Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

jacko,

sure, the route and timing details as follows, courtesy of Bug:

21 Dec, Sunday, LSD - 18km, 23km

==========================

Start: 7:15am

Route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/singapore/singapore/692107162 (18km)

Pace: 6:30min/km average

Route: Rolling Hills

For those who needs extra distance, dun return to club from HendersonRd..proceed to go up MorseRd to MF hill top and

down via KgBahru then return via TelokBlangahRise (+5km)

hi guys/gals, tis training plan is part of our MF safra run for tis coming sunday.

u're most welcome to join us for the run.

few things to note:

1. be there by 7am, i shall give a briefing on the route. if u're not sure of the route, try 'stick with' somebody who are familiar with it. - meet infront of the club house, juz outside Ya Kun kopi & bread shop.

2. be careful when crossing roads

3. carry hydration and $, there's petrol kiosk, vending machines along the way..and some toilet break pts.

Water points/toilets:

- Petrol kiosks along PasirPanjang Road

- NUS Cheers store infront of Yusoff Ishak House

- Vending machine at bus stop along road infront of NUS central library

- NUS Cheers store (loop back to same point)

- KentRidge Park Toilet area (vending machine available)

- PasirPanjang Road (Petrol Kiosks again)

- TelokBlangah Road Petrol Kiosk

- Petrol Kiosk juz pass henderson rd junction, before gog up MorseRd

- MF hill top toilet (behind cafe, near viewing point area)

- Mama Shop along TelokBlangahRise

4. if u need a place to deposit yr bags, our running club store room be open before the run start for u to place yr stuffs.

5. For safra members, pls bring along yr safra cards to gain access to the swimming pool area for shower after yr run.

For non-safra members, u can make use of the shower cubicle inside the toilets near the badminton hall area.

6. For parking, u can either park inside Safra or at public carpark behind the HDB blocks juz opp MF safra.

Cya..Cheers :)

jacko,

For those who needs extra distance, dun return to club from HendersonRd..proceed to go up MorseRd to MF hill top and

hi guys/gals, tis training plan is part of our MF safra run for tis coming sunday.

few things to note:

1. be there by 7am, i shall give a briefing on the route. if u're not sure of the route, try 'stick with' somebody who are familiar with it. - meet infront of the club house, juz outside Ya Kun kopi & bread shop.

3. carry hydration and $, there's petrol kiosk, vending machines along the way..and some toilet break pts.

Water points/toilets:

4. if u need a place to deposit yr bags, our running club store room be open before the run start for u to place yr stuffs.

5. For safra members, pls bring along yr safra cards to gain access to the swimming pool area for shower after yr run.

For non-safra members, u can make use of the shower cubicle inside the toilets near the badminton hall area.

6. For parking, u can either park inside Safra or at public carpark behind the HDB blocks juz opp MF safra.

Bug,

thanks providing details and coordinating instructions of this run.

Cokiee/Brokie,

appreciate if you can help to update this to post #1 of this FatBird Training thread.

Thanks all for your continued interest in such training runs. Cya. Cheers!

Woke up @ 4pm???!!!! What time did you slept last night??!!!!

Initially, thought that this morning run was a 2 x 10km loop. My intention was to stop after the 1st loop, so can run the TT later of the day. But in end, it was a 1 big 20km. Then decided not to go for the TT as might not even qualified the lowest rank. So decided to wait till Feb then go for it.

Wow....congrats you and Irunalot!!!.....get lost still can qualify ar? Damn good lah!!!.....

didnt manage to catch you guys this morning. woke up at 4pm, decided to go for a short run.. so went to MR to do the TT, expecting to meet Earth and Acid there.

in the end onli met RealRunner, Raven and Irunalot.

Very interesting, Irunalot and I got lost, but still managed to qualify =D

and MR has a new carpark! very happening!!!!

Woke up @ 4pm???!!!! What time did you slept last night??!!!!

Initially, thought that this morning run was a 2 x 10km loop. My intention was to stop after the 1st loop, so can run the TT later of the day. But in end, it was a 1 big 20km. Then decided not to go for the TT as might not even qualified the lowest rank. So decided to wait till Feb then go for it.

Wow....congrats you and Irunalot!!!.....get lost still can qualify ar? Damn good lah!!!.....

didnt manage to catch you guys this morning. woke up at 4pm, decided to go for a short run.. so went to MR to do the TT, expecting to meet Earth and Acid there.

in the end onli met RealRunner, Raven and Irunalot.

Very interesting, Irunalot and I got lost, but still managed to qualify =D

and MR has a new carpark! very happening!!!!

barely made it, see la you always overly kiasu!

but my voomero, tights and singlet are all muddy...zzz.

jacko,

few things to note:

Water points/toilets:

Wah... so much fun smelling flowers at MR.. ^_^

Bug.. me looking forward to sunday's MF run n laksa... :cool_grin: Cya...

jacko,

few things to note:

Water points/toilets:

Depot Road's Claypot laksa?? yummy, c u ppl.

DO, haven't seen you lately, where you MIA to ar?

DO - heard you have not been feeling well. Take good care and recover soon! :)

Appreciation and thanks for organising the nice run this morning. It was great to return to MR (despite the killer slopes!) after a 17 years' break!

Thanks Ultra for the 100+ and oranges; and Beng/Suan for the bananas.

Good run in the MR trails this morning...about 20+ started in light drizzle, and all completed in fine form....*wow*

thanks to Ultra for the drinks and mandarin oranges, Beng/Suan for the bananas.

The monkeys and Kayano's good friend were away from the rain...hehe

Lots of changes at MR....the MR25 TT route is so well paved now...wahsey, luxurious for the animals lah....haha

It was a nice scenic 20km recovery run.....next weekend will visit the NUS Slopes from SAFRA MF.... :smilie_daumen1:

few things to note:

Water points/toilets:

Bug,

thanks providing details and coordinating instructions of this run.

Cokiee/Brokie,

appreciate if you can help to update this to post #1 of this FatBird Training thread.

Thanks all for your continued interest in such training runs. Cya. Cheers!

Wah! Seems like old times man. I will join you all from the start but divert home after 9.5km point. Good luck chionging the central library slope after 10k!

DO - heard you have not been feeling well. Take good care and recover soon! :)

Appreciation and thanks for organising the nice run this morning. It was great to return to MR (despite the killer slopes!) after a 17 years' break!

Thanks Ultra for the 100+ and oranges; and Beng/Suan for the bananas.

Good run in the MR trails this morning...about 20+ started in light drizzle, and all completed in fine form....*wow*

Lots of changes at MR....the MR25 TT route is so well paved now...wahsey, luxurious for the animals lah....haha

It was a nice scenic 20km recovery run.....next weekend will visit the NUS Slopes from SAFRA MF.... :smilie_daumen1:

kopibaby,

thanks for your cam and helping to take the customary after-run group photos :)

can you upload them so we can include them into the FatBird Photo Album?

btw, you did a strong run....you are slated for bigger things, erm. I mean slopes to come in future runs...hehe

Wah! Seems like old times man. I will join you all from the start but divert home after 9.5km point. Good luck chionging the central library slope after 10k!

yes, it is always like good times when you run up/down the slopes along Central Library...part of the route passes the famed NUS Hill Run (although not the very tough portions)....the journey to scenic Kent Ridge Park will be well worth the trip...it has been some time (since we started marathon pacer training and i-runs with Team FatBird) since I have gone back...can't wait for a run down 'memory' lane :)

sorry 4 not able 2 join u guys @ MR on sun... had problems limping outa my room. looks like i missed out a gr8 run... again! :sad: my legs itching 2 run!! am now heading 2 e doc's office 2 hv e problem fixed, hope 2 do a gd run tmr @ RP... cya tmr!

xiong run route w/e very xiong MF runners *grasp* if im gutsy enuf, will wait 4 u guys @ KRP. :Big Grin:

jacko,

few things to note:

Water points/toilets:

Wow passion.....you seems like slacking immediately after SCSM :Big Grin:

xiong run route w/e very xiong MF runners *grasp* if im gutsy enuf, will wait 4 u guys @ KRP. :Big Grin:

sorry 4 not able 2 join u guys @ MR on sun... had problems limping outa my room. looks like i missed out a gr8 run... again! :sad: my legs itching 2 run!! am now heading 2 e doc's office 2 hv e problem fixed, hope 2 do a gd run tmr @ RP... cya tmr!

jacko,

few things to note:

Water points/toilets:

Limping how to run tom? Better rest and grow fat. Otherwise injured worse how?

jacko,

few things to note:

Water points/toilets:

Limping how to run tom? Better rest and grow fat. Otherwise injured worse how?

who is limping? and why?

Passion, yr frinite party dance too much till limping?? ;)...take care and recover well before u start yr run..else gets worst. can always join us for makan after run :)

DO, Onz Lah..we shall quickly finish the run..and go whack Laksa with HUM and goes with

avocado milk shake :P

Cya :)

Passion, yr frinite party dance too much till limping?? ;)...take care and recover well before u start yr run..else gets worst. can always join us for makan after run :)

DO, Onz Lah..we shall quickly finish the run..and go whack Laksa with HUM and goes with

WAaaa.....so hungry just thinking about it

then u have not heard of the famous LAKSA RUN? :Big Grin:

Not heard, but can participate right? avocado milk also nice nice...at the hawker opp queensway shopping is it?

shhhh...that run is onli reserved for hardcore Laksa runners oni and be warn is can be very HUMful :P

Hopefully will be able to make it this sun for MF run.. I need to do some work at SAFRA MF as well as Henderson Wave as well.. hehe..

shhhh...that run is onli reserved for hardcore Laksa runners oni and be warn is can be very HUMful :P

Mai Hum mai hum.. mai hum mai hum mai hum~.. mai hum mai hum mai hum.. haha..

They have increased the price $3.50 (S), $4.50 (M), and $5.50 (L). I believe if you add additional cockles, they will charge you $1.

After that, can go queensway shopping? :Big Grin:

Wow....this route alot of slopes man!

Yeah. I think so too. I almost fainted when I see the slope from West coast highway to Buana vista. haha!

Yeah. I think so too. I almost fainted when I see the slope from West coast highway to Buana vista. haha!

wait till you have to run up VD. :Nail Biting:

don't ask what... don't ask me why....

find out yourself. :Big Grin:

if you are doing GE 30km, this is good for you.