IPB Style© Fisana

Photo

SAFRA Singapore Bay Run 2013

1st September

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
746 replies to this topic

#76 kiko

kiko

Ultra Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

10KM
  1. SSBR & AHM ARMY Singlet (applicable only to all SAF Active Servicemen & all NSmen)
  2. Event Tee (applicable only to SAFRA member*, SAF NSmen Family & Public)
  3. Personalised Race Bib & Timing Device
  4. Exclusive Finisher Medal
  5. Personalised E-Certificate
  6. Goodie Bag (sponsored items)
  7. Insurance Coverage
  8. Muscle Rub Down Service
  9. Runpix Performance Review

Runners.. I ORD already , can entitle army singlet ?

#77 lonewolf

lonewolf

Super Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

10KM

1. SSBR & AHM ARMY Singlet (applicable only to all SAF Active Servicemen & all NSmen)
  2. Event Tee (applicable only to SAFRA member*, SAF NSmen Family & Public)

I think NSMen includes ORNS (Operational Ready NS), MR (Mindef Reserve) and ex-NSmen. You should be ORNS so I think you should be getting the singlet. But if you want to be sure. Call/email SAFRA and ask. And update everyone here.

#78 hjteo

hjteo

Runner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

10KM
[LIST=1][*]SSBR & AHM ARMY Singlet (applicable only to all SAF Active Servicemen & all NSmen)

When I register, it show's that I am entitled for the singlet even through I am now ex-ns. Try registering :-)

'If it hurts to walk and if it hurts to run, then run!'

#79 kohpapa

kohpapa

Super Runner

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

aiyo.. blur blur ..singlet entitlement.. read Q&A.. and race category.. and importantly..your confirmation slip..

take uncle's one .. confirmed "21KM AHM MENS MASTER".. and for kiko's one.. should be confirmed "SAFRA 10KM RACE MEN".. if you have registered.. apparently.. still haven't right?

taking 10km/21km category.. cross reference with http://www.safra.sg/...Categories.aspx

then.. cross reference to runner's entitlement http://www.safra.sg/...ntitlement.aspx .. clearly states "SSBR & AHM ARMY Singlet (applicable only to all SAF Active Servicemen & all NSmen)"

lastly.. got singlet or not.. for whom?.. http://www.safra.sg/...Categories.aspx  "SAF Active Servicemen and SAF NSmen (ORNS, MR & Ex-NSmen) only"

now uncle summarised.. especially mostly forummers of SAF NSmen (ORNS, MR & Ex-NSmen) only..SSBR & AHM ARMY Singlet..if..confirmed..SAFRA 10KM RACE MEN.. or SAFRA 10KM Race Men's Master.. or 21KM AHM Men's..or 21KM AHM Men's Master..

and only when you register.. you got special price $12++ for 21km.. or $8++ for 10km.. good enough lah.. DOUBLE CONFIRM.. like that still blur blur?

luckily uncle show mercy like buddha nowadays.. last time uncle commander, mean tiger son-of-a-b****..ask one question, men answered wrongly.. all kena, "see that hill 265 from sembawang 5-track junction.. touch that tree on that hill and come back".. if anyone asks where is that hill uncle talked about.. yes, your yearly event : "Energizer Singapore Night Trail" place.. where else.. and when uncle shout, "boys, chong that hill with uncle.. chong ah..".. means battle war cry.. our simulated enemy.. still that one Fat Man with Missiles anyhow shoot shoot.. cool right?.. today 3 missiles were shot to the sky for fireworks..more coming..so all boys now must chong SAFRA Bay Run 2013..10km and 21km..no excuse.

Edited by kohpapa, 19 May 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#80 mover

mover

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

10KM
[LIST=1][*]SSBR & AHM ARMY Singlet (applicable only to all SAF Active Servicemen & all NSmen)

When I register, it show's that I am entitled for the singlet even through I am now ex-ns. Try registering :-)
True. I am ex~ns too but a Safra member when the gov give it to us for free. Look like as long as your are a army man before you are entittle a event singlet.

#81 cheekylupin

cheekylupin

Ultra Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

females have to pay so much. eyes almost pop out when i saw $58.85 under registration fee. might have to give this a miss.

#82 kcslchin

kcslchin

Super Regular Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

females have to pay so much. eyes almost pop out when i saw $58.85 under registration fee. might have to give this a miss.

If you have father or brother who is serving or has served NS, they can register you at cheaper rate.

#83 absoluthal

absoluthal

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

If you have father or brother who is serving or has served NS, they can register you at cheaper rate.

Yup. Really unfair to the ladies and the not army ppl. If I remember correctly, I paid $35 for loyalty rate.

Don't know why this year costs more !!

Another option is to run using someone else name lor .....

#84 ongaku

ongaku

Regular Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yup. Really unfair to the ladies and the not army ppl. If I remember correctly, I paid $35 for loyalty rate.

Yea it was only $35 and somehow I didn't have to pay gst last year (signed up on the first day, think the system wasn't configured to charge gst yet). Had to sign up using the family rate at $48 this year. Would rather not have the event and finisher tee and pay less.

On another note, I wonder how the system recognizes if someone is really an immediate family member? I tried registering with a friend's IC number using the nominated family member code received and it worked!

#85 cann313

cann313

Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

$12.84 for 21km with a running singlet and a finisher tee.

wow, i thought i was dreaming. hehe

#86 _Hitman

_Hitman

Ultra Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ya, the price is too good to be true.... So I supported the local magazine by adding the one-year subscription of 'RUN' to the total when I check-out.

Support local production!

#87 AutumnRunner

AutumnRunner

Super Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Ya, the price is too good to be true.... So I supported the local magazine by adding the one-year subscription of 'RUN' to the total when I check-out.

Support local production!

I noticed that the run magazines booth is always at the event expo so there are still chances to order them in the next event.. =)

I rather be tired after a run than getting angry on myself for not running

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com

#88 tscfate

tscfate

Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

a male dominated race( 90%)?

Edited by tscfate, 21 May 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Inspired to run by someone special

No matter how slow or fast,everyone is a winner if they completed the race
Running make me feel alive

#89 kohpapa

kohpapa

Super Runner

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

tsk..tsk..a male dominated race..of course, how many active ns/ex-ns that are non-male..step forward..and be counted..you pay the same price like uncle..

no hard feeling..public members..and agree like what kcslchin has said.."nominated by family member who is active ns/ex-ns"..or join as safra member.. and don't forget..those HomeTeam in blues..also are considered as public..otherwise..look at HomeTeam run event..not even 21km in 2013..and the discount is $5 if have PAssion card..so if those don't have..what..must subscribe PAssion card..or else..pay more more..also..

yes, uncle can understand the outcry of "not fair"..why pay more?..and why don't think of it this way..how is serving 1.5 decade of life for the sake of national defense in uniforms (not the Homeland blue ones)..vs..just pay $30-$40++ more per year for this race?..just sweat..vs..sacrificial almost 1/5th of personal life..assuming 88 years lifespan..

yes, reminding..there is no women category..and if being <10% or even less choose to start with the mostly male dominated category..uncle already sounded the calling..bros from the uniformed groups..shave armpit hairs..for there are those who are members of the public (both males and females)..or those in Blues like HomeTeam or Civil Defence..or those not locals..but PRs..and Others..we respect your presence..but, pay the fair $ for the race..that's all..and we shall have fun..together..except that..we got also a special singlet..extra..huat ah!

#90 Plastick

Plastick

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

from hometeam not eligible for the nsmen rate???

"But ultimately, the debate isn't about Bare Soles vs. Shoes. It's about learning to run gently. Master that, and you can wear or not wear anything you please." Christopher McDougall, author of Born to Run