepare for this race.

Event: 42km, 21km, Under distance

When: 10 Sept 2006 (Sunday)

Where: PutraJaya,Malaysia (Where else?)

Highlight: Beautiful architectures and scenic views at our Malaysian administrative city. Medals for all finishers and attractive cash prizes.

Will keep you all updated as the time comes. At the moment, no official website yet.

Anyway, check out my last years' Putrajaya 1/2 marathon experience in my September archive.

http://runwitme.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_ru...me_archive.html

those who are taking part

1. IMD (full)

2. shutehelup (half)

Cool!  last yr couldn't take part as it clashed with Sheares Bridge Run.. hope this yr will not clash too!

IMD.... this year AHM is on August..i think... :)

Runwitme... I am interested in doing 1/2.... pls keep us update!!! Cya soon... :smilie_daumen1:

Cool!  last yr couldn't take part as it clashed with Sheares Bridge Run.. hope this yr will not clash too!

Hey IMD,

The date clash with Desaru Half Iron..So which on eyou going??

I will choose the Desaru event as a warm up and preparation for Busselton.

Mythos, i am most likely to go for this marathon.. heard it's beautiful.. maybe can bank on it to qualify for Boston marathon??? hehehe :P dreaming of it....

Hey IMD,

Mythos, i am most likely to go for this marathon.. heard it's beautiful.. maybe can bank on it to qualify for Boston marathon??? hehehe :P dreaming of it....

eh, at the rate your timings are improving, i don't see it as very much of a dream for you leh ben!

eh, at the rate your timings are improving, i don't see it as very much of a dream for you leh ben!

wah, pls dun see me so up leh.. must meet 3hr 10mins timing to qualify for boston.. it is indeed very very difficult.. i just aim to enjoy all my runs.. if achieve good timing, it's a bonus..

wah, pls dun see me so up leh.. must meet 3hr 10mins timing to qualify for boston.. it is indeed very very difficult.. i just aim to enjoy all my runs.. if achieve good timing, it's a bonus..

2 dreams, PB in KL marathon and PB in spore biathlon 10km run, have alredy come true. I dun see why the next dream wouldn't.

Dream on....and it will come true once again. :cheers:

Hey IMD,

IMD,

OK. then you go PutraJaya mara I go Desaru HIM... Hope both of us get PBs... But I like what you said... " i just aim to enjoy all my races.. if achieve good timing, it's a bonus.."

Kops21, IMD - Thanks! Was thinking of doing it at Busselton. But, paying for it to do a half ironman... not worth it, though I agree the place is great.

Cokiee - No lah :redface: Half ironman is doable. I'm not really into PBs. Just do it.

This is the official website for Putrajaya Marathon. But at the moment we get "countdown" and weather report only. Please comeback later for updates.

http://www.putrajayamarathon.com/

:cheers:

Hi Friends, the details of this event is up on the website. There is an early bird registration fee.. so register asap.

Date/Venue

10 Sep 06 Sunday

Dataran Putrajaya, Precinct 3, Putrajaya

Start Time

Marathon - 6am

Half Marathon - 7am

10km (Veteran category only) - 7.30am

7km - 7.45am

Champion Chip will be used for Full & Half Marathoners(Refundable Deposit RM20)

Registration

**I can help you to register in KL. Just let me know if u r keen.**

Closing Date 1 Sep 06 (but do register early to enjoy early bird price & free transport to/from KL-Putrajaya

Entry Fee For Early Bird (Before 31 Jul 06)

Marathon - RM30

Half Marathon - RM20

7km/10km - RM8

Medals

Finisher medals will be issued to all Full & Half marathoners if you meet the qualifying time of 6hrs & 3hrs respectively.

For 10km & 7km, the top 300 finishers in each category will receive a medal.

Certificates

Achievement Cert - Within 4 hrs for full Marathon (Sent via mail)

Participation Cert - Within 6hrs for Full Marathon (Sent via mail)

21km Cert - within 3hrs (Sent via mail)

10km - within 100mins (Men Vet)/120mins (Women Vet) (Issued on the spot

7km - within 70mins (Men)/80mins (Women) (Issued on the spot)

Free Transport (to/from KL - Putrajaya)

Pick up points at PJ Hilton & Wisma OCM, KL(Near Puduraya Bus Terminal)

Only available for early bird - 1st 1300 to register in KL/PJ area)

I'm definitely going for this. Anyone wanna go? hehehe :smilie_daumen1:

Marathon

1. imd

Half Marathon

1. imd's gf

2. shutehelup

10km

7km

wow... imd... and imd's gf...

just out of curiosity, how many marathons have you / will you be taking part? your gf leh? i think we can have a list of honour to keep track of the number of marathons attempted by every sgrunners... then maybe at the end of the year, we'll know who's the champ...

:smilie_daumen1: :lol: