Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

Frankly speaking, its easier to run at your own pace than to pace in a fixed timing for others. This is more tougher.

Agree.... All that the pacers could do is to try to run close to the average speed (required for any time band) consistently over the distance.

My 1st run with the Pacers yesterday. Did about 26km incl the distance I ran from home.

Was running with Kok San (correct me if I'm wrong), ACleong and Byron for much of the journey towards CCR.

Pace was quite steady at just below 6 min/km accordin to my sportsband on the way there.

Decided to U-turn at the 1st traffic junction along the canal along with Byron.

After NSRCC picked up pace slightly and ran all the way to the Skating rink and called it a day

Total mileage clocked: about 26km in 2 hrs 32mins

Thanks for the company.. Some haven't seen for a long time!

Sorry couldnt stay and catch up cuz i had to rush home to complete another report due Tuesday!

Which im still struggling to finish as of now! Sheesh...

Frankly speaking, its easier to run at your own pace than to pace in a fixed timing for others. This is more tougher.

Agree.... All that the pacers could do is to try to run close to the average speed (required for any time band) consistently over the distance.

OK this Saturday will be a real fun to run. I'll double check my tights before the run! :smilie_daumen1:

It was a tough run yesterday learning to run at a constant pace. Very tiring!

I was supposed to do 4:45hr pace but not sure how should it be... so I positioned myself between the 5hr and the 4:30 pacers.. and found that I was the ONLY one doing that pace. So I ended up running with Fred and KS Tan (from IBP I-Run)who were doing 4:30...

I estimated we were running at slightly slower than 6min pace. So I used that to judge our distance and u-turned at the 4th shelter along CCR, where some Safra guys were waiting for their runners (and that's where the whatever event made its u-turn). I thot we shld hav covered abt 14km there. On the way back, met the 5hr group and they said we should've u-turn much further up. I was too lazy to turn around again. So I told KS we just continue...

When we came back, most ppl said they ran 28km. So I had to record something less -- 26.

So until now, I'm still not sure how far I ran yesterday... :/

Wow ... the way u guys run ... veri steady man ... :im Not Worthy:

Hmm ... :Nail Biting:

Wow ... the way u run with Sumiko ... veri steady man ... :im Not Worthy:

I was supposed to do 4:45hr pace but not sure how should it be... so I positioned myself between the 5hr and the 4:30 pacers.. and found that I was the ONLY one doing that pace. So I ended up running with Fred and KS Tan (from IBP I-Run)who were doing 4:30...

I estimated we were running at slightly slower than 6min pace. So I used that to judge our distance and u-turned at the 4th shelter along CCR, where some Safra guys were waiting for their runners (and that's where the whatever event made its u-turn). I thot we shld hav covered abt 14km there. On the way back, met the 5hr group and they said we should've u-turn much further up. I was too lazy to turn around again. So I told KS we just continue...

When we came back, most ppl said they ran 28km. So I had to record something less -- 26.

hey AC Leong, buy a Garmin and you will kknow exactly how far you run.

Wow ... the way u guys run ... veri steady man ... :im Not Worthy:

Psst KK you are not too bad yourself....you trained with a sub 3:30 runner, I was behind seeing your pace, quite well too :hail:

Haha sifu, thx for the kind words.

Those are jst her relax pace and I m jst trying hard to catch-up. After macD, she still want to do fartlek back to fort rd and I almost got killed ... haha :Black Eye:

Oops, enough OT. Back to the topic ... might drop-by next week and hope to catch the 4hr pace.

Hello!

Updated post 1. On the plan this week is still a 28k steady state, but as usual, feel free to go more if you want to do so.

Also the pacers will continue to try and run to pace.

I am also pleased to announce that the 5 hrs and 5:30 pace groups were on time today. (:

yo cokiee, thanks for encouraging mi to run the last lap yesterday... if not, i wld hv walked all the way... :blushing:

My pleasure. Actually it was also encouragement for myself, cause i really felt like stopping. (: Besides, part of a pacers' job is to encourage people around him to follow!

28km Steady State, East Coast Park, Playground@Big Splash, Meet 0645hrs.

Sat 18/10: Easy Run: 5 - 7km Easy, Own Time Own Target.

Sun 19/10: Recovery Run: 5 - 7km Easy, Own Time Own Target.

how come saturday is easy run? :Confused:

Oh dear i must'e made a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out, it should read:

Sat 18/10: 28km Steady State, East Coast Park, Playground@Big Splash, Meet 0645hrs.

But i've changed it already!

hey AC Leong, buy a Garmin and you will kknow exactly how far you run.

ooi, you got comms from Garmin arh?... just kidding... dont feel the need to be so accurate yet. But don't mind if got sponsor.. :Thinking:

Man....got 15km Real Run on Sunday. I would treat that as a recovery run after Saturday 30km pacer training. Must wear 2XU loh....no choice.

Hi Zco,

It was nice running with you. Was able to finish the run because of your good pace.

Finish the 28km in 3hr 15min. Very siong for me so far the longest I ever run.

I think I might have over train as I am only running half-M end of the year.

I was feeling OK after run however while I was having carrot cake with my wife in still road area. Few mins after finishing my plate of carrot cake suddenly I feeling my head was spinning and giddy.

I am not sure if I was knock out, my wife really panic luckily the other patrons there was very helpful. Someone help to support me and also apply medicate oil and get a doctor from a near clinic to check on me.

Doctor check my pulse and said I was OK. Most probably due to over training in the morning.

After resting for about 30mins in the coffee shop. I was feeling better and able to drive home.

I am wondering what went wrong, I had light breakfast before the run, hydrate myself through the run and yet this happen.

Have anyone experience this before? Any sifu here can enlighted me on the possible cause?

Hello to all Friends of FatBird!

Good Job Everyone! We're into Week 8 of our Marathon Training

Issue 04/2008 of our Marathon Training Special ENewsletter is now out. Click here to view!

What's in this issue?

1. Marathon Training Tip #4: Running Efficiently

2. 15 Week Training Programme: Week 8 Schedule

3. Special Feature: The NorthFace 100 Support Team (Special Reporting By FatBird Edwin aka FrootLoops)

4. Marathon Pacers Training Field Report #7 By FatBird Anthony

If you are interested in joining our mailing list for more updates on our training programmes and activities, please write an email with the subject "SUBSCRIBE" to teamfatbird@gmail.com.

Do PM me if you have any enquiries with regards to the enewsletter!

Train Safe!

FatBird Terry

I think my shoes are giving way. Both of my Mizuno shoes were bought 3 yrs ago and I develop foot pains whenever I run in them for long. Seems like the midsole is super hard now. Ill be looking to buy a .........Lunar! later on. So ya, can join lunar club? hahaha

NIce meeting u sleek! u from lunar club too right? any welcome party for me LOL

FRIEND!!! 3 years already! Please! They should have been thrown away long ago! So you got yourself a new pair of shoes already?

OH! 3 years very long ah. oops. Ive been running in them for training runs but cos I never clock up to marathon training kind of mileage usually, so I thought it was ok. Now thanks to Dream and Brokie, I know! But i dunno how to estimate how much mileage my shoes have gone through...

Anw, yes Lunar is a very comfy shoe! but the sizing is confusing. size 9 is too big, 8 too small, 8.5 feels slightly tighter than normal, but can do. so i bought 8.5. strange thing is, even for size 8 can see that my toes arent touching the front of the shoe, but yet i still feel as though I am! the LENGTH feels smaller than it looks (not width, i know its supposed to be a snug shoe) I guess its cos the toe box is quite shallow in terms of depth. looking at the shoe head on, it's easy to see so.

Hi Zco,

It was nice running with you. Was able to finish the run because of your good pace.

I was feeling OK after run however while I was having carrot cake with my wife in still road area. Few mins after finishing my plate of carrot cake suddenly I feeling my head was spinning and giddy.

I am not sure if I was knock out, my wife really panic luckily the other patrons there was very helpful. Someone help to support me and also apply medicate oil and get a doctor from a near clinic to check on me.

Doctor check my pulse and said I was OK. Most probably due to over training in the morning.

After resting for about 30mins in the coffee shop. I was feeling better and able to drive home.

I am wondering what went wrong, I had light breakfast before the run, hydrate myself through the run and yet this happen.

Have anyone experience this before? Any sifu here can enlighted me on the possible cause?

I'm thinking it could be because of overexertion form the run. Did you find yourself pushing very hard at any point? Any discomforts?

It could also be from the food you were having - a spike in blood sugar (of course this is just speculation).

Also prior medical history may be the cause - low blood sugar?

I used to have this "morning sickness" whenever I pushed too hard during execrise without warmng up however that was really many years back.

I have never experienced this "morning sickness" thing ever since I started running this year with proper warm up and slowly increasing my pace.

Sunday's run was tough however I did not feel any discomfort at all during and after the run.

The funny thing is that it strike about 2hrs after the run.

Why is there a delay effect? I am still trying to find out what is the cause.

Hi Zco,

Beng,

Take care and rest well. You have another run coming up this week end, the New Balance Real Run. Remember health matters there will always be another run. Take it easy.

I used to have this "morning sickness" whenever I pushed too hard during execrise without warmng up however that was really many years back.

I have never experienced this "morning sickness" thing ever since I started running this year with proper warm up and slowly increasing my pace.

Sunday's run was tough however I did not feel any discomfort at all during and after the run.

You could have been suffering from a mild Heat Stroke and not realizing it. The weather was extremely hushed on Sunday morning. And I guess many of the runners were not adequately hydrated during the run? And “dizziness” and "vomiting" are one of the Symptoms.

My mentor is "always listen to your body". Be extra careful in your next training..... 30km run is not a common cup of tea if you have a sudden surge in mileage without progressively.

Ultra

Beng,

you probably have worked too hard that morning, and have depleted your glycogen stores too much.

I have had a experience similar to yours when I initially (3 years back) started to ramp my mileage up to 24km, without taking breakfast. When I got back from the run, I went out immediately for some shopping. I felt faint and giddy midway, and broke out in cold sweat. A warm milo and a piece of cake, with some rest on the bench, helped to revive me then.

Hydrate and carbo-load, with a good breakfast for your next run. Cereal with a banana, topped with milo, should be able to bring you through 25km with no problems :)

Take care and rest well for the next run.

Dream

Beng.. I do experience yr kind of " morning sickness" after a Siong Run... when my sugar is too low or when my BP is too low too.. Take Care... :)

Oh no Brokie.......2 consecutive time already. Anyway, even if we are all gone.....there still always one person waiting for you right? hahaha! :Big Grin: .....so still not that bad after all la....

hmmm....maybe next time your 5h pacer group can do the caterpillar thing again so that you can return on time :Big Grin:

Sigh.... last sunday and today, by the time i finished my run, the sun was shining mercilessly on me and there was no a single soul left at end point. There was no cheering for me, no icy cold isotonic drinks for me, no one to chit-chat talk rot with me......

Nobody's fault but mine. I took a long time to come back. I really miss you people leh.

FYI. A safra tampines runner crashed with a cyclist was sent to the hospital in ambulance. the ambulance was there for the quadathlon along Changi Coast Road. The funny thing was the 2 party involved were not participants at all. And i think later on there was another crash because I was the ambulance and the mobile medic speeding away.

I was running along CCR towards Changi when the number of inline-skaters became more and more. I decided it was too treacherous to run so i stopped and watched them go by. heh... i lazy la... i slack.... then one participant told me to tell the bikers to get off the track so that there weren't be anymore accidents. er.... did i look like a marshal?

When i was on my way back to ECP. I saw a big group of people watching a lady in red doing some fishing in the water. as i got nearer then i realised that the lady was a model and the group of people were photographers.

acleong, this coming sat, we'll run together with Niwas in our 4:45hr pace group. Last Sun, didn't really followed the pace as I was running at my own pace.....wanna see how fast I can run after the TNF100 hahaha! :Big Grin:

I have the 405, and I've keyed in our 4:45hr pace into the "Virtual Partner" settings, and will also auto lap every 1km (will log the timing for every 1km). With the help of virtual partner, we will never run out of pace, so you guys just follow me this coming Sat.