Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terry

LunarCake Celebration Run

lol i still remember terry's momentarily stunned face when someone told him a slice of durian mooncake was 600 calories when he was eating it hahaha.

OOPS! :X Kena Exposed. Think Passion has a picture of that!

lol i still remember terry's momentarily stunned face when someone told him a slice of durian mooncake was 600 calories when he was eating it hahaha.

oh shit, that much? oh well, who cares! all logic goes on the wayside when the aroma hits your senses :)

Thank you everyone for coming!

It was an unexpected turn out for today's Lunarcake Celebration! I have had lotsa fun and get to experience "childhood" again. It was fun with the paper lanterns, hello kitty and dear daniel, dolphine and powerpuff girls!

See you all for the next festive run okie!

just uploaded a few pics here: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=689820637

thanks terry & the Team FatBird for organising! it was fantastic...

think every1 thoroughly enjoyed tnite, even the many first timers.

mooncakes, lanterns, pomelos... reminds me of those RC kids walk. blast from the past :P

looking forward to the Hari Raya, Deepavali & Xmas runs!

a very warm and nice LunarCake Celebration by the River Promenade...romantic too...hehe

thanks to the great effort by Terry, FruitLoops, Niwas and gang, contributions of those yummilicious mooncake by Byron, ckoksing and many others, lanterns from DO, Raven, as well as the fun-loving, always-laughing company of babes and hunks of SgRunners and I-Runners....really enjoyable....and yes, the weather was immaculate this evening....it took a long time for the group to move away from the FatBird Statue to the Kopi Rendevous :)

oh shit, that much? oh well, who cares! all logic goes on the wayside when the aroma hits your senses :)

no la don't think so. but still quite high.

i ate 4 pieces la. 2 yokes and 2 durian. also i had one 'pig in a basket' whatever you call that!

WOOOHOOOO! who wanna follow me to mustafa to get hello kitty oil lamps for deeeeeeeepavali!

i'll follow u froots..!!!can hav a deepavali run oso..!!!lolll

i ate 4 pieces la. 2 yokes and 2 durian. also i had one 'pig in a basket' whatever you call that!

WOOOHOOOO! who wanna follow me to mustafa to get hello kitty oil lamps for deeeeeeeepavali!

SO HIGH? Siao liao.

I eat one slide of durian mooncake. half of the vegetarian mooncake. cham cham

eh no la i said i dunno lol. i dunno what it is, anyway i remembered it was Cokiee who said it (if i remembered correctly), can go ask him. but anyway, u probably burned more energy running than the energy value of the mooncakes (if u ran hard enough :P).

although i remember reading in the straits times a year back or so that one normal mooncake was about 1000 calories. but got run then never mind la haha.

It was really great fun last night, and great meeting the i-run group and team fatbird again. And some of the new faces which I had met first time.

As usual, the i-run 7km was fast and furious with many fast runners. Ya.....another thing about this i-run at RP is that you have to be extra careful when running along clarke quay, as quite alot of pedestrain walking along there, and not forgetting the diners/waiters. If you are not careful, might bump into the pedestrain or waiters. Imagine if the waiters is carrying something, there goes the food hahaha!!!

The Lunarcake celebration started immediately after the i-run cool down. DO was really busy last night, distributing lanterns, fireworks stick, mooncakes, etch hahaha!! The mooncake was nice, especially the durian one, which gone in matter of mins.

Thanks to Terry and those who had involved in this event. Can see alot of us enjoying ourselves last night.

Thanks Everyone... It was Fun.... :Party:

Psst DO sifu....you still owe me a run :tongue_smilie:

You guys have done a great job in promoting good health and fitness to the participants.

Cheers

Ultra

Thanks Everyone... It was Fun.... :Party:

Psst DO sifu....you still owe me a run :tongue_smilie:

You guys have done a great job in promoting good health and fitness to the participants.

Cheers

Ultra

Sifu... U did run around the FatBird Statue at 3 min pace!!!!! :Big Grin: haha... U are caught with Hello Kitty in yr hands??? :Tounge: Thanks for dropping by..... :Party:

my first i-run -- felt like a reunion with many running pals whom i hv not met for mths! thanks to wend88 n team fatbird for showing me the 5km route (so many twists and turns till i blurred) :wacko: wah, bonus to have performances at esplanade and indie music during warm down :lol: a can of ice-cold 100plus after the run is heavenly!

thanks for the mooncakes, firework n lanterns! erhm, how come the pomelo not peel har?? :P DO was busy "promoting" the mooncakes to everyone!

eh yesterday that lady who took our pics.. she said something like she gonna post it on straits time.. she's joking right? ><

you know how much revenue money it is to have your photo on ST? (:

(revenue loss for them i mean, heh!)

Hey guys.. just wanna confirm the accuracy of my new toy.. that polar.. it recorded 6.6KM.. is it true? I done a calibration before but i just dun really trust 'him'.. :unsure:

eh yesterday that lady who took our pics.. she said something like she gonna post it on straits time.. she's joking right? ><

jialat leh if she put!

probably be titled "clarke quay monkey mooncake runners."

It was an unexpected turn out for today's Lunarcake Celebration! I have had lotsa fun and get to experience "childhood" again. It was fun with the paper lanterns, hello kitty and dear daniel, dolphine and powerpuff girls!

just uploaded a few pics here: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=689820637

mooncakes, lanterns, pomelos... reminds me of those RC kids walk. blast from the past :P

Hi Byron.. i can't seem to be able to access the link.. is it becos i dun have facebook? :wacko:

Hi Byron.. i can't seem to be able to access the link.. is it becos i dun have facebook? :wacko:

hi spencer, i have facebook, but it did not open as well..!!!

Thanks.. so i'm not the odd one out.. HENG AH! :Big Grin:

but i can see leh! =x

hi spencer, give this Facebook link a try: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=689820637

if still can't access @ FB, the originals are also avail at http://www.flickr.com/photos/voux/sets/72157607228373938

(view the individual photos & click on "All Sizes" tab to get the originals)

let me know how that goes. cheers!

hi spencer, give this Facebook link a try: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=689820637

if still can't access @ FB, the originals are also avail at http://www.flickr.com/photos/voux/sets/72157607228373938

(view the individual photos & click on "All Sizes" tab to get the originals)

let me know how that goes. cheers!

yo bryon, still cannot access through de link for facebook, but de flicker one can..!!! thanks

great to see that u fellas were having so much fun! Haiz had too much things on hand actually wanted to go down but could not at the last minute...btw one of the photos where Frootloops was holding a bunch of sparklers is there a puff of smoke coz to me it looks like a rabbit....hmmm very interesting shot.