Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

Any chance team fatbird is planning to pace @ SunDown? :)

Think they did mentioned that it may be difficult to do so as part of the route are dark and narrow.

Would like to thanks all the Sub 5 pacers. I was following you all throughout the whole journey until the last 3-4 click where i starts to slow down(still keep looking out at the balloons) but manage to catch up at the esplanade point. It my first sub 5 so happy never thought i would did it as i only did 10k training on my own only.

Thanks to all FatBirds Pacers, Pacees and Friends for the support and encouragement!

Its not easy being a pacer when we are not running our own race but the race of many others following behind and it gets stressful with questions from people like "u sure u on time?".. "is that the correct pace" and etc.

However, Its definitely a very worthwhile experience cheering on the runners on the last few 100 metres and helping many cross the finishing line according to our pace group timings.

Cheers to all the Team FatBird Pacers on a job well done! It has been my pleasure working with each and everyone of you! Special thanks for my Group Leaders ZCO and Beverly (Mrs DreamRunner), it has been a pleasure to be a part of this team. Hope we will have opportunity to work together again!

And not forgetting the pacees for following us and having the faith in each and everyone of us! Congrats on finishing the race! Till then! follow our pace! win your race! :)

Terry you're most welcome it's been a pleasure working with the 5.30hrs pacer group and certainly too would love to work together as a team. Its very nice to see when pacees start breaking off from the group with a "thank you pacer and move on"

Beverly thanks for showing us the ropes experiences from the past races it helped very much.

2 thumbs up to all the team fatbird pacers!!

Hi Fatbird pacers, thanks for the good work. I was following the 5:30 for most part of the run. It was definitely not easy to pace in a huge crowd of runners, but you guys did great. Thanks once again.

My thanks goes to DO and his 4hr30min pacers. Thank you Thank you.

You can read more about my experience in the Fatbird Pacers thread.

Triproton.. i remember u... U were doing very steady pace! :Applause: Congrats for yr great timing... :cheers:

I would like to thank Kayano for helping out with the balloons in the morning. Kayano did not run but still offered to help fill up balloons for the pacers and taking pictures of them. So i consider him one of the pacers, Kayano Bro, you're a great guy (and i think that's an understatement), thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart. :)

:hail:

Big thanks to all the fatbird pacers for the job well done and months of effort in preparations.

Also DO who encouraged me at 37km when I started walking after feeling nausea probably from drinking too much water, BIG 10Q!

He was arrowing many runners around to continue running. In the end manage to clock a PB (4:18 chip time) although suspect the finishing pose not very nice, haha... :D

Wah.. Phoenix, U chionged after my nagging.... Well Done n Congrats for yr PB!! :smilie_daumen1:

I would like to to be first to THANK the half marathon pacers! Achieved my goal of sub-2 :)

When I registered for this race, I wrote down on the form that 2hr30min was my expected time of completion. I'm very happy with what I've achieved, with Fatbird's help.

Even though I joined Team Fatbird's weekend training sessions rather late, it definitely did help. ros is a good pacer. I also got a few running tips from DO too :cheers:

Hope we can do this again next year.

Thanks again! :smilie_daumen1:

irunalot... Congrats.... :Applause:

I ran the 10km so I didn't see the pacers only until 1km near the finishing line. I saw the 4:30 pacers, and I think you guys are very motivating! *claps* The pacers just kept zig zag, trying to get from one runner to the other, through the mass walking crowd, to motivate and encourage them. *claps* :Applause:

P/S: I think the pacers looks extraordinarily cool in their cool pacer running tops!

Goldilocks... Thanks.. :) Really... Sassy n me look that "Cool".. honestly, we are just as tired as the other marathoners, just taking the opportunity to slack while cheering them on.. :lol:

i would like to thank one of the 4:30 pacer; but i'm not sure who's he? cos i ran with him and he stopped half way thru, i think due to injuries. hope you are doing fine if u are reading this post. thou i did not get sub 4:30 but i achieved my PB.

thanks for your pacing thou :D

and to all fatbird pacers, good job!

It has been an enjoyable session running with 4:45 pacers during the last 3km. :) Especially the last stretch, when we all hold hands past the finishing line, hahaha.... It is nice to see how we can motivate and encourage others to go that extra mile despite the fatigue. :)

Nice meeting you all, 4:45 pacers.

I would like to thank one of the 4:30 pacer (not sure which of them but wear shades and kept encouraging other runners throughout the journey after 35km indicating there's still 3-4 minutes ahead). Thanks for the encouragement and pacing. If not I guess i would have walked even more!

i would like to thank one of the 4:30 pacer; but i'm not sure who's he? cos i ran with him and he stopped half way thru, i think due to injuries. hope you are doing fine if u are reading this post. thou i did not get sub 4:30 but i achieved my PB.

thanks for your pacing thou :D

and to all fatbird pacers, good job!

i think that would be cfred84..

but we are all really human and circum to unforseen injuries even on race day =)

I ran the 10km so I didn't see the pacers only until 1km near the finishing line. I saw the 4:30 pacers, and I think you guys are very motivating! *claps* The pacers just kept zig zag, trying to get from one runner to the other, through the mass walking crowd, to motivate and encourage them. *claps* :Applause:

P/S: I think the pacers looks extraordinarily cool in their cool pacer running tops!

Goldilocks... Thanks.. :) Really... Sassy n me look that "Cool".. honestly, we are just as tired as the other marathoners, just taking the opportunity to slack while cheering them on.. :lol:

DO!! Why you say out our secret?! Yah I was on the verge of cramping up, had diarrhoea and damn tired alr (that's what the shades are for - not to look cool but to hide my tiredness)...haha!!

Anyways, it was fun but at the same time tough being a pacer. But the feeling of satisfaction when you know you have helped someone or even many people whom you don't even know, achieve their desired timing or just merely pushing them the extra mile, is really great..

Thanks TFB for giving me this chance to be a pacer, to contribute to those running in SCSM08 and to experience the difficulties of running as a pacer... I'm glad I joined this year's marathon as a pacer because I got to achieve a good timing for my first marathon also because I was running with pacers (DO and DR).

Cheers to all TFB and Addidas pacers! You guys rawk!

The aching 4:30 pacer

Yoz OrangeGuy, were you one of the adidas 4;45 pacer?.....nice meeting you. Hope that moment when the 4:45 TeamFatbird and Adidas pacer hold hands together reaching the finished line was captured on camera....it will be a memorable photo to be kept :)

It has been an enjoyable session running with 4:45 pacers during the last 3km. :) Especially the last stretch, when we all hold hands past the finishing line, hahaha.... It is nice to see how we can motivate and encourage others to go that extra mile despite the fatigue. :)

Nice meeting you all, 4:45 pacers.

DO,

I owe my timing to you and your team! When I started marathon, I was thinking that I could only do a 4.45 to 5.00, but you spurred us on!!

As I was behind you most of the time, I could see very clearly the number of people following your team. I estimate that at one point, there must have been at least 20-30 following your team!! It was like a big running blob stretched across the running route. So, how does it feel like having the weight of all these runner's aspiration resting on your and your team's shoulders?

The pacing times on the team's t-shirt was a fantastic idea!

Well Done Team Fatbird Pacers & Pacees !

I just want to put on record this for Team FatBird as a non-participant runner.

You sow the seed and nurture the vision to do it even though there were some critics and opposition.

You put in the efforts that no one can understand except the pacers and the pacees.

You put in the dedications and when the going get tough, the tough get going

You did not waver under pressure to give up.

Instead you JUST DO IT with your actions and the testimonies speak volumes of your dedications and selfless contributions to the running community.

You helped many runners achieved their finishing timings be it 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00, 5:15 and 5:30 hours.

At the last turn of the 150 metre towards the Finishing line, you slow down to encourage and motivate other runners who are about to stop and walk.

One of our 4:00hr FatBird runner reached the Finsihing line but did not cross it instead he was pacing up and down to motivate and cheer other runners to go on, the Finish Line is just right ahead.

That's is what a pacer is towards the end. Encouraging and cheering others to the Finish line.

Congratulation Team Fatbird. You Just Do It !

Cheers !

Kayano

Team FatBird members,

Each of you have done very well and you delivered on time !

That is the testimony that you can be proud of in your all running exploits.

I am uploading the photos now and will provide the url link via email to Team Fatbird.

Cheers !

Kayano

A job well delivered by the 4:45 pacers:

4h:44m:8s (gun) / 4h:42m:56s (net)

Acid, were you one of the 4:45 pacers? Thanks again.

Hello!

Pacers are very inspiring! :cheers:

Though I intend to finish the Full by 6 hours, when I spotted the Team Fatbirds (5:30) and the adidas (5:15) along the route, I was thinking, "Can I finish with them meh?".

Well I lost them after awhile, but they inspired me to go further in my 1st Standard Chartered marathon, which is a very feel-good run and I'm ecstatic with my sub-6 timing. Woo hoo!

The balloons was a great idea as Team Fatbirds can be easily spotted from a distance. Cheers and this is a great last run of 2008!

Yup, I am.....and you are most welcomed!!

A job well delivered by the 4:45 pacers:

4h:44m:8s (gun) / 4h:42m:56s (net)

Acid, were you one of the 4:45 pacers? Thanks again.

Hi Fatbird pacers, thanks for the good work. I was following the 5:30 for most part of the run. It was definitely not easy to pace in a huge crowd of runners, but you guys did great. Thanks once again.

Hi kpaxsoh!

You have done well!. Congrats on finishing the marathon! :)

Meet again soon!

My sincere thanks for the fatbird sub5 pacers who were spurring me for the last 10km. I never knew I can complete a marathon and further more complete it below sub5 for my first "accidental" attempt.

Thanks you so much again! It has been a completely painful but unforgetable experience! Now I am wishing for more! Hopefully, fatbird will be having pacers again for the coming sundown marathons!

many thanks to frootloops and all the 515 pacers.

i had 1 helluva good time attaining my target of under 515 for my 1st marathon. :Big Grin:

edwin, hows the ITB doing? (:

lawl. everytime u see me u run ahead, like i got SARS or something.

btw did you get your qualifying time? you and aileen burning rubber leh xD

ITB is flared, but used to it alr.

many thanks to frootloops and all the 515 pacers.

i had 1 helluva good time attaining my target of under 515 for my 1st marathon. :Big Grin:

edwin, hows the ITB doing? (:

lawl. everytime u see me u run ahead, like i got SARS or something.

btw did you get your qualifying time? you and aileen burning rubber leh xD

ITB is flared, but used to it alr.

follow after me AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS LAWL

team fatbird and adidas pacer are equally great for taking the pacer job =D