Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wukong

Longest Timing EVER for a 10k Run

wats der longest timing EVER for a 10k run?

i'm going for my virgin 10k run end oct (the GE run) and i tink i'm gona take a looooooooooooong time, judging from my stamina now. :Cry:

will be be reaaaaaaaaaaaally embarressing to to pass the finishing line at 1.5hrs.........

no stamina?

change strategy.....

run to the next water point....

the water pts prolly abt 2.5km apart?

when u reach there....take a sip n walk 2-3 lamp posts....

u r able to lower ur HR n rest ur legs a little...

when u run again.... ur legs will feel fresh...

go try it out during ur training run...

liddat.... i m sure u can easily complete ur 10km within 1hr 30mins :)

i tink i prolly will be doing dat all the time since my stamina is so so so bad...

den i might be der last to reach the line! :Cry:

i tink i prolly will be doing dat all the time since my stamina is so so so bad...

den i might be der last to reach the line! :Cry:

dun worry....try my method...

u def wont be the last gal pass the finishing line :)

i'm going for my virgin 10k run end oct (the GE run) and i tink i'm gona take a looooooooooooong time, judging from my stamina now. :Cry:

will be be reaaaaaaaaaaaally embarressing to to pass the finishing line at 1.5hrs.........

This is also my 2nd nightmare when attending a race. hahahaha. esp the first few races. the first nightmare is when caught by SgRunners forumers when slacking :He He:

btw, the thing is that should enjoy the race... Don't think too much....

thanks for the encouragement folks!

btw, i try to hydrate myself during the day and just b4 running in the evening. budden just running like 10mins, i wan to DIE of dehydration aledi.

y ar?

thanks for the encouragement folks!

btw, i try to hydrate myself during the day and just b4 running in the evening. budden just running like 10mins, i wan to DIE of dehydration aledi.

y ar?

erm.. maybe din hydrate enough? .. or maybe ur body not use to running long D yet..

Try hydrating maybe few days b4 run??

ahaha.. proper way is to hydrate few days.. or even 1 or 2 wks b4 run depending on the Distance u going.. unless u r use to it den hydration part maybe jus 1 day will do..

ahaha

hope tis help.. :Big Grin:

what is your 10k timing now?

if have not ran 10k before, then what is the longest distance u had run and the timing for that distance?

Ah, dont worry abt it... 99% of us are there for the fun and to challenge ourselves. Realistically, not many can win the prizes up for grabs, so just relax and enjoy your run.

Also, if you're coming in at about 1.5 hrs, that's not really going to be the slowest in the race, so you're confirmed not to come in last. There are still going to be folks coming in after 2 hours (just check previous race results for 10k)

i oni, so far, ran about 2.2km (according to mapmyrun) at about...... 15mins. but speed will definitely drop from then onwards.

at dat mark, my lungs were heavy, my head was spinning, my throat was so dry... i can feel tumbleweeds rolling around...

i'm gona try to run 5km tonight.

Ah, dont worry abt it... 99% of us are there for the fun and to challenge ourselves. Realistically, not many can win the prizes up for grabs, so just relax and enjoy your run.

Also, if you're coming in at about 1.5 hrs, that's not really going to be the slowest in the race, so you're confirmed not to come in last. There are still going to be folks coming in after 2 hours (just check previous race results for 10k)

ah okok! just in case i'm like dis slow... by der time i reach finishing line, every1 has left for breakfast liao...

Do a run-walk like wat Tiwazz recommended and you'll be surprised at how quickly the distance go by... :)

Take a bottle with you so you can take sips during your run... btw, GE10k is a very newbie friendly race, you'll won't be last... juz go there and enjoy the race... :smilie_daumen1:

Do a run-walk like wat Tiwazz recommended and you'll be surprised at how quickly the distance go by... :)

Take a bottle with you so you can take sips during your run... btw, GE10k is a very newbie friendly race, you'll won't be last... juz go there and enjoy the race... :smilie_daumen1:

a bit ley chey to take a bottle along right?

nvm lah! tink i can brave my way to the 1st water point...... :)

next up after dis GE run will be der stand chart 10k. i tink those pple there are more competitive.... *GASP*

next up after dis GE run will be der stand chart 10k. i tink those pple there are more competitive.... *GASP*

The competitive ones at StanChart will be doing the marathon or half marathon... lotsa newbies at the 10k... juz go out there and have fun... :Big Grin:

I totally understand how you feel, as i felt the same for my first 10K run.

Don't worry, you won't be the last to reach the finishing line.

Even if you do, at least you made it to the finishing line! :Big Grin:

Most prob i'll be around you during the GE10K race, as my timing is also around 1.5hr. Haha!!

Don't worry, just go and enjoy the run. :rolleyes:

You can do it. :)

When starting to jog, just take it easy. resist the urge to run too fast too soon. If you can do 2.2km in 15 minutes, aim for 2km in 15 minutes, and this translates to 7.5min/km which is a comfortable jog. You will complete comfortably within 1.5 hours.

If you can, find a pacer or some to run with you.

All the best. with more jogs/runnings, you will be able to find your pace and from there do better.

the human body is very robust. it can take a beating of 10k. so dun worry at all. moreover, you are not a couch potato.

on that day, do whatever to have fun. run, jog, forwards, backwards, sideways, bounce, hop, skip........ remember to smile. have happy thoughts. before you know it, 10k will be over. oh... dun forget to dress up. look stylo, you feel better and faster as well. :cool_grin:

Run for yourself. Dun bother who may be looking at you. Enjoy the route and the race :)

BTW, why embarassing to pass the line at 1.5hrs? My 10km Real Run 2007 was 1:29...erm, let me go and :ph34r:

Run for yourself. Dun bother who may be looking at you. Enjoy the route and the race :)

BTW, why embarassing to pass the line at 1.5hrs? My 10km Real Run 2007 was 1:29...erm, let me go and :ph34r:

if I am not mistaken, average for 10km should be about 1:15?

if I am not mistaken, average for 10km should be about 1:15?

hmmmm....then me below average, especially for a guy :(

relax all this can be slowly build up my ... my 1st 10k i clock like 1:30 also .... but by not giving up i believe anyone can improve and now i'm clocking under 57min .... but i still hope to be better ...

longest timing for 10km run ??? forever !!!

achievement is view in ( a ) training for race, ( b ) toe-ing the starting line, ( c ) good running along race route, ( d ) crossing finishline, ( e ) having to earn good timing ...

belief you are achieving ( a ) and soon ( b ) confidently ...

fast = relative, finishline = absolute

so run the fast that you enjoy - belief you me ... there will be instances whre you will overtake other runners

then when see the finishline - run across that wit joy and remember to smile looking strong for the camera !!!

dont worri bout timing - itz just like $$$ always no end to it !!!?!?!!!

hi there,

my 1st 10km run after years w/o running is 1hr 30 mins...

for me it is not embarassing cuz it is an effort at my end and i accomplish it. u dun like the timing you achieved, then train up 4 it..... n u achieved ur PB

as u run more, u timing will improve dude..

its the satisfaction of the run and being able to completed it made me happy... rest is history dude. we are all different. some pp run fast. some pp run slow. and i am a slow runner.

run your own race n be proud tat u complete it dude

fast = relative, finishline = absolute

I so love this point... it totally sums up how I feel... :smilie_daumen1: