Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coffeeking

Garmin 405 Owners Fall in !

and what are you waiting for? quickly go and upload your run data la.... waiting for it to be erased har?

u realli KP huh.... hahhahahahahahahhaa

and what are you waiting for? quickly go and upload your run data la.... waiting for it to be erased har?

u realli KP huh.... hahhahahahahahahhaa

:whistle:

u r soooooooooooooo mean!!! :Big Grin:

okok.. back to talking watch :)

hehe... loaded my first run on my Garmin connect... :smilie_daumen1:

Pssst DO sifu, worth invest in one boh? :/

Psst.. Sifu... U think i will invest in junk???? :Big Grin:

Hahaha.....ok point noted, I save the money for running shoes ^_^

Ultra Sifu, this watch is one of the very best investments for running imo.

Ultra Sifu, this watch is one of the very best investments for running imo.

Timex has a GPS watch as well i think. but no one has talked about it at all.

Brokie brokie.....told you before to charged it everytime once you had used it, and also charged it before you go for a run already ma....cuz you never know when the battery will go flat. Don't wait till it nearly going flat then charged it.

Personally, I never tried having the battery runs flat and my data or settings is gone. But I've tried resetting the device, and all my data and settings is still there.

And did you set the bezel sensitivity to "high"?......cuz maybe the water might have touches the bezel and it comes on.

i wonder if this happens to any of you. once the battery goes flat, whatever run you haven't uploaded is gone! and you will have to do the setup when your garmin is charged.

after the run, i will bathe with my GG (Green Garmin) and the shower of water can cause the backlight to come on you know. wah.... so i have to lock my bezel.

Brokie brokie.....told you before to charged it everytime once you had used it, and also charged it before you go for a run already ma....cuz you never know when the battery will go flat. Don't wait till it nearly going flat then charged it.

Personally, I never tried having the battery runs flat and my data or settings is gone. But I've tried resetting the device, and all my data and settings is still there.

And did you set the bezel sensitivity to "high"?......cuz maybe the water might have touches the bezel and it comes on.

i wonder if this happens to any of you. once the battery goes flat, whatever run you haven't uploaded is gone! and you will have to do the setup when your garmin is charged.

after the run, i will bathe with my GG (Green Garmin) and the shower of water can cause the backlight to come on you know. wah.... so i have to lock my bezel.

Brokie, I think u might also forgot to off your GPS after the run. Hopefully they come out with an update that fix this issue or prompt u to off the GPS. I got this experience with the bezel and I set it to medium and unlock the bezel after a run, the beep keeps going on until like 10 mins when it return to watch mode, then I could use the functions.

And that is something good on the 205/305, wonder why take took off this function....

the 305 will prompt when indoor that cannot get GPS and will ask if u want to turnoff...or not..

And that is something good on the 205/305, wonder why take took off this function....

yeah acidburn and miss the total time spilt too at individual km or maybe I miss out something in the settings?

oh... but the 305 n 405 same price.

305 looks a bit bulky like 205.

Hellhole, need ur reviews on 305...thanks in advance

205 and 305 is exactly the same design. 205 is in blue casing and 305 is in red casing. The only difference beside the colors is that 305 is a HRM model.

205/305 is the 2nd generation forerunner, and 405 is the 3rd generation. Senza, 305 is not the same price as 405. 405 is very much more ex than 305.

oh... but the 305 n 405 same price.

305 looks a bit bulky like 205.

Hellhole, need ur reviews on 305...thanks in advance

acid, i think i need a firmware for my GG. you see, mine was bought from US. we COMPLAINED to Garmin and was given a link to do so.

by right, data should still be saved and safe even when battery is flat. i never allowed my watch to go flat now. i always charge it.

205 and 305 is exactly the same design. 205 is in blue casing and 305 is in red casing. The only difference beside the colors is that 305 is a HRM model.

205/305 is the 2nd generation forerunner, and 405 is the 3rd generation. Senza, 305 is not the same price as 405. 405 is very much more ex than 305.

oh...thanks for the sharing.

then the 305 is really bulky. hehe.

1I saw the list price in garmin website showing both of them US$299.99. But other places have discount for 305...

Who started all these fever on Garmin??? :P

Are you using version 2.30?

acid, i think i need a firmware for my GG. you see, mine was bought from US. we COMPLAINED to Garmin and was given a link to do so.

by right, data should still be saved and safe even when battery is flat. i never allowed my watch to go flat now. i always charge it.

ver 2.10. now i'm trying to figure out how to dl the firmware.

Go to the following link, it will auto download the lastest version to your GG. You must have your GG with you and your ANT plug into your comp.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/fr405update.jsp

ver 2.10. now i'm trying to figure out how to dl the firmware.

1I saw the list price in garmin website showing both of them US$299.99. But other places have discount for 305...

Senza, 205 and 305 can still buy online. They are 280+ and 350 with shipping charges included plus minus respectively. Not sure how much they sell here though. 405 I think best buy here ahh. Price difference not an issue, especially u will be charge GST for purchases more than $400.

Senza, 205 and 305 can still buy online. They are 280+ and 350 with shipping charges included plus minus respectively. Not sure how much they sell here though. 405 I think best buy here ahh. Price difference not an issue, especially u will be charge GST for purchases more than $400.

i just found out that TIMEX has GPS watches too. but i do not know the prices and the functions.

yeah...not much difference. 300 USD plus 7% GST-->>>480

i just found out that TIMEX has GPS watches too. but i do not know the prices and the functions.

I also heard... But last time I tried, could not find... hehe...

Anyone using Suunto??