Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coffeeking

Garmin 405 Owners Fall in !

Hi thot I start a thread for 405 owners to share experience and assist each other on the 405.

Let me start.

Been having problems uploading my activities to Garmin Connect the past few days. Uploading to GTC had no problem though. Anyone had the same issue ?

I am having this problem too. Some activities can upload to Garmin Connect, some cannot. Those cannot ones.....its just show "uploading" on the webpage....and just hang there....weird.....

Hi thot I start a thread for 405 owners to share experience and assist each other on the 405.

Let me start.

Been having problems uploading my activities to Garmin Connect the past few days. Uploading to GTC had no problem though. Anyone had the same issue ?

Just wonder if the activities location, can be reflected on the map clearly prior to the run?

I am having this problem too. Some activities can upload to Garmin Connect, some cannot. Those cannot ones.....its just show "uploading" on the webpage....and just hang there....weird.....

Let me start.

horus, don't get you.....can elaborate more?

Just wonder if the activities location, can be reflected on the map clearly prior to the run?

horus, don't get you.....can elaborate more?

AB, if you enlarge the map, location not clearly shown. Then during the process of loading, its simply of superimposing the route along the co-ordinates recorded onto the map. This part might be the problem.

I only uploaded mine in the GTC which is already damn happening. There is so much to do there!

Erm... I have yet to explore Garmin Connect (GC). So since I had upload my runs in GTC, can I also do so in the GC?

One short coming, the garmin damn the "jiat dian" (consume power in hokkien) you know.

I only uploaded mine in the GTC which is already damn happening. There is so much to do there!

Erm... I have yet to explore Garmin Connect (GC). So since I had upload my runs in GTC, can I also do so in the GC?

One short coming, the garmin damn the "jiat dian" (consume power in hokkien) you know.

err..brokie i think u forgot to off your gps. hehe It does drain battery even in power save. Press and hold gps,scroll down to gps, if its on and press the side button to off it.

haha....sorry...still don't get you. Edison you understand what horus is asking?

AB, if you enlarge the map, location not clearly shown. Then during the process of loading, its simply of superimposing the route along the co-ordinates recorded onto the map. This part might be the problem.

Call me lor... u know my hp rite ? :)

haha....sorry...still don't get you. Edison you understand what horus is asking?

Let me start.

eh acidburn I come across a few times also. I come across two possibility over the days, when I forgot to shut GTC the data won't load into GTC and garmin connect. Another the garmin side server hang, data transfer there a bit on the slow side I notice, the good thing is if you put your watch near your computer it keep trying until it succeed. hmm..so far both data the same.

err..brokie i think u forgot to off your gps. hehe It does drain battery even in power save. Press and hold gps,scroll down to gps, if its on and press the side button to off it.

edison, you are very clever! my GPS is indeed switched on! i just turned it off. Thanks.

No lah.....you never go and read the manual booklet....its all in there :Big Grin:

edison, you are very clever! my GPS is indeed switched on! i just turned it off. Thanks.

err..i think i partly get it, might be wrong though. I think He is asking why in garmin connect when u click the plus button to zoom in on the map, it zooms in on the centre of the map rather than on the route itself and after zooming in the route is not enlarge. Instead it enlarge useless details away from the route..sorry very long winded.

Edison is somehow near to what I'm trying to say. There's another factor which it is not convenient for me to mention here.

Pardon me, my english no good leh... :tongue_smilie:

err..i think i partly get it, might be wrong though. I think He is asking why in garmin connect when u click the plus button to zoom in on the map, it zooms in on the centre of the map rather than on the route itself and after zooming in the route is not enlarge. Instead it enlarge useless details away from the route..sorry very long winded.

No lah.....you never go and read the manual booklet....its all in there :Big Grin:

yes, i haven't sat down to fully explore my new toy. i bought it out for a run even before i know what is what.... haiyo... busy la!

hahaha no lah brokie. Hmm..I find most useful settings are in press and hold menu/training/options. Things such as autolap, auto pause, Virtual partner and others. If u do press something wrongly, just hit the bottom side button to go back previous menu. :tongue_smilie:

ya very smart already, still know how to activate the Training option and start tracking....and even upload to your GTC :Big Grin:

yes, i haven't sat down to fully explore my new toy. i bought it out for a run even before i know what is what.... haiyo... busy la!

hahaha no lah brokie. Hmm..I find most useful settings are in press and hold menu/training/options. Things such as autolap, auto pause, Virtual partner and others. If u do press something wrongly, just hit the bottom side button to go back previous menu. :tongue_smilie:

heh... just give me some time... this GG (Green Garmin) is not your usual Casio or Timex watches, so really must read the manual to fully utilise it. let me fully understand this GG first before I can engage in some intelligent discussion with you all okay? :P

Hope you won't turn Green also after reading the whole manual :Big Grin:

heh... just give me some time... this GG (Green Garmin) is not your usual Casio or Timex watches, so really must read the manual to fully utilise it. let me fully understand this GG first before I can engage in some intelligent discussion with you all okay? :P

Hope you won't turn Green also after reading the whole manual :Big Grin:

the manual is very very thin you know. will i turn green?

Wa fall in some more so there must be a CO.

So can i be one hee.................hee...................... :Applause:

Let me start.

This morning tried the manual upload on the Garmin Connect site. Could see the new activities in the list but cannot open the activities.

Just tried again, Garmin Connect seems to be working now.

So you mean now you can upload all activities to Garmin Connect?...which previously some activities having problem uploading one?

Btw, how do you do a manual upload? What files (ext?) should I upload to the Garmin Connect? Where is these files located?

This morning tried the manual upload on the Garmin Connect site. Could see the new activities in the list but cannot open the activities.

Just tried again, Garmin Connect seems to be working now.

So you mean now you can upload all activities to Garmin Connect?...which previously some activities having problem uploading one?

Btw, how do you do a manual upload? What files (ext?) should I upload to the Garmin Connect? Where is these files located?

Last night had the same symptoms as you mentioned. This morning tried the manual upload which succeeded but cannot view the activities, now can.

For manual upload,

1. Login to Garmin Connect.

2. On the menu bar there is an Upload button on the right.

3. Select the button.

4. Garmin Connect will search for a device.

5. Your device should be shown, if not click on "change" and select it.

6. Select upload new activities

Alternatively,

1. You may want to check if your activities are already in the folder pending upload at

C:\Documents and Settings\<login-name>\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\<device number>\Garmin Connect\Pending Uploads.

2. If yes, then at Step (5) select "Upload from a list"

3. select My computer and browse to the above folder

4. select the *.tcx individually,

5. select the "upload activities from file" button

hi

does anyone know if it works on Mac or only Windows?

Thanks

Last night had the same symptoms as you mentioned. This morning tried the manual upload which succeeded but cannot view the activities, now can.

For manual upload,

1. Login to Garmin Connect.

2. On the menu bar there is an Upload button on the right.

3. Select the button.

4. Garmin Connect will search for a device.

5. Your device should be shown, if not click on "change" and select it.

6. Select upload new activities

Alternatively,

1. You may want to check if your activities are already in the folder pending upload at

C:\Documents and Settings\<login-name>\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\<device number>\Garmin Connect\Pending Uploads.

2. If yes, then at Step (5) select "Upload from a list"

3. select My computer and browse to the above folder

4. select the *.tcx individually,

5. select the "upload activities from file" button