Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

Not to worry spencer, like what Ultra had said to us before, what goes up must come down.....so every up slope there sure will be a down slope.......then when going down, you can relax liao ma....

I recall when I ran RUN NUS.. the down slope caused me suffered from ITBS.. so it's not so relax afterall.. :unsure:

arlo friend, up-slope you can chiong, but down-slope please be easy on your legs.

I agree... down-slope is the most damaging to our legs!!! Eh... expecially Vigilante Drive... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T RUN DOWN!!! *phew*

yah yah.. nowaday i reserved when running down slope.. :Big Grin:

Not to worry spencer, like what Ultra had said to us before, what goes up must come down.....so every up slope there sure will be a down slope.......then when going down, you can relax liao ma....
Thanks for the run yesterday.. enjoyed myself but quite siong on the upslope.. not too sure if I could handle GE30K.. :Praying:

Here's some of the pic took: SAFRA MF

u can do the GE30 km slopes :) they are quite fun :D

i quote my old man. "there is no flat at GE 30km. it is either an up slope or a down slope"

hahahaha....

HaHa. Ya I remember he says the same thing to me as well after we all resting there.

But they got free flow food. :P

Just to entice those who're still sitting on the fence (fatbirds can't, unfortunately. They tend to roll to either side..) :

Last i counted, there was..

-Powerbar recovery drink

-Cendol

-Tauhuey

-Pau

-Water

AND of course there's the customary post-run makan.. One year we all went to a hotel for jap buffet. Should we do it again?

Dream! DO! where art thou!

AND of course there's the customary post-run makan.. One year we all went to a hotel for jap buffet. Should we do it again?

That's provided that we can chop chop go back..

Just to entice those who're still sitting on the fence (fatbirds can't, unfortunately. They tend to roll to either side..) :

-Powerbar recovery drink

-Cendol

-Tauhuey

-Pau

-Water

this time I want to try the Chendol....so much food previously that I didn't have a chance to :whistle:

Just heard from someone that Shangri-la international buffet at 90riinggit is even more sedap than the Equatorial Jap....and dress-code is informal too.

-Powerbar recovery drink

-Cendol

-Tauhuey

-Pau

-Water

i remember that buffet :) it was filling :D

this time I want to try the Chendol....so much food previously that I didn't have a chance to :whistle:

Just heard from someone that Shangri-la international buffet at 90riinggit is even more sedap than the Equatorial Jap....and dress-code is informal too.

Since its informal it makes it even more appealing!

But 90 ringit is slightly more expensive than the equatorial one i think?

The local running calendar in 2009 looks set to be another exciting one, from the 2nd rendition of the Sundown Ultra-Marathon to the SCKL Marathon in June and of course the year-end SCSM, interspersed with many intermediate-distance events like the NewtonActive Run, Shape Run, Human Race Run, AHM, et al.

To prepare runners (esp. the new ones) for some of these events, we are exploring the possibility of getting together for weekly base training workouts of briskwalk-jog-run on weekends eg. Friday evenings, Sat mornings at ECP, Sunday morning LSDs at various locations islandwide. Those who are keen to join in please keep a lookout for announcements and discussions in Team FatBird's facebook or in the BLOG.

Let's look forward to yet another exciting year of runs and fellowship.

Cheers!

Dear Friends!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Re-live the memories of 2008 now with our photo gallery, where you can photos from our events, gatherings and runs.

Click Here to find out more!

Cheers!

Terry

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

We are planning to have a pre-CNY weekend run this Saturday at The F2 Carpark @ ECP.

Time: 7am run-off

Distance: 18-24km

Route: F2 -> Changi Coastal Road -> Back

Pace: 6min-7.5min/km OTOT

Logistics/Hydration: Bring Your Own

Makan After Run: Old Airport Road Market

Take this opportunity to get our engines warmed up for the upcoming Sundown Marathon in May.

All are welcomed to join us for the run.

Just say 'hello' when you see us.

Would luv to join Wknd ECP LSDs. Though will be out of town this wknd... Hope to see you all for the River Hong Bao Run.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Cheers!

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

We are planning to have a pre-CNY weekend run this Saturday at The F2 Carpark @ ECP.

Take this opportunity to get our engines warmed up for the upcoming Sundown Marathon in May.

Why not Fort Road to PCN and back? At least got lots of water points along the way. :Big Grin:

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

Why not Fort Road to PCN and back? At least got lots of water points along the way. :Big Grin:

must show off their fuel belts mah! =D

no la i think its because fort road the ground very hard. make ur knees cui easily =(

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

I too think that logistically it is friendly to have toliet and water points along the way.

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

I too think that logistically it is friendly to have toliet and water points along the way.

Can run from F2 towards Fort Road and back...depends on the majority on the day....I'm flexible with this one :)

no la i think its because fort road the ground very hard. make ur knees cui easily =(

If your run on the Cycle/Skate track, its the same road surface as the Changi Coastal Road la. :Thinking:

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

I want to join, but I am working on Saturday morning... Might bump into you guys though, as I am working at about 730am, and will be driving through the road leading to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.

Sunday got run a not?

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

Can run from F2 towards Fort Road and back...depends on the majority on the day....I'm flexible with this one :)

Hi FatBirdz & Frenz,

Weather Forecast Saturday: Afternoon showers

Cya all tomorrow morning...:)

Good weather, nice turnout of 22 runners....many were back from SCSM08 to start up again

Met many other groups like David Tay's, too family, sgrunners, wee, all out ramping up their mileage :)

FatBirdz & Frenz were chatting about upcoming Sundown preparations, and egging one another to go for it...seems like we will have to prepare for more regular runs...

this morning was not my day....I was hit so bad by diarrhoea, and lost so much water, that I hit the 'wall' at the 10km mark....my legs felt like jelly, and I was reduced to walking 1km, running 200m....wahsey, the worst feeling I have felt in a long time...

Thanks to the group for waiting for me patiently, and showing concern....apologies I could not join you all for the sumptuous makan, as my stomach was churning real bad...I am feeling slightly better now (at home), but still feeling weak.....it is not any of the CNY cookies/bak kwa as my family all seem fine....hope I recover in time for the big reunion meal tomorrow...

all said, a good run for the whole group....cya all at the River Hong-Bao i-RUN next Thursday (Jan29)...cheers!

Good weather, nice turnout of 22 runners....many were back from SCSM08 to start up again

Met many other groups like David Tay's, too family, sgrunners, wee, all out ramping up their mileage :)

FatBirdz & Frenz were chatting about upcoming Sundown preparations, and egging one another to go for it...seems like we will have to prepare for more regular runs...

this morning was not my day....I was hit so bad by diarrhoea, and lost so much water, that I hit the 'wall' at the 10km mark....my legs felt like jelly, and I was reduced to walking 1km, running 200m....wahsey, the worst feeling I have felt in a long time...

Thanks to the group for waiting for me patiently, and showing concern....apologies I could not join you all for the sumptuous makan, as my stomach was churning real bad...I am feeling slightly better now (at home), but still feeling weak.....it is not any of the CNY cookies/bak kwa as my family all seem fine....hope I recover in time for the big reunion meal tomorrow...

all said, a good run for the whole group....cya all at the River Hong-Bao i-RUN next Thursday (Jan29)...cheers!

Yoz sifu DR... we (Tin / Nomad / SP Cher and I) were running @ ECP this morning too... guess we missed u guys as we started @ different carpark... Will join u all next time to train for Sundown : )

Hope u quickly get well soon... lotsa New Year goodies awaiting for u... hehehe...

btw, not sure if cokiees managed to help the lady recover her lost wallet...