Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coffeeking

Garmin 405 - Buy Local!

Those thinking of getting the Garmin 405, check out the shops in SLS/SLT.

Bought the Garmin 405 from Amazon 2 weeks ago for US$349.99. Today got the invoice for the total cost.

Watch $499.44 (US349.99)

Cost, Insurance and Freight $10.22

Custom GST 7% (>S$400) $35.68

vPost wt charge (incl GST) $11.91

vPost base charge (half) $6.62 (bought 1 other item)

Total $563.87 !! :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Hi,

Did you check for warranty? Does it comes with an international warranty?

For those buying Garmin, it wld be good to get it locally. Sorry to upset you coffeeking :( but previously when i had my Garmin 305, it had some problems and I had wanted to send it for repair but the local distributor in Singapore told me that the warranty from Amazon is not covered and I have to pay an administrative charge of $120 to send it for repair.

Luckily, my watch was within the 30 days return period from Amazon and thus I shipped it back to Amazon and gotten a refund to get my Garmin 405 locally at $550 with HRM. Price might have dropped right now and I advise those interested to call the shops to check for prices. :)

No idea man, have not receive it yet, prob next week.

Keeping my fingers cross that it will be trouble free. :Praying:

Think I will stick to buying only blurays and books from Amazon. :Straight Face:

Bought the Garmin 405 from Amazon 2 weeks ago for US$349.99. Today got the invoice for the total cost.

Thanks for the info coffeeking. Buying this weekend from SLS.

SLS can check out perfect watch... SLT can check out HOAN both on the first floor...

update us on the price!!! :D

SLS can check out perfect watch... SLT can check out HOAN both on the first floor...

update us on the price!!! :D

if gather a few people, maybe can ask for better discount? also good from the servicing point of view. Should we list down who is keen to get this Garmin 405?

1) cruiser

2) hellhole

3) DreamRunner (without HRM)

4)

5)

if gather a few people, maybe can ask for better discount? also good from the servicing point of view. Should we list down who is keen to get this Garmin 405?

1) cruiser

2) hellhole

4)

5)

Hi Dreamrunner,

i'm also interested in buying one without HRM.

Sealboon

No idea man, have not receive it yet, prob next week.

Keeping my fingers cross that it will be trouble free. :Praying:

Think I will stick to buying only blurays and books from Amazon. :Straight Face:

Just got my 405. No int'l warranty. :( Hope it doesn't breakdown.

Dream, just a note that normally these shops don't carried alot of sets, as the stock movement is very slow. And also not many shops sell without HRM.

1) cruiser

2) hellhole

4)

5)

Am thinking of getting the Garmin 60CSX for those trekking and 'end of the world' scenarios ...

so i might just tag along with you folks if you are buying your 405s ... :)

er.. who finding out the prices ???

Was wondering that myself. I don't think the shopkeepers would give discounts over the phone though. Hmmm....

er.. who finding out the prices ???

Was wondering that myself. I don't think the shopkeepers would give discounts over the phone though. Hmmm....

guys, I really couldn't find the time to go down to make enquiries....anyone doing it, I'll be pleased to hop along with the bulk order :)

I'll try to go down to Sim Lim sq & tower today or tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

hey cruiser,

count me in as one of the numbers if it adds any weight to your price negotiations at all.

Thanks for keeping us posted....I will find time to go down and get it soon....:)

Go to Perfect Watch, start with $420 (without HRM) and $500 (with HRM) for bulk purchases. FYI, I bought my 405 for $460 (without HRM).

I'll try to go down to Sim Lim sq & tower today or tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

You are the most busy man here....running Mon - Sun :Big Grin: So when you got your 405, you will be in the less than 5min pacer group :Big Grin:

guys, I really couldn't find the time to go down to make enquiries....anyone doing it, I'll be pleased to hop along with the bulk order :)

Someone from here bought it online. But the price come out to be the same cuz of the delivery charges.

One disadvantage of buying overseas is the warranty part. For Garmin, if you didn't buy from the distributor here, they will charge you a fee when you sent in for repair.

is it cheaper to buy oversea???

Someone from here bought it online. But the price come out to be the same cuz of the delivery charges.

One disadvantage of buying overseas is the warranty part. For Garmin, if you didn't buy from the distributor here, they will charge you a fee when you sent in for repair.

I mean buy from US directly. Not online.

Yeah.. the warranty part is troublesome... I've read somewhere they charge 100 plus right?

How come no international warranty :(

405 (without HRM)

USD$300 x 1.4 = S$420 (I bought at S$460)

Slightly cheaper if you say buy from the states and not online. You going to the states ar?

Yeah.. the warranty part is troublesome... I've read somewhere they charge 100 plus right?

405 (without HRM)

Slightly cheaper if you say buy from the states and not online. You going to the states ar?

hehe I was thinking of buying online too, but hor got freight cost and now GST for above $400. I guess will take a while for it to drop and savings must be $50 upwards to be worth it.

405 (without HRM)

ummm... so about the same.

let's see how. Does not really need it now. thanks for the info.