Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coffeeking

Garmin 405 - Buy Local!

what is the battery life of the 405?

If fully charge 100% with GPS on and running, it will last for about 6-8 hrs, but if you just use it as watch (not running) it will last for about 3-4 days base on my 3 mths usage :)

Hey those 405 owners, does your screen have that battery icon on it (refer to the pic below)? Mine don't have leh....

405black.jpg

For those who are currently interested in getting your Garmin FR 405/305s,

hold your horses!

I have a friend who owns a watch shop and might be able to get better prices for us.

With local warranty!

To confirm by this weekend.

Please pm me with your contact number for faster replies.

hahaha really good news.....this should have come earlier.....hahaha :Big Grin:

hold your horses!

I have a friend who owns a watch shop and might be able to get better prices for us.

With local warranty!

Hey those 405 owners, does your screen have that battery icon on it (refer to the pic below)? Mine don't have leh....

405black.jpg

Mine don't have as well, i got mine locally!

405black.jpg

Mine don't have as well, i got mine locally!

Mine don't have it as well. Local purchase set and update firmware.

Ok, thanks all! Mine also don't have. Thought maybe I am the only one don't have. But this is weird, US sets is having a different firmware version?

Those bought online from the states, can verified whether you have the battery icon?

Ok, thanks all! Mine also don't have. Thought maybe I am the only one don't have. But this is weird, US sets is having a different firmware version?

Those bought online from the states, can verified whether you have the battery icon?

i guess u have read e manual completely. i think there shud be battery icon activation somewhere in e settings/setup.

like show icon or something.

oh i forgot, both of us are in IT..so no problem following technical manual hehe..

what is the battery life of the 405?

Got mine on Tue, charged it. Tried out the GPS feature over the last 2 days driving to and from work total about 2 hrs. Battery life now showed 69%.

405black.jpg

Nope

hold your horses!

With local warranty!

Thanks swift555. Will wait for your update.

hold your horses!

With local warranty!

Thanks swift555. Will wait for your update.

swift555,

thanks for the swift response. Shall await your swift reply :smilie_daumen1:

just got mine at $460 as well from Perfect Watch. Think they have no more stock for this weekend. Better call before going down.

You can probably buy the HRM for $80.

Those who have expressed interest in the 405 group buy,

please check your pm for updated info and reply to speed things up.

Thanks.

OK guys, this is the deal. At Merdeka, no more stock. At Hoan, $550 with HRM, $475 without HRM, discount of only $2 per piece for 5-6 pieces. At All Bright, no more stock. At Perfect, $540 with HRM, $470 without HRM and no discount for 5-6 pieces. So, looks like we'll have to get it from Perfect at SLS, and since no discount might as well go individually and buy. I don't know if I should wait for the MAC version due next month.

halo cruiser, you mean there's a Mac version for garmin 405? urm, so if i buy the current version and i only have Mac Book at home, i can't connect to the notebook? :/

OK guys, this is the deal. At Merdeka, no more stock. At Hoan, $550 with HRM, $475 without HRM, discount of only $2 per piece for 5-6 pieces. At All Bright, no more stock. At Perfect, $540 with HRM, $470 without HRM and no discount for 5-6 pieces. So, looks like we'll have to get it from Perfect at SLS, and since no discount might as well go individually and buy. I don't know if I should wait for the MAC version due next month.

halo cruiser, you mean there's a Mac version for garmin 405? urm, so if i buy the current version and i only have Mac Book at home, i can't connect to the notebook? :/

the softeware that does all the syncing and graphs.. do not support mac as of now. its being said that it will come out next month...

Yup! The MAC version is due next month in the US, hopefully also in Sing. I've got an iMac, the mrs uses a pc, so i'm still ok with the pc version. But guys, listen to this! I BOUGHT MY GARMIN FR 405 TODAY! From Parisilk at Holland V, thay are authorized dealers too. I paid $524.30 ( it's $490 before GST). It comes with HRM. For guys looking for the 405 without HRM, am not sure as the 405 box has already got the HRM packed in it. This is the cheapest price for the FR 405 so far. They've got only 3 more pieces, all black. Good luck guys.

Yup! The MAC version is due next month in the US, hopefully also in Sing. I've got an iMac, the mrs uses a pc, so i'm still ok with the pc version. But guys, listen to this! I BOUGHT MY GARMIN FR 405 TODAY! From Parisilk at Holland V, thay are authorized dealers too. I paid $524.30 ( it's $490 before GST). It comes with HRM. For guys looking for the 405 without HRM, am not sure as the 405 box has already got the HRM packed in it. This is the cheapest price for the FR 405 so far. They've got only 3 more pieces, all black. Good luck guys.

thanks cruiser... :smilie_daumen1: so that means i have to wait for the mac version liao...

btw, thanks hellhole too... :)

Got my Garmin 405 from PerfectWatch for $460. The friendly salesperson, Rick mentioned they have 18 pieces left (all black, but he will order some green ones if there is demand).

Will try it out soon.

summary...

Perfect watch... 460 without hrm, 460+70 with hrm (gst included)

parissilk @ hv - $524.30 with hrm ( gst included), no price for without hrm

i think i will wait till next year.. .already have a garmin FR305, and a polar S625x... so i think i will wait till next yer then get....

summary...

i think i will wait till next year.. .already have a garmin FR305, and a polar S625x... so i think i will wait till next yer then get....

:Confused: I'm confused. Is 405 or 305 better or has more features? Why does Garmin's website list the prices of 305 and 405 as below:

Forerunner 405: 297.01 USD

Forerunner 305: 299.99 USD

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142

summary...

I checked with Parissilk too, and they quoted $457 (incl. GST)....however, you have to order and probably get the device in 2-3 days.