Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

I think my shoes are giving way. Both of my Mizuno shoes were bought 3 yrs ago and I develop foot pains whenever I run in them for long. Seems like the midsole is super hard now. Ill be looking to buy a .........Lunar! later on. So ya, can join lunar club? hahaha

NIce meeting u sleek! u from lunar club too right? any welcome party for me LOL

Yeah! Join the Lunar Club! Then we get Chairman quincy to organise a party for Lunar Runners! :Party:

Nice to have met with you too! And your family of endurance athletes! :Applause:

The Lunar is a truly great cushioning shoes, only setback is the insoles, so probably need to get a new one or reused your comfy old ones. :cheers:

I think my shoes are giving way. Both of my Mizuno shoes were bought 3 yrs ago and I develop foot pains whenever I run in them for long. Seems like the midsole is super hard now. Ill be looking to buy a .........Lunar! later on. So ya, can join lunar club? hahaha

3 years ago? long overdue...

yes, Lunar Trainer will surely give you the cushy ride on that hard surface at ECP....better the shoe taking the shocks than your precious knees lah :)

train safe everyone! and have fun!

I shall be a good boy and stay home to rest as I am down with flu! Don't wish to spread the virus wor! Will join the pacers training next week!

:)

Was wondering where were you? Rest Well! :cheers:

So you not doing REAL Run next week? :rolleyes:

I am doing REAL Run.. but yeah think I will just run my best on that day. I am now kinda more focus on doing SCSM 08 well. :)

Sorry 530 Group that i didnt come today! Hope to recover ASAP so that I can join back next week! :)

I am doing REAL Run.. but yeah think I will just run my best on that day.

Will just use it as another training run. :Big Grin:

See you at the REAL Run! :cheers:

I divided the group into the Pacers and Pacees, then gave a quick brief of the route, before introducing the Pacers to the runners. We started off promptly at 7am, and very soon, the 3:45hr Pace Group was in front of DO, Ultra, Raven and I. There was a sizeable following for the 4hr Pace Group, and I was even pleasantly surprised to see Marcus and his friends from the TriFam Pace Team joining our FatBird Training....they too could be gunning for a 4hr finish this year...wow. SealBoon, HophIng, Cheow12, Alvo, and quite a few others were running along tightly. A quick browse behind showed YN and the many others following the 4:30hr Pace Group led by Charmane and Kok San...

MORE>>>

FRIEND!!! 3 years already! Please! They should have been thrown away long ago! So you got yourself a new pair of shoes already?

FRIEND!!! 3 years already! Please! They should have been thrown away long ago! So you got yourself a new pair of shoes already?

exactly... better listen to Dream and Brokie...

besides, even if you dun wear it often, your shoes will also break down by itself in the 3 years... :sweat:

was another great run this morn with ice cold 100plus waiting, thanks to the volunteers

thanks to Dream & DO for leading & i must say after the 14km u-turn wo them was tough to pace ourselves properly

came back in 2hr39min but was totally flat, it'll be very very tough with 14km more to go

got to miss next sat 30km training

Sigh.... last sunday and today, by the time i finished my run, the sun was shining mercilessly on me and there was no a single soul left at end point. There was no cheering for me, no icy cold isotonic drinks for me, no one to chit-chat talk rot with me......

Nobody's fault but mine. I took a long time to come back. I really miss you people leh.

FYI. A safra tampines runner crashed with a cyclist was sent to the hospital in ambulance. the ambulance was there for the quadathlon along Changi Coast Road. The funny thing was the 2 party involved were not participants at all. And i think later on there was another crash because I was the ambulance and the mobile medic speeding away.

I was running along CCR towards Changi when the number of inline-skaters became more and more. I decided it was too treacherous to run so i stopped and watched them go by. heh... i lazy la... i slack.... then one participant told me to tell the bikers to get off the track so that there weren't be anymore accidents. er.... did i look like a marshal?

When i was on my way back to ECP. I saw a big group of people watching a lady in red doing some fishing in the water. as i got nearer then i realised that the lady was a model and the group of people were photographers.

was another great run this morn with ice cold 100plus waiting, thanks to the volunteers

thanks to Dream & DO for leading & i must say after the 14km u-turn wo them was tough to pace ourselves properly

came back in 2hr39min but was totally flat, it'll be very very tough with 14km more to go

excuse me! you were there again? i think we are destined not to meet. :(

hello! i called u lah & i said u late huh, u replied ya ya....

so now i know u replied wo looking who hi to u hor

hey Yamsong,

you guys did great maintaining that pace all the way back....you were very strong, and even at times had the tendency to pull DO along at a faster pace....I had to tell you to slow down lah....haha...

With the progressive FatBird Marathon Training, you should be on track for sub-4hr....believe you can, and you will :)

alamak! you did! and i replied? er.... actually, many people who called out to me like know me very well but many times i really do not know who they are.

er... do me a favour. next time say "i'm yamsong! you late again har?"

okay, seriously, when did you see me?

alamak! you did! and i replied? er.... actually, many people who called out to me like know me very well but many times i really do not know who they are.

er... do me a favour. next time say "i'm yamsong! you late again har?"

okay, seriously, when did you see me?

saw u at changi coast road

ok ok if training falls on sun i'll join u guys again

so next time yamsong must wait until brokie back before he can be allowed to leave.. :Big Grin:

er... yamosng, this one spencer say one har... not i say one okay.

hey Yamsong,

you guys did great maintaining that pace all the way back....you were very strong, and even at times had the tendency to pull DO along at a faster pace....I had to tell you to slow down lah....haha...

With the progressive FatBird Marathon Training, you should be on track for sub-4hr....believe you can, and you will :)

haha i was following DO sifu pace & was happy to call him to slow down

i'm aiming to complete in 4hr30min but will stretch if feels good on actual day

thanks for the tips & hope to join in more training if it falls on sun

yo dudes,

nice to meet some of you folks today ...

had some good high temperature workout this morning ... did only like 18-19km ... (half-run half-walk) ... didn't start with you folks .. cos i was watching ironman world championship live (online) till 8am ... then made my way down to NSRCC and ran from there towards your meeting point ... then back to NSRCC

i thought it was only me that found it very hot ... but strangely there were alot of runners at ECP today... and even when i wore a 'disguise' (a hat to cover my botak head) .. quite a few folks from sgrunners and folks from PI run recognise me ... hahaaha

anyway all training is good training (no matter how slow i am :P) ...

look forward to doing a proper 20+km next week :)

so next time yamsong must wait until brokie back before he can be allowed to leave.. :Big Grin:

wahaha how come spencer din wait for brokie huh?

ok i promise to wait next time i go down for training

When i was on my way back to ECP. I saw a big group of people watching a lady in red doing some fishing in the water. as i got nearer then i realised that the lady was a model and the group of people were photographers.

ckoksing and I saw them too!! And we initially thought they were tourists... Until we saw this lady in red posing and people snapping away...We were so tempted to pose also!! Hahahah!! Weird location to do photo shoots though.. *scratch head*

Performed poorly for this week training. Initial decision was to do a 24KM.. but my stomach cannot tahan anymore, did not have dinner yesterday.. so I made a u-turn upon reaching the canal at CBP which my polar shown 10.5KM.. i was then thinking.. Ok la, 21KM just nice for half marathon training. But ended up too hungry cannot run anymore.. so i walk-a-jog for the entire return trip!!

Stop by many toilets to drink water.. was looking at the vendor machine for some cans of Milo being displayed.. but then.. no money so cannot buy, so i continued walking..

Finally reach back the end point.. so grab some isotonic water to heal my hunger.. ah.. after phototaking session went to Velocity for shower, eat subway and follow by collecting the race pack for NBRR. bump into cokiee, niwas, hophlng and one other (sorry, didn't get your nick) there and running lab. niwas caught me shopping alone again for the second time. the first was at funan running lab.. haha..

Sigh.... last sunday and today, by the time i finished my run, the sun was shining mercilessly on me and there was no a single soul left at end point. There was no cheering for me, no icy cold isotonic drinks for me, no one to chit-chat talk rot with me......

Nobody's fault but mine. I took a long time to come back. I really miss you people leh.

FYI. A safra tampines runner crashed with a cyclist was sent to the hospital in ambulance. the ambulance was there for the quadathlon along Changi Coast Road. The funny thing was the 2 party involved were not participants at all. And i think later on there was another crash because I was the ambulance and the mobile medic speeding away.

I was running along CCR towards Changi when the number of inline-skaters became more and more. I decided it was too treacherous to run so i stopped and watched them go by. heh... i lazy la... i slack.... then one participant told me to tell the bikers to get off the track so that there weren't be anymore accidents. er.... did i look like a marshal?

We waited and waited until the cows also cannot take it (hahaha). Next time I hide the drink in one corner especially for our Brokie, want? But this old bone needs to get off before 10am if not the whole day is really by gone. This coming Saturday will be the 30km run, this time I shall bring extra tights....man this morning run was indeed a "broken runner" in broad day light hahaha. Will wear 2XU for sure! Hmm….15km Real run the following day….how to run? Meaning my mileage = 45km on that weekend :sweat:

Becos i fated to see her everytime mahz.. haha..

hey Yamsong,

haha i was following DO sifu pace & was happy to call him to slow down

i'm aiming to complete in 4hr30min but will stretch if feels good on actual day

thanks for the tips & hope to join in more training if it falls on sun

I think this year we can see many more sub 4ers! Yamsong, pre-welcoming you to the club! BUT....train hard now and sickness free! :smilie_daumen1:

Performed poorly for this week training. Initial decision was to do a 24KM.. but my stomach cannot tahan anymore, did not have dinner yesterday.. so I made a u-turn upon reaching the canal at CBP which my polar shown 10.5KM.. i was then thinking.. Ok la, 21KM just nice for half marathon training. But ended up too hungry cannot run anymore.. so i walk-a-jog for the entire return trip!!

Stop by many toilets to drink water.. was looking at the vendor machine for some cans of Milo being displayed.. but then.. no money so cannot buy, so i continued walking..

Finally reach back the end point.. so grab some isotonic water to heal my hunger.. ah.. after phototaking session went to Velocity for shower, eat subway and follow by collecting the race pack for NBRR. bump into cokiee, niwas, hophlng and one other (sorry, didn't get your nick) there and running lab. niwas caught me shopping alone again for the second time. the first was at funan running lab.. haha..

spencer, i got money also cannot buy you know. the vending machines are not working! realrunner's wife and i were depending on the one at the last toilet along ECP and it played us out!

Becos i fated to see her everytime mahz.. haha..

no no no.... i must make a point to come back earlier... alamak! this means i have to run faster??? :Worried:

Remember to brings coins or small notes next time lor! :Big Grin:

Also u-turned at the Canal and I'm doing the full in Dec. :Worried: