Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

Actually my plan for this weekend is as such.

Sat: 38km (Fatbird training run)

Sun: 35km (MR25)

Cannot run too much as i got a inter formation soccer match on monday morning.

See you all on sat.

Cheers

RR3

You bring a whole new definition to the term "Relative".

Really leh. "Too much" is definitely relative here.

Our Road runner is a different league of gifted runner beyond any typical marathoner. Very fit and strong! :smilie_daumen1:

I'm grateful to have the advices from the sifus like ultra. That still alot for me to learn and improve on, and hopefully i can achieve my dream PB in 5 years time.

sub 3 hours.

For years we have yet to see a runner achieving sub 3 in this arena. It shall be a good news to see one in the making! :smilie_daumen1:

I'm grateful to have the advices from the sifus like ultra. That still alot for me to learn and improve on, and hopefully i can achieve my dream PB in 5 years time.

I am just an old bone sharing my limited knowledge and tips and hopefully it can help to add value to the running community. Other runners such as Dreamrunner and DO etc have done more than I in other aspects and they are more committed. :smilie_daumen1:

Ultra, you are too humble la.....

I am just an old bone sharing my limited knowledge and tips and hopefully it can help to add value to the running community. Other runners such as Dreamrunner and DO etc have done more than I in other aspects and they are more committed. :smilie_daumen1:

It was a nice run with you guys. Too bad I have to rush off to work and only managed to complete about 14km. Will try to join more runs in future.

Signed, the big guy in green sleeveless t-shirt and fuel belt.

For those who are joining the run, please eat and drink adequately to prevent any malfunction during the run. Avoid any unnecessarily hiccup or malfunction continuously from now till next few weeks as it can affect not only your physical self but also your psychological mind to run well on the actual day.

From now on, be alert to prevent injury and malfunction in your training.

Cheers.

Ultra

hi Ultra sifu,

pardon me if my question sound stupid and did i posted at the right thread?

u mentioned taking raisins during the run, i am keen to try it out. i bought the only one brand i can find in NTUC. its SUNMAID, red box packing, right? secondly, how do u carry it?

cheers!

hi Ultra sifu,

u mentioned taking raisins during the run, i am keen to try it out. i bought the only one brand i can find in NTUC. its SUNMAID, red box packing, right? secondly, how do u carry it?

cheers!

Hi msmurf,

I typically have a net like belt or fuel belt. Get the smaller box or pour it in the plastic bag, whichever is handy and easy for you to carry. Remember to sip some water after eating.

Ultra

hi Ultra sifu,

cheers!

Hi msmurf,

I typically have a net like belt or fuel belt. Get the smaller box or pour it in the plastic bag, whichever is handy and easy for you to carry. Remember to sip some water after eating.

Ultra

thank you for your prompt reply. that means have to spend money again.....this forum is poisoning.....power gel, skin, nimbus............haa...........but i must say i learn a lot and still learning.

ot: is it you last thur running along hong lim park toward i-run meeting place? wooooo thats very fast n furious n striking with your blinking LED light

thank you for your prompt reply. that means have to spend money again.....this forum is poisoning.....power gel, skin, nimbus............haa...........but i must say i learn a lot and still learning.

ot: is it you last thur running along hong lim park toward i-run meeting place? wooooo thats very fast n furious n striking with your blinking LED light

I am not a fast runner, I am just adopting constant pace. One day you shall be better and stronger than I if your passion of running is with you. Running is not just about run blindly...its a whole school of knowledge covering food, lifestyle, postures, techniques, humble character, techno attires etc etc. And I am still learning from one another.

Cheers.

Ultra

See you all on sat.

Cheers

RR3

Your 2 day mileage will be longer than my 1 week mileage. goodness i am slacking. dun seem to have the drive to run more. can it be a sign of burn out?

See you all on sat.

Cheers

RR3

Your 2 day mileage will be longer than my 1 week mileage. goodness i am slacking. dun seem to have the drive to run more. can it be a sign of burn out?

Cannot compare like this my friend....every runner is "gifted" in his/her own right. You just do what you can do best to do well. hahaha blames it to the hot weather ^_^

See you all on sat.

Cheers

RR3

same here >.<

nowadays very busy, then reach home shagged already. need to find some really big motivation to go run! haha.

See you all on sat.

Cheers

RR3

Just put in your best effort and come race day, you should be prepared, not to worry too much. Sometimes it's good to take a short break and come back fresh to run stronger and harder.

Just a random note:

The "battle" in a marathon begins after the 21km mark i.e. the 1st 21k should feel pretty easy and comfortable.

All the best to all in yr training in the run-up to SCSM.... 6 weeks to go!!!

what? i thought they say the race starts at 30k?

For some of us mortals, it starts at 21km mah...

I think I am nearer to Earth... started after abt 15km for me...

random note and not my own quote:

It is better to be 10 % undertrained than to be 10% overtrained

It's basically another source of energy. Rasins are just more natural, with some vitamins, and its real food, and easy to carry around. I've known people to use chocolate bars, too.

Personally for my long rides i use figs. (:

Oh okie....thanks cokiee :Big Grin:

It's basically another source of energy. Rasins are just more natural, with some vitamins, and its real food, and easy to carry around. I've known people to use chocolate bars, too.

See you all on sat.

Cheers

RR3

he ran more than i cycled. =X

yeah i like them because they are dry and taste like sugar (which is my second favourite food)

but i normally take with cereal (frootloops)

oh and raisins contain iron and improve bloody count, which is a good thing for runners..

random note and not my own quote:

It is better to be 10 % undertrained than to be 10% overtrained

the one i heard is...

better to be 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained...

Thanks Cokiee for the explanation :)

Yes, in the ultra marathon you can also try figs and/or dates. :smilie_daumen1:

Ultra sifu,

I'll try eating rasins in this Sun PI 30km, 1st time eating things during run hope everything turns out fine 4 me.

Ultra sifu,

I'll try eating rasins in this Sun PI 30km, 1st time eating things during run hope everything turns out fine 4 me.

If I am not mistaken, there is a monthly promotion at NTUC (valid till 31 Oct) which can last you for a few LSD training for just the price of 1 packet of power gel. :)

I can foresee the sales of raisins going up. I bought the white box yellow raisins. The raisins not only contains sugar, but sodium and potassium as well.