Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coffeeking

Garmin 405 - Buy Local!

if u do a compare..

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=...pareProduct=349

u can see the 305 is a multisport device... whereby the 405 is mostly a running device....

Many thanks :)

405 more suited for me. But, got to think hard, hard, hard, hard about buying it. Wished it was S$405 for the Forerunner 405 :rolleyes:

kcslchin,

my very initial interface with the 405 tells me it will be worth your $460....Just Get It :)

my very initial interface with the 405 tells me it will be worth your $460....Just Get It

Agree with dreamrunner. The FR405 is totally worth it.

if u do a compare..

u can see the 305 is a multisport device... whereby the 405 is mostly a running device....

405 more suited for me. But, got to think hard, hard, hard, hard about buying it. Wished it was S$405 for the Forerunner 405 :rolleyes:

kcslchin,

my very initial interface with the 405 tells me it will be worth your $460....Just Get It :)

I can imagine. No more tedious plotting of run distance on mapmyrun.com........ ^_^

if u do a compare..

kcslchin,

dreamie baby! your hands and legs are very quick! tomorrow bring it to CBP and show off leh!

if u do a compare..

kcslchin,

dreamie baby! your hands and legs are very quick! tomorrow bring it to CBP and show off leh!

Dream should also bring it for i-runs route which twists and turns. ;)

if u do a compare..

kcslchin,

acidburn in fact has brought it for i-runs at River Promenade, and International Business Park....very accurate. I will try it at the other I-Run in CBP to help me determine actual 3km, 5km, 10km distances. Will feedback once I use the 405 sufficiently.

if u do a compare..

kcslchin,

acidburn in fact has brought it for i-runs at River Promenade, and International Business Park....very accurate. I will try it at the other I-Run in CBP to help me determine actual 3km, 5km, 10km distances. Will feedback once I use the 405 sufficiently.

so are you bringing it tomorrow or not?

summary...

Perfect watch... 460 without hrm, 460+70 with hrm (gst included)

parissilk @ hv - $524.30 with hrm ( gst included), no price for without hrm

i think i will wait till next year.. .already have a garmin FR305, and a polar S625x... so i think i will wait till next yer then get....

I checked with Parissilk too, and they quoted $457 (incl. GST)....however, you have to order and probably get the device in 2-3 days.

with hrm?

summary...

Perfect watch... 460 without hrm, 460+70 with hrm (gst included)

parissilk @ hv - $524.30 with hrm ( gst included), no price for without hrm

i think i will wait till next year.. .already have a garmin FR305, and a polar S625x... so i think i will wait till next yer then get....

I checked with Parissilk too, and they quoted $457 (incl. GST)....however, you have to order and probably get the device in 2-3 days.

with hrm?

Dun think so. Should be price w/o hrm.

if u do a compare..

kcslchin,

:smilie_daumen1: await for yr review... ^_^

I also gotta the 405 from Perfect watch. Went for a run with the watch yesterday.

Found that it was quite heavy as compared to my previous Polar rs200.

Does anyone know where to get the latest Singapore Map?

The GTC software is showing the outdated map.

Sealboon, please check your PM. I've PM you the instruction on how to upload our Spore map into the GTC.

Yoz Dream, you are super fast man! So you gonna play with your new toy at CBP tonight? :Big Grin:

Got my Garmin 405 from PerfectWatch for $460. The friendly salesperson, Rick mentioned they have 18 pieces left (all black, but he will order some green ones if there is demand).

Will try it out soon.

All Forerunner 405 owners, Garmin has just released a new firmware version 2.30. Please do update into your device.

Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:

1) Increased trackpoint resolution when turning or changing speeds.

2) Fixed issue where low or zero speed could be recorded at turns.

3) Fixed issue where poor GPS reception could cause an incorrect distance in the track log.

4) Updated translations.

5) Changes to support manufacturing.

Sealboon, please check your PM. I've PM you the instruction on how to upload our Spore map into the GTC.

Hi Acidburn

Can you also show me how to install the S'pore map as well? Thanks. :)

Hi Acidburn

Can you also show me how to install the S'pore map as well? Thanks. :)

Hi Acidburn,

Could you show me too?

Thanks!

Steps to get and upload Spore map into your GTC:

1) Go to http://www.malsingmaps.com/forums/viewtopi...p?f=26&t=23

2) Download the file "GM-MySin.exe"

3) Run the above exe file

4) Install at the same location where you had installed your GTC software.

To check whether the malsing map is loaded into your GTC:

1) Run your GTC software.

2) On the "Map" tab, there is a drop down menu, you should be able to see the maps available for your selection. The default one is the "PC Basemap" that comes with the GTC, and the other one which is the malsing map "GM-Malaysia/Singapore v2.25" which you had just installed.

And if you like to get the latest malsing map (version v2.29) from www.malsingmaps.com, you need to join and registered with them. Version 2.25 is for public, and Version 2.29 is locked only to registered member.

Thanks for sharing, AcidB. :)

2) On the "Map" tab, there is a drop down menu, you should be able to see to map available for your selection. The default one is the "PC Basemap", and the other one which is the malsing map "GM-Malaysia/Singapore v2.25"

And if you like to get the latest malsing map (version v2.29) from www.malsingmaps.com, you need to join and registered with them. Version 2.25 is for public, and Version 2.29 is locked only to registered member.

2) On the "Map" tab, there is a drop down menu, you should be able to see the maps available for your selection. The default one is the "PC Basemap" that comes with the GTC, and the other one which is the malsing map "GM-Malaysia/Singapore v2.25" which you had just installed.

acidburn,

u r a genius :hail: thanks!

Great stuff man. thx.

Somethings I noticed when trying out my 405 over the weekend:

1. a "clicking" sound when running, like something loose inside it. Is this usual ?

2. the strap near the watch face is not flexible enough to go round my small wrist and is painful after a 90min run. Anyone has an idea to ease the pain ?

1) I do not have that kind of sound you mentioned. Maybe you can join the Pacer Training, and can compared and listen together.

2) The 405 base is much longer, and makes the flexible strip longer also. This makes it loose for those with smaller wrist, especially the ladies. And it doesn't comes with a short strip like the 205 or 305. What I can think of is try wearing on your right wrist as your right tends to be bigger than your left. Or you can wear a wrist band below it.

Great stuff man. thx.

Somethings I noticed when trying out my 405 over the weekend:

1. a "clicking" sound when running, like something loose inside it. Is this usual ?

2. the strap near the watch face is not flexible enough to go round my small wrist and is painful after a 90min run. Anyone has an idea to ease the pain ?

i have a small wrists. so 405 is not meant for me.

i have re-calibrated my Polar again, this wed i-run ibp let's compare again. c u.

So you re-calibrated for your tempo strikes is it? And if normal strikes, you have to re-calibrate it again is it?

i have a small wrists. so 405 is not meant for me.

i have re-calibrated my Polar again, this wed i-run ibp let's compare again. c u.