IPB Style© Fisana

Photo

Salomon Trail Run 2012 - 25 Nov 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 fireviewer

fireviewer

Runner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Race Details

Date: 25th November 2012
Race Start Time: 7.30am
Venue: Tampines Mountain Bike Park & Trail
Distance: Competitive 10km
Race Fee: $45 (Normal) , $42 (World of Sports or PAssion Card Members)

For more details, please visit: http://salomonx-trailrun.com/

#2 kohpapa

kohpapa

Super Runner

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

salomon trail run.. once popular with challenging trail running when it was held at MacRitchie..now at Tampines MB Park & Trail..has lost its "trail and challenging" element..more of neighbourhood "urban" run..1 lap MB Park + 1.5 lap Trail beside MB Park..should appeal more to trail run newbies (never touch mud)..yap.. the MT Park hilltop can make you pant pant..now more like PAssion NE (Tampines GRC) Trail Run.. in fact..Salomon Tiong Bahru Urban Trail Run 2012 has more places..combo of road run..hill run..KTM track(less) but yet refreshing natural terrain..and neighbourhood..OHBridges..

#3 swtmt

swtmt

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Not for me again. I don't know how I survived last year at my age! Far more tougher than I antiipated.

#4 kohpapa

kohpapa

Super Runner

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

bro swtmt.. glad to see u still in active run .. u got try Salomon Tiong Bahru Urban Trail Run?

just to add info on Tampines MTB Park.. this is a private BMX club which only allowed for members who want to MTB.. and for those who want to run..only on designated non-BMX area.. of course, expect non-BMX member bikers to use the tracks..come with many trail names..and how organiser come out with route..easy..combine this trail#1 and trail#3,5,9=5km..then run beyond the Tampines MTB Park trail..maybe another 5km..but why is it the event is held at Tampines MTB Park.. because there is a gate..that can "exit" or "enter"..hence organiser can simply vary the route..and uncle finds that..less "challenging"..and if repeated laps..

last year, uncle attended 2011 NE Run (in conjunction with Tampines Family Day & Carnival).. and supposed to be for 10km run..got to know organiser well and asked how they determine race route..they simply "use google map"..and plot distance..and coordinate with NParks..and on race day..kena cut short to 8km..due to NParks' final decision on the certain trail tracks outside Tampines MTB Park is out-of-bounds for certain safety issues..

go and google map..Tampines Mountain Bike Park..to get a better idea of the expected route..

#5 kohpapa

kohpapa

Super Runner

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

@@ps repeated..

Edited by kohpapa, 21 September 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#6 Gilch

Gilch

Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

I was hoping they'll bring it back to MR... guess it's gonna be at Tamp again this year.

#7 sivakumar

sivakumar

Super Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

This particular weekend seems to be Very Popular for events.
Got
Brook Run Happy
Pioneer Road Run
Swissotel Vertical Marathon
and now
salomon trail run.
Wondering how many races can a person take part in for a weekend.
I know of people who are doing 2
Anyone doing 3 or all 4 ?

#8 wonderfulblevic

wonderfulblevic

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

I was hoping they'll bring it back to MR... guess it's gonna be at Tamp again this year.

Me too. Will not be running this year. Hate the route. Too narrow to overtake. Boring. Would prefer Macritchie. Or something similar to TNF.

#9 manta

manta

Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Me too. Will not be running this year. Hate the route. Too narrow to overtake. Boring. Would prefer Macritchie. Or something similar to TNF.

Same here. Did the first instalment. Hated it as you would get all down and dirty. Heard second year worse. Did it when it was held in MR and though there were many bottlenecks, would return if held there again. Now that it's back in Tampines, no thanks.
You don't stop playing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop playing.

#10 ls_runner

ls_runner

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

so this route is more road than trail?

#11 mover

mover

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

so this route is more road than trail?

It trail all the way and it is more difficult route than MR.

#12 auron

auron

Super Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

venue to be confirmed? is it at tampines or other place?

Race Details

Race Details

Date: 25th November 2012
Race Start Time: 7.30am
Venue: To be confirmed
Distance: Competitive 10km
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

#13 kohpapa

kohpapa

Super Runner

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

good question.. TBC.. for venue.. must be having read this forum.. salomon trail run 2012..if held at Tampines Mountain Bike Park & Trail..again..cannot meet quota of 2,500 (last year was 2,459)..go back to macRitchie trials..then go all the way to lower pierce or dairy farm or central catchment area..get muddy in real rainforest..see monkeys..wild boars..hopefully recover panda missing from mandai..

#14 manta

manta

Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Though already registered for Brooks Run on 24 Nov, if organisers really change of heart and hold it at MR, will consider signing up for this too.
You don't stop playing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop playing.

#15 swtmt

swtmt

Ultra Extreme Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Other than the venue (Tampines) that deter me from taking part this year, the purple singlet is awful compare to last year's red tee.