Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

hi the Pacers group definitely did a good job today..not like those i seen in some earlier cases,

where anyhow run..some too fast, some too slow.

onbehalf of my bro-in-law, would like to thank the 4hr pacing group..u guys help lead my

bro-in-law to his 1st sub-4 (3:59). He has join u guys for some of the training sessions at ECP too. He was so glad that his target was achieved..especially thks to Anthony :cheers:

many thanks to frootloops and all the 515 pacers.

i had 1 helluva good time attaining my target of under 515 for my 1st marathon. :Big Grin:

edwin, hows the ITB doing? (:

yup..... thumbs up to the Fatbird pacers..... u guys indeed helped me with my PB..... 4:00 fatbirds.... anyway why call Fatbirds??

anyway who are you guys?.... sgrunners volunteers?....

no matter what.... what all of u guys did were great.... *clap clap clap clap clap* :)

I ran the 10km so I didn't see the pacers only until 1km near the finishing line. I saw the 4:30 pacers, and I think you guys are very motivating! *claps* The pacers just kept zig zag, trying to get from one runner to the other, through the mass walking crowd, to motivate and encourage them. *claps* :Applause:

P/S: I think the pacers looks extraordinarily cool in their cool pacer running tops!

Big thanks to all the fatbird pacers for the job well done and months of effort in preparations.

Also DO who encouraged me at 37km when I started walking after feeling nausea probably from drinking too much water, BIG 10Q!

He was arrowing many runners around to continue running. In the end manage to clock a PB (4:18 chip time) although suspect the finishing pose not very nice, haha... :D

yup..... thumbs up to the Fatbird pacers..... u guys indeed helped me with my PB..... 4:00 fatbirds.... anyway why call Fatbirds??

anyway who are you guys?.... sgrunners volunteers?....

no matter what.... what all of u guys did were great.... *clap clap clap clap clap* :)

marvelkid,

you are welcome...

you can get a little more info about Team FatBird HERE>

Big thanks to all the fatbird pacers for the job well done and months of effort in preparations.

Also DO who encouraged me at 37km when I started walking after feeling nausea probably from drinking too much water, BIG 10Q!

He was arrowing many runners around to continue running. In the end manage to clock a PB (4:18 chip time) although suspect the finishing pose not very nice, haha... :D

well done phoenix!

all your training has paid off :)

I would like to to be first to THANK the half marathon pacers! Achieved my goal of sub-2 :)

When I registered for this race, I wrote down on the form that 2hr30min was my expected time of completion. I'm very happy with what I've achieved, with Fatbird's help.

Even though I joined Team Fatbird's weekend training sessions rather late, it definitely did help. ros is a good pacer. I also got a few running tips from DO too :cheers:

Hope we can do this again next year.

Thanks again! :smilie_daumen1:

I would like to to be first to THANK the half marathon pacers! Achieved my goal of sub-2 :)

When I registered for this race, I wrote down on the form that 2hr30min was my expected time of completion. I'm very happy with what I've achieved, with Fatbird's help.

Even though I joined Team Fatbird's weekend training sessions rather late, it definitely did help. ros is a good pacer. I also got a few running tips from DO too :cheers:

Hope we can do this again next year.

Thanks again! :smilie_daumen1:

irunalot, i thank you on my sister's behalf. she will be so happy to know that.

Thanks to all FatBirds Pacers, Pacees and Friends for the support and encouragement!

Its not easy being a pacer when we are not running our own race but the race of many others following behind and it gets stressful with questions from people like "u sure u on time?".. "is that the correct pace" and etc.

However, Its definitely a very worthwhile experience cheering on the runners on the last few 100 metres and helping many cross the finishing line according to our pace group timings.

Cheers to all the Team FatBird Pacers on a job well done! It has been my pleasure working with each and everyone of you! Special thanks for my Group Leaders ZCO and Beverly (Mrs DreamRunner), it has been a pleasure to be a part of this team. Hope we will have opportunity to work together again!

And not forgetting the pacees for following us and having the faith in each and everyone of us! Congrats on finishing the race! Till then! follow our pace! win your race! :)

Good job Terry!....You did well today!!

Thanks to all FatBirds Pacers, Pacees and Friends for the support and encouragement!

Its not easy being a pacer when we are not running our own race but the race of many others following behind and it gets stressful with questions from people like "u sure u on time?".. "is that the correct pace" and etc.

However, Its definitely a very worthwhile experience cheering on the runners on the last few 100 metres and helping many cross the finishing line according to our pace group timings.

Cheers to all the Team FatBird Pacers on a job well done! It has been my pleasure working with each and everyone of you! Special thanks for my Group Leaders ZCO and Beverly (Mrs DreamRunner), it has been a pleasure to be a part of this team. Hope we will have opportunity to work together again!

And not forgetting the pacees for following us and having the faith in each and everyone of us! Congrats on finishing the race! Till then! follow our pace! win your race! :)

Would like to extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the 4.45 pacers of Niwas, acidburn, KokSan and Heng.

I managed to find them at the starting point 3 mins before flag-off; I was so worried that I will be late! The coloured balloons are really a good idea!

Niwas' first words to me was "You OK?" - coz Niwas know about the panic attacks I was having before the race!. I gave him a thumbs-up sign and that set the mood for the run.

The 4 pacers were running together throughout; and it was nice. With the encouragement of KokSan and Heng, I broke away from the group at the 30km mark. I met DO at the 40km mark who was also very encouraging.

Thank you so much TFB pacers for your tips, support and encouragement during the training sessions and the run today. My only regret is not getting to know all of you much earlier. :) Thanks again!

The team spirit of the Fatbird was extremely strong and they were adequately trained and committed. Every pacer fulfilled their roles and aim towards only 1 direction. This is what a team work is all about. The past few months of hard work and training were catered for such a purpose and mission. I am proud of Team Fatbird and always a good friend to them. ^_^

I posted the following in the TFB Training Schedule thread but I think it deserves another mention here of the good job done by TFB pacers.

Well done, TFB and Thanks!

"

Would like to extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the 4.45 pacers of Niwas, acidburn, KokSan and Heng.

I managed to find them at the starting point 3 mins before flag-off; I was so worried that I will be late! The coloured balloons are really a good idea!

Niwas' first words to me was "You OK?" - coz Niwas know about the panic attacks I was having before the race!. I gave him a thumbs-up sign and that set the mood for the run.

The 4 pacers were running together throughout; and it was nice. With the encouragement of KokSan and Heng, I broke away from the group at the 30km mark. I met DO at the 40km mark who was also very encouraging.

Thank you so much TFB pacers for your tips, support and encouragement during the training sessions and the run today. My only regret is not getting to know all of you much earlier. Thanks again!

"

Yoz kopibaby, you did very well today, following us throughout the 30km till you broke-off. And I sure you are very happy when you see DO at the 40km mark, cuz you know that you are hitting a sub 4:30hrs. :Big Grin:

Thank you so much TFB pacers for your tips, support and encouragement during the training sessions and the run today. My only regret is not getting to know all of you much earlier. :) Thanks again!

hi the Pacers group definitely did a good job today..not like those i seen in some earlier cases,

where anyhow run..some too fast, some too slow.

onbehalf of my bro-in-law, would like to thank the 4hr pacing group..u guys help lead my

bro-in-law to his 1st sub-4 (3:59). He has join u guys for some of the training sessions at ECP too. He was so glad that his target was achieved..especially thks to Anthony :cheers:

Bug,

good news indeed for your bro-in-law....his training with TFB has certainly paid off....and of course, his success is due to his focused dedication and hard work....pls congratulate him for us :)

Thanks feetoffury. :redface:

Credit goes to the 445 pacers who did a great job and whom I followed for 3/4 of the run.

I heard you ran 4:28:xx, woohoo, fantastic!!

Credit goes to the 445 pacers who did a great job and whom I followed for 3/4 of the run.

Pssst kopibaby,

Are you by any chance "hinting" that you are likely to treat them for Kopi as a token of appreciation? :lol:

acidburn - thanks for your good pacing.

And yes, I thought I was halluncinating due to fatigue when I saw DO coz it was totally beyond my expectations! :Big Grin:

Yoz kopibaby, you did very well today, following us throughout the 30km till you broke-off. And I sure you are very happy when you see DO at the 40km mark, cuz you know that you are hitting a sub 4:30hrs. :Big Grin:

Kopi as token of appreciation - anytime! Starbucks, CoffeeBean, Spinellis, Ya Kun, Coffee & Toast, Kopitiam kopi or Nescafe 3-in-1!

As long as I don't have to drink the kopi myself coz I am allergic to kopi! :Tounge:

Pssst kopibaby,

Are you by any chance "hinting" that you are likely to treat them for Kopi as a token of appreciation? :lol:

Me too.. many thanks to the 4.30 pacers! And thanks for the encouragement along the way. I lost u guys after 30 km or sthg so got a little slack :P but still manage to complete within 4.30 according to watch time.

I was the gal in tights and last year's SCSM t-shirt.

Special thanks to all the 430 pacer if I hadn't follow your pace I would be one of the runner which will start walking at after the 27km road mark. thanks guys.

kopibaby, u did very well today, u were 15-18 mins ahead of ur target time..!!!is it ur pb today??? if so, Congrats...!!!!

hope to see ya very very soon..!!!hahah, tak care

and finally, thanks to all my fellow pacers..!!!!!

I posted the following in the TFB Training Schedule thread but I think it deserves another mention here of the good job done by TFB pacers.

Well done, TFB and Thanks!

"

Thank you so much TFB pacers for your tips, support and encouragement during the training sessions and the run today. My only regret is not getting to know all of you much earlier. Thanks again!

"