IPB Style© Fisana

Photo

What is your current Active Running Shoe?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
169 replies to this topic

#136 Dasher

Dasher

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:44 AM

Me got the sgrunner recommended mizuno Waverider 8 ...at 137 bucks :)
so far so good... better than my nike katana II

#137 taz

taz

ninj@ T@z

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

Welcome to the Mizuno WR 8 family :P
"you don't stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running". -Jack Kirk

#138 carine

carine

Admin | Webmistress :)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:13 AM

Yup, it's also better than my Adidas Adistar Cushion esp. when I go for long runs!
Posted Image

#139 DreamRunner

DreamRunner

The Dream Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:22 PM

Just got the new version Asics Cumulus today. Put one landreth and Cumulus on each feet to feel the difference. Chose the Cumulus for cushiony feel all round. Will put it to the test soon.
A Kilometer Run, A Kilometer Done!

Life Is A Marathon. DREAM IT. RUN IT. LIVE IT.

#140 deathscythe99

deathscythe99

Ultra Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:49 AM

Just got the new version Asics Cumulus today.  Put one landreth and Cumulus on each feet to feel the difference.  Chose the Cumulus for cushiony feel all round.  Will put it to the test soon.

Cumulus?

Hmmm I was unsure which to get...Thus the Grid Tangent :blink:

#141 DO

DO

"Pain is Weakness leaving the body."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

Just got the new version Asics Cumulus today.  Put one landreth and Cumulus on each feet to feel the difference.  Chose the Cumulus for cushiony feel all round.  Will put it to the test soon.

Wore new Asics Cumulus bght together with Dream.... tested it at Sgrunner 2nd run this morning ... it on par with Mizuno Wave Rider in cushion (maybe better) n Fit...Great Value for money buy... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep
trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way. Run often
and run long, but never outrun your joy of running."

Julie Isphording, winner of the 1990 Los Angeles Marathon

#142 balasing

balasing

Extreme Ulta Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

Wore new Asics Cumulus bght together with Dream.... tested it at Sgrunner 2nd run this morning ... it on par with Mizuno Wave Rider in cushion (maybe better) n Fit...Great Value for money buy... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Need a second pair of running shoes.. My Air Max, pronounced dead... last month.
Just keep running Posted Image Owner of the CharlieBrown Tshirt

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars. - Les Brown

The stars are already in your hands - Baba

#143 DreamRunner

DreamRunner

The Dream Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

Tested my new Asics Cumulus VII for today's SgRunners' 21km run. Passed the test with flying colours. Very cushiony feel and does not feel clumsy at all.
3.5 oo oo oo out of 5
A Kilometer Run, A Kilometer Done!

Life Is A Marathon. DREAM IT. RUN IT. LIVE IT.

#144 novaflux

novaflux

Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

Wah shoe experts, I need a new pair of running shoes and not sure what to look out for. Which brand or model has the BESTEST shock absorb qualities??? Mizuno looks like a good brand?

I am training for marathon so most of my runs are on roads.
Anybodie can share some recommendations and knowledge?

I am currently using Nike Airmax , bought it coz it looks nice :o :D :LOL:

#145 hedgehog

hedgehog

Ultra Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

currently my 1 week one Asics GT-2100. Had a hard time deciding what to buy then..

Supernova control at $100
Gt-2100 at $126
Mizuno Alchemy at $130
Saucony H.7 at $130

Ai yoh, so hard to decide, so i try asics since they are established in world of running so decided to give it a try. At first my shin splint is gone after running on GT2100, but dont know why somehow its coming back = (

#146 taz

taz

ninj@ T@z

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

currently my 1 week one Asics GT-2100. Had a hard time deciding what to buy then..

Supernova control at $100
Gt-2100 at $126
Mizuno Alchemy at $130
Saucony H.7 at $130

Ai yoh, so hard to decide, so i try asics since they are established in world of running so decided to give it a try. At first my shin splint is gone after running on GT2100, but dont know why somehow its coming back = (

U overpronate? Can see that your choice are all stability or motion control range....if u r flat-footed or overpronate...maybe GT2100 not the best choice....it is under stability cushioned shoe...not motion control
"you don't stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running". -Jack Kirk

#147 hedgehog

hedgehog

Ultra Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

yup i overpronate. From the asisc website they shown GT2100 for moderarte overpronators. From the pic of my foot (backview) compared to the pics on various websites, can guess mine is a moderate case.

Also from the wetfoot test, which l wet my foot and press step on newspapers. The footprint shows outline of flatfoot but the area at the arch area is not that wet compared to the ball and heel. So l guess mine is moderate over-pronate. That time l also dont know where to ask for help as l have not found this forum, also most shop-keepers cant give me good advices as they only know which model for flatfoot and thats all. So thats why l gamble for GT2100.

Now if its not the best choice also bo-pian already.

#148 taz

taz

ninj@ T@z

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

yup i overpronate. From the asisc website they shown GT2100 for moderarte overpronators. From the pic of my foot (backview) compared to the pics on various websites, can guess mine is a moderate case.

Also from the wetfoot test, which l wet my foot and press step on newspapers. The footprint shows outline of flatfoot but the area at the arch area is not that wet compared to the ball and heel. So l guess mine is moderate over-pronate. That time l also dont know where to ask for help as l have not found this forum, also most shop-keepers cant give me good advices as they only know which model for flatfoot and thats all. So thats why l gamble for GT2100.

I will not conclude that it is due to the shoe...it might due to other reasons also like the way ur foot land, the terrain u run on, the intensity and frequency that u run per week...bla bla bla

read thru the thread on shin splint under injuries and discuss there maybe

#149 ultraman

ultraman

Super Regular Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,383 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:26 PM

You may wish to try out the new Speed Star. It is built for speed and prevention of blister. I wore that for NTU ultra marathon and after 2 marathons, I was still blister free.

Cheers.
I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO BE "HAPPY". THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO BE USEFUL, TO BE RESPONSIBLE AND TO BE COMPASSIONATE. ABOVE ALL ELSE, TO MATTER AND TO COUNT, TO STAND FOR SOMETHING AND TO HAVE MADE SOME DIFFERENCE THAT YOU LIVE AT ALL ^U^

#150 beatus_jacob

beatus_jacob

Regular Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

i just went to the new balance tech centre to purchase a new pair of running shoes.

I guess those shoes that was mentioned are meant for people with normal or high arch. Recommended shoe for flat flooters would be
my new shoe: NB 1221(wide and with motion control/stability element)

i've tried shoes like kayano(good stability but too narrow for me)

I like Light performance shoes like the NB900 and the DStrainer, but for those who are flat foot and thinking of using this as a LONG distance running shoe, u better think twice.

But for those who still dunno what feet u r having,
try the tech centre, at least there's one guy who bother to ask u to remove ur footwear, take a good glance at your feet, measure ur feet and give u the recommended shoe and SIZE.

i think that should be the case if we do want to be serious in sports, since many of us are not expert. At least i dun feel pain in paying a shoe costing $202(before 40% discount)

consider a visit there, at least i am impress with the sales person that sold me this shoe. and the saddest thing is that i can only buy 3 out of their many designs since i am a flat footer.

I think taz understand flat footers quite well, we need a firmer and more durable in sole due to motion of the flat footers. so...
just visit the NB TECH CENTRE(i'm not a member of the company but i've spend quite a bit in shop)

my ex-shoes are:
asics Kayano
asics cumulus
adidas speedstar