Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

but the heat will make 1 lust for water.... makes 1 thirsty so easily .....better drink more @ each station =D

Haha John boy, this is not Northface event where they serve us 100plus drinks with ice. If one drink too much water is also no good as it shall hindrance the performance. You can read this from other threads.

Frankly speaking, larger majority of the runners would not be carry much because they are aiming for the timing. You shall know what I mean when you carry extra to run on the actual day. You have 1:30 to 2:00 hours of window in the initiate run without the sun; seize this opportunity.

If a mere completion is the game, then perhaps it helps as the drinks could be running short when you come back after 5:00-6:00 hours. The worrying part is the final 5km, sometime they do run short a little if you are not the front pack.

And John boy, you are never a slow runner, in fact you are a sub 4 engine. ^_^

Ultra

Haha...thks for the infor. Would not be running w water bottle as the water stations seem quite well located between one another. Just intend to put maybe 1 gel, 1 energy bar, key and a bag of jelly beans in my back pocket (hope it doesn't burst). Who wants jelly beans come and get from me that day hor, while stocks last :)

Gd run this morn! Did about 20k as tuesday have IPPT so conserve some energy. Pretty hot after 8.30am. We should be out of fort road on actual day so good for conditioning :)

hmmm...did you join us for the FatBird run this morning...if so, can you link your name/face to your nick? This old bird very hard to keep track of all the new and young birds lor...hehe

U're are a very fast bird ok! I'm in red singlet w PI tights. Face dunno how to link...not too ugly, got hair and not greying yet, human size is XS or S. I'm a guy btw in case u think I look like my avatar. Like that can?

ok...haha...not gal har? but your avatar really look very shwe...hehe

I think there were a couple of guys in red singlet....no problem....u can identify yourself when the group photos come out :)

You followed which Pace Group? Hope you had a good run today in what is surely one of the tougher ones compared to those few weeks back.

Haha...group photo maybe blocked. Followed 4:30 pace group initially then dropped back for toilet and then ran ahead when they go for toilet break. Turned around at traffic lights for 20k and come back 1h57m.

Noticed that holding water bottle seems to affect running quite a bit right? Need to use more effort

Hi Phoenix,

You need not carry any bottle on the actual day as they do serve the drinks sufficiently. Every gm will weigh like 1kg after 35km mark. Traditionally I would not be carrying any bottle on the actual event. It's up to your own preference. :)

Ultra

Haha...thks for the infor. Would not be running w water bottle as the water stations seem quite well located between one another. Just intend to put maybe 1 gel, 1 energy bar, key and a bag of jelly beans in my back pocket (hope it doesn't burst). Who wants jelly beans come and get from me that day hor, while stocks last :)

Can I meet u BEFORE 7dec instead?? :He He:

Forgot to get from the bicycle shop.

Can I meet u BEFORE 7dec instead?? :He He:

Forgot to get from the bicycle shop.

Bicycle shop sell beans one meh? U tell me wet market sound more logical. :tongue_smilie:

You coming for the next sunday run? Pass u that day? I don't have a lot really so you still hv to prep your gels.

Bicycle shop sell beans one meh? U tell me wet market sound more logical. :tongue_smilie:

You coming for the next sunday run? Pass u that day? I don't have a lot really so you still hv to prep your gels.

hehe...kidding only :P. I will get from the bicyle shop at ECP. They selling like 5 packs for 10 bucks.

but the heat will make 1 lust for water.... makes 1 thirsty so easily .....better drink more @ each station =D

Haha John boy, this is not Northface event where they serve us 100plus drinks with ice. If one drink too much water is also no good as it shall hindrance the performance. You can read this from other threads.

Frankly speaking, larger majority of the runners would not be carry much because they are aiming for the timing. You shall know what I mean when you carry extra to run on the actual day. You have 1:30 to 2:00 hours of window in the initiate run without the sun; seize this opportunity.

If a mere completion is the game, then perhaps it helps as the drinks could be running short when you come back after 5:00-6:00 hours. The worrying part is the final 5km, sometime they do run short a little if you are not the front pack.

Ultra

nono la .... i tested out on my body..... not only northface or wad so ever.... NB RR was fine becos of the sufficent water point i would say..... but apparoching the end @ the taxi run way...for those who took part i think can feel the heat .....and the lust for water is v strong.... ( let alone nice and chilled 100+ ! )

hot weather in shaded place is fine.... but when exposed to the sun..... its really v irritating.... it just so hard to maintain the speed, i even slow down to prevent my body for over heating ! but i am still learning to cope with it la .... =D

Good run today.. a lil hot n humid especially towards the end

but its good training for race day conditions just in case its a hot day!

Thanks for the heavenly icy 100 plus at the end point... 2 more wks to go

Everyone train/taper well n remain injury free :)

Ultra

no worries about running out of water in SCSM. this big event have very good logistics...

this is from me, a super slow runner who take almost 7 hours to complete the marathon last year...

still got a lot of water during the final 5km...

Thanks for organising the training. It was a good run for me today, at least I managed to sustained running the main bulk of the 24km as compared to the one last week.

Kudos to Team FB! =)

*I was the big sized guy with white sleeveless and grey shorts, running with the 5:30hr pace group, but eventually dropped to running alone due to insufficient water on the return leg off NSRCC.*

nono la .... i tested out on my body..... not only northface or wad so ever.... NB RR was fine becos of the sufficent water point i would say..... but apparoching the end @ the taxi run way...for those who took part i think can feel the heat .....and the lust for water is v strong.... ( let alone nice and chilled 100+ ! )

hot weather in shaded place is fine.... but when exposed to the sun..... its really v irritating.... it just so hard to maintain the speed, i even slow down to prevent my body for over heating ! but i am still learning to cope with it la .... =D

What some of us did was we poured cold water on our head + body during the final phase of the marathon. To keep one cool when the weather is really hot. ^_^

I saw the fatbird team when i did my run earlier this morning :P

Around 8am,i saw you people at area D running in cadence? ^_^

I was doing my own practice using the siglap park connector to ECP area C4 to area F & back to siglap park connector to bedok reservoir park.

Hey Trailblazer I saw you, I was with the 21km pacers. You were so fast and overtook us, I didnt have the chance to say hi.

Really?I am not that fast lah :redface: Thanks!Yep,I was wearing SCSM 07 blue singlet and a white sweatband ^_^

Like what i mentioned earlier,i was doing a 20km run with 1hrs 50mins and i had to run back to bedok reservoir park area. that is why i didn't stop to say hi to you people =X

yes, how to identify TFB on race day? meeting at specific point/place before the race?

how to identify you guys on that day and what time markers are there?

yes, how to identify TFB on race day? meeting at specific point/place before the race?

kopibaby,

thanks for asking. Many are keen to know the identification of TFB at startline.

We are working out the final details and preparations, and will inform all the coordinating instructions and pace strategies a few days before the BIG DAY. Stay tuned :)

kopibaby,

thanks for asking. Many are keen to know the identification of TFB at startline.

We are working out the final details and preparations, and will inform all the coordinating instructions and pace strategies a few days before the BIG DAY. Stay tuned :)

*exciting* :Big Grin:

oooh, can't wait! :w00t:

kopibaby,

What some of us did was we poured cold water on our head + body during the final phase of the marathon. To keep one cool when the weather is really hot. ^_^

yes... i will tail behind u for SCSM.... rmb to take gd care of me .... =D

Hi all,

we are into the final week of the Team FatBird Marathon Training Program...please refer to Post #1 for this week's detailed schedule.

Just run with your normal best comfortable pace on the actual day. You shall do well for sure.

Just run with your normal best comfortable pace on the actual day. You shall do well for sure.

i think like u said.... slow down first.....after the first 21k... then decide to push or not to push ..... rmb to wait for la !

Thank you guys/gals for the company.

I slack and only did a 10km recovery run .. hehe. :Tounge: :Big Grin:

Got more slack then me or not.. :Big Grin:

Thank you guys/gals for the company.

I slack and only did a 10km recovery run .. hehe. :Tounge: :Big Grin:

Got more slack then me or not.. :Big Grin:

u were seen in rollers man...hehe

we should have a inline skate gathering after SCSM08 hor? :Big Grin: