Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

kk and NorthFacers,

gotta begin training with the Pacers liao, if you still have a target of 4hr for SCSM08 :tongue_smilie:

don't drop by, but have to plan to be there for the remaining sessions....mai tu liao :)

Hi Dream, I be there on sunday , but if my friend is late , than we will play catch up.

kk and NorthFacers,

gotta begin training with the Pacers liao, if you still have a target of 4hr for SCSM08 :tongue_smilie:

don't drop by, but have to plan to be there for the remaining sessions....mai tu liao :)

Hi Dream, I be there on sunday , but if my friend is late , than we will play catch up.

teelee,

no problem....just run in the direction of NSRCC/Changi Coastal Road and you will surely see the group of us...it will be quite a large one this coming Sunday, as more Pacers will be joining the team :)

Cya and your friends...bring them in your TLV lor :Big Grin:

Hey! Nice meeting you guys! =)

Thanks to FrootLoops, DO, yamsong, outrider, jeregoh(is tat the spelling?) and his "gay" partner(sorry i cant remb ur name) and many many others who were generous in their encouragements. They sure helped in helping me finish the run. =/ (Sorry that i cant remember all the people i've met today)

hmm, terry, i didnt see you. =/ Anyway i was wearing a white singlet with yellow shorts. =) and yup, i u-turn at the 18km mark. heh.

As i was jogging/walking back to B2 after passing the Bus park,i saw a sinful green truck. Its the all too familiar Milo van. Darn. The temptation for me to go off track and head down for a cup or two was too big. And well, i succumbed to the temptation. Drank 3 cups of the Ice Cold Milo "Kao" before i decided that i've sinned enough and went back to the track to continue my journey back to B2. I thought i would be the only one who succumbed to the irresistable temptation, till i was back at B2 and heard the rest talking abt it as well. And hey, i wasn't alone! Heh!

Sorry that i couldnt join you guys for lunch after the run. My dad called asking for the car back. =/ so i had to rush back without bidding farewell to you guys. =X

See you guys next week! Time to let my body recover. Knees hurt a little >.<

Btw, my name's Nivel. =)

Hey Nivel..

no worries.. just remember to "pay back" the next time u see me :P just like jeregoh's gaylo partner gilbert who said hi to me that day! :P

Glad u enjoyed the run! see ya this sunday if you're coming! by the way, there's a movie outing tomorrow too.. (oops PAISEH OT! But must do some marketing for my event :P) Check the Movie Thread for info or PM me if you're interested by 10am tml!! :P

Tomorrow there will be a quadthlon being held at ECP from 830am - 1pm. Heard Changi Coastal Road will be closed and Carpark 7 will be closed as well (from 5am - 1pm).

So we will not be able to run the stretch of coastal road I suppose (might have to do loops in ECP). And drivers, please reach there early to "chope" a parking lot...I think there will be alot of cars tmr.

Alright see ya guys tmr! :)

Cheerios,

SassyRunner

Tomorrow there will be a quadthlon being held at ECP from 830am - 1pm. Heard Changi Coastal Road will be closed and Carpark 7 will be closed as well (from 5am - 1pm).

So we will not be able to run the stretch of coastal road I suppose (might have to do loops in ECP). And drivers, please reach there early to "chope" a parking lot...I think there will be alot of cars tmr.

Cheerios,

SassyRunner

No doubt that ECP is part of SCM marathon route, but if situation does not allow us to do a decent run tomorrow at ECP and Coastal road, why not change the route, what about extending the running route towards the 1st part and end part of the actual SCM marathon run route towards marina area too (Maraina area can cover 10+km easily and no stopper, right?)….easily ended up in 25-28km boh? :/

Cheerios,

SassyRunner

No doubt that ECP is part of SCM marathon route, but if situation does not allow us to do a decent run tomorrow at ECP and Coastal road, why not change the route, what about extending the running route towards the 1st part and end part of the actual SCM marathon run route towards marina area too (Maraina area can cover 10+km easily and no stopper, right?)….easily ended up in 25-28km boh? :/

Think the Playground and ECP side not affected le. :rolleyes:

SafraQuadthlonRouteFinalExtend.jpg

Cheerios,

SassyRunner

Think the Playground and ECP side not affected le. :rolleyes:

SafraQuadthlonRouteFinalExtend.jpg

yes not affected but can we run to CCR?

zco my brother. YES. The GHOSTS. But its not so scary during the day la. Just painful.

But yes we're going there tomorrow. Perhaps we can do it at the same pace. I'm thinking about 6:45.

Bro, onz just in case i am late coz via (if cannot get a lift) public transport abit difficult. Erh checking whether there will be someone at the start/end point manning the water station? Coz will be bringing change there. Hehheh tomorrow can join u fellas after the run for makan and drinks! Yippey!

Not with visa but wife is in town and i went to church earlier if not gotta rush home and bring my family to church, :that's why...normally on Saturday if wifey not at home gotta rush home and be with my kids moreover next 2 weeks their exams...hmmm :Batting Eyelashes:

Not with visa but wife is in town and i went to church earlier if not gotta rush home and bring my family to church, :that's why...normally on Saturday if wifey not at home gotta rush home and be with my kids moreover next 2 weeks their exams...hmmm :Batting Eyelashes:

good parent! HAHAH!

anyway, since u are free, i think ckoksing is organising a movie outing after the run, y might want to consider =)

Thanks to FrootLoops, DO, yamsong, outrider, jeregoh(is tat the spelling?) and his "gay" partner(sorry i cant remb ur name) and many many others who were generous in their encouragements. They sure helped in helping me finish the run. =/ (Sorry that i cant remember all the people i've met today)

hmm, terry, i didnt see you. =/ Anyway i was wearing a white singlet with yellow shorts. =) and yup, i u-turn at the 18km mark. heh.

As i was jogging/walking back to B2 after passing the Bus park,i saw a sinful green truck. Its the all too familiar Milo van. Darn. The temptation for me to go off track and head down for a cup or two was too big. And well, i succumbed to the temptation. Drank 3 cups of the Ice Cold Milo "Kao" before i decided that i've sinned enough and went back to the track to continue my journey back to B2. I thought i would be the only one who succumbed to the irresistable temptation, till i was back at B2 and heard the rest talking abt it as well. And hey, i wasn't alone! Heh!

Sorry that i couldnt join you guys for lunch after the run. My dad called asking for the car back. =/ so i had to rush back without bidding farewell to you guys. =X

Btw, my name's Nivel. =)

Hey Nivel..

no worries.. just remember to "pay back" the next time u see me :P just like jeregoh's gaylo partner gilbert who said hi to me that day! :P

Glad u enjoyed the run! see ya this sunday if you're coming! by the way, there's a movie outing tomorrow too.. (oops PAISEH OT! But must do some marketing for my event :P) Check the Movie Thread for info or PM me if you're interested by 10am tml!! :P

nah.. tmr after the run i gotta rush back liao. got to report back to base for work tmr. Major exercise commencing tmr. kns. so i cant join you guys for the makan/movie session after that. tmr i dun think i will clock too far a distance also. haha. abit in the rush for time =/

train safe everyone! and have fun!

I shall be a good boy and stay home to rest as I am down with flu! Don't wish to spread the virus wor! Will join the pacers training next week!

:)

Btw, my name's Nivel. =)

Hey Nivel..

nah.. tmr after the run i gotta rush back liao. got to report back to base for work tmr. Major exercise commencing tmr. kns. so i cant join you guys for the makan/movie session after that. tmr i dun think i will clock too far a distance also. haha. abit in the rush for time =/

wow ok you're a busy guy. :)

train safe everyone! and have fun!

I shall be a good boy and stay home to rest as I am down with flu! Don't wish to spread the virus wor! Will join the pacers training next week!

:)

Was wondering where were you? Rest Well! :cheers:

So you not doing REAL Run next week? :rolleyes:

Man, my adi techfit tights had given way and split open during the 5+km mark, there was no way for me to continue to do the pacing as the abrasion was painful so I did a U-turn back to the playground. Luckily I always kept a spare short at the car and I quickly changed and did a few extra km when I met Mashie on her returning so I decided to shorten the run and instead to pace her back to set up the water station for the pacers and runners. We left before 10am.

Indeed, the weather was extremely hot and humid this morning.

Thanks Passion, Niwas and Mashie for getting ready with the drinks early in the morning.

Cheers.

My first attempt at running to pace (with the objective of pacing 4hrs at scsm08; equates to 5:42/ km); Here's the "report card" :tongue_smilie:

Pace (min/km)

1st km: 5:47

2nd km: 5:36

3rd km: 5:49

4th km: 5:41

5th km: 5:32 raven's 5 km split time: 28:25 (FatBird's Pace Band Split Time: 28:26)

6th km: 5:35

7th km: 5:33

8th km: 5:39

9th km: 5:41

10th km: 5:39 raven's 10 km split time: 56:32 (56:52)

11th km: 5:38

12th km: 5:41

13th km: 5:41

14th km: 5:37

15th km: 5:34 raven's 15 km split time: 1:24:43 (1:25:19)

16th km: 5:42

17th km: 5:41

18th km: 5:52

19th km: 5:42

20th km: 5:36 raven's 20 km split time: 1:53:16 (1:53:45)

21st km: 5:32 raven's HM split time : 1:58:48 (2:00:00)

22nd km: 5:40

23rd km: 7:22 Inclusive of Pit Stop to drink up, gel up and refilling of water

24th km: 5:44

25th km: 5:48 raven's 25 km split time : 2:23:22 (2:22:11)

26th km: 5:41

27th km: 5:35

28th km: 5:34

29th km: 5:32

30th km: 5:18 raven's 30 km split time : 2:51:02 (2:50:38)

My first attempt at running to pace (with the objective of pacing 4hrs at scsm08; equates to 5:42/ km); Here's the "report card" :tongue_smilie:

Pace (min/km)

1st km: 5:47

2nd km: 5:36

3rd km: 5:49

4th km: 5:41

5th km: 5:32 raven's 5 km split time: 28:25 (FatBird's Pace Band Split Time: 28:26)

6th km: 5:35

7th km: 5:33

8th km: 5:39

9th km: 5:41

10th km: 5:39 raven's 10 km split time: 56:32 (56:52)

11th km: 5:38

12th km: 5:41

13th km: 5:41

14th km: 5:37

15th km: 5:34 raven's 15 km split time: 1:24:43 (1:25:19)

16th km: 5:42

17th km: 5:41

18th km: 5:52

19th km: 5:42

20th km: 5:36 raven's 20 km split time: 1:53:16 (1:53:45)

21st km: 5:32 raven's HM split time : 1:58:48 (2:00:00)

22nd km: 5:40

23rd km: 7:22 Inclusive of Pit Stop to drink up, gel up and refilling of water

24th km: 5:44

25th km: 5:48 raven's 25 km split time : 2:23:22 (2:22:11)

26th km: 5:41

27th km: 5:35

28th km: 5:34

29th km: 5:32

30th km: 5:18 raven's 30 km split time : 2:51:02 (2:50:38)

Quite on the dot buddy! :smilie_daumen1:

Ultra Sifu, the real challenge for me will come in the 30 plus km... will train my "engine" to be ready for that.

"4 hours pacing" is never a problem for you ^_^

Man, my silly abrasion will take days to fully heal.

Ultra Sifu, the real challenge for me will come in the 30 plus km... will train my "engine" to be ready for that.

"4 hours pacing" is never a problem for you ^_^

Man, my silly abrasion will take days to fully heal.

Well done to the various Pace Groups, and good that you have had a chance to use the Pace bands so carefully prepared by FatBird Esther's team. Raven and Ultra, you guys are surely on track for a good sub-4hr paced timing. The 4hr and 5hr pace groups had quite a following, and the 4hr boys (HophIng, Cheow12, Marcus and his TriFam group, Alvo, among a few others whose names I did not get) did very well to maintain their steady pace to do 2hr40min for 28km.

It was a very HOT day, and definitely a great opportunity for conditioning for all. Lessons learnt were in the areas of hydration, refueling and starting off at a conservative, steady pace. A very good turnout of about 50-60runners or even more...will need to check the photos when they are ready...hehe

We will be progressing to the 30km distance next Saturday (because of NBRR on Sunday). Bring along all your equipment and race day gear, including shoes to try out when you have them. Cya same place, same time, and we will kickoff by 7am.

I think my shoes are giving way. Both of my Mizuno shoes were bought 3 yrs ago and I develop foot pains whenever I run in them for long. Seems like the midsole is super hard now. Ill be looking to buy a .........Lunar! later on. So ya, can join lunar club? hahaha

NIce meeting u sleek! u from lunar club too right? any welcome party for me LOL