Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

...Sometime running this kind of distance really make our minds wonders if we are doing it alone. Be there for the next one.

Read my slogon.. :Big Grin:

See you guys next sunday @ playground! Till then, take good care :)

Think should be next Sat. :rolleyes:

Great seeing everyone this morning! :Nerd:

And well done to all who completed albeit their injuries, but do take care! :cheers:

Think should be next Sat. :rolleyes:

Great seeing everyone this morning! :Nerd:

And well done to all who completed albeit their injuries, but do take care! :cheers:

Sleek, changed to Sunday liao.. see Team FatBird Blog

Oh..izzit? :Big Grin:

Why the sudden change? :Thinking:

Hey guys,

due to the unavailability of a few FatBird Pacers for next Saturday, we have had to change the training to Sunday instead. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hope to see even more runners turn up for Paced Training starting next Sunday :)

Hey guys,

due to the unavailability of a few FatBird Pacers for next Saturday, we have had to change the training to Sunday instead. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hope to see even more runners turn up for Paced Training starting next Sunday :)

Psst Dream buddy, where to meet and time? ^_^

Hey guys,

Psst Dream buddy, where to meet and time? ^_^

similar meeting place and time as this morning....details will be out in post #1 soon

PS: the following week will be back on Saturday (Oct 18) since there is a NBRR on Oct19.

Thank all for this morning run it was great having a nice cold 100plus at the finish line.

Thanks to Spencer leading the way & Bug's brother inlaw for the final stretch back to B2 carpark.

Shall join u guys next sunday.

Hi spencer,

Nice meeting you today. Once again a great run to all team fatbird runners.

Cheers

RR3

Hey RR3, nice meeting you today too.. and also Zhaong :)

nice to meet u folks while going back to my car to put some stuff ... (after breakfast)

went for the Hope Run .. then went to makan breakfast at Carl's Jnr with my dog, niece n sis...

didn't get to talk much with you folks .. cos i walked up to support the SPCA folks after that (at the ECP mcdonalds area) ...

Yuri (the husky) said hi

Regards

Alex

nice to meet u folks while going back to my car to put some stuff ... (after breakfast)

went for the Hope Run .. then went to makan breakfast at Carl's Jnr with my dog, niece n sis...

didn't get to talk much with you folks .. cos i walked up to support the SPCA folks after that (at the ECP mcdonalds area) ...

Yuri (the husky) said hi

Regards

Alex

yo Alex,

sure was nice to meet and pat Yuri, your husky....very nice coat of fur....your sis resembles you in some way, so immediately I could pick her out....friendly.....catch you at the next I-Run yo :)

my sis looks like me meh? .. hmmm .... yeah Yuri has a very thick coat of fur .. and he is also getting very lazy ... he slept like a log after i got him back home around 1pm ... in fact i could have left him with you folks .. and he would happily follow .... he is not your typical husky ..cos some i met ... are actually quite aggressive ...

for some strange reason .. i am not so 'nuah' like him... i really wonder who pass him these traits man .... hahahaa

wah you folks run really fast man ...

Hey guys,

who are unavailable?

Thank all for this morning run it was great having a nice cold 100plus at the finish line.

Thanks to Spencer leading the way & Bug's brother inlaw for the final stretch back to B2 carpark.

yamsong! you were there? I was there too! i didn't know you were joining us.

Yuri (the husky) said hi

Regards

Alex

i was there at the SPCA too! so many dogs! I saw a chow chow and a very obedient husky. but i know the hsuky is not yuri cos the owner didn't look like you.

my sis looks like me meh? .. hmmm .... yeah Yuri has a very thick coat of fur .. and he is also getting very lazy ... he slept like a log after i got him back home around 1pm ... in fact i could have left him with you folks .. and he would happily follow .... he is not your typical husky ..cos some i met ... are actually quite aggressive ...

for some strange reason .. i am not so 'nuah' like him... i really wonder who pass him these traits man .... hahahaa

aiya... i missed meeting yuri!

HAHA! i wished i resembled yui!

and thanks for letting me walk him for like 10m!

Hey Alex, I saw you talking to the group but I can't walk over cos I'm already in the midst of walking pass a muddy plot of land.. haha.. was heading towards another toilet for shower. Finally i get to see your dog.. in some distance.. he look gorgeous.. :Applause:

I had the most demoralising run I ever had since I started running. No, it is not because of the Changi Coast Road. I will tell why.

My GG gave some problem just after F2 so I stopped and fiddled with it. That made me the very last one running towards the CCR. I set out wanting to do 29km but when I was halfway along CCR, I decided that I would just do 26km la. So I looked at my GG and "agar agar" u-turned. At the u-turn, I re-started my watch so as to get a more accurate distance on my return leg.

Somehow, my form today was TOTALLY off. No matter how fast I "tried" to run, my pace is 10-11min and each 1km increase took a long time. How come I could do a 29km last week but can't even do a 26km comfortably today? What was wrong with me? I had to resort to run-walk strategy.

Finally, I made it back to B2 but all was gone except my ever reliable old man. I was complaining to him how lousy my run was. That was when he told me I ran 30km. I said no, it was about 26-28km. Old man did 34km.... babi! don't know where he got all his energy from!

So while resting and drinking my recovery drink, I took a look at my watch. To my horror, it said I ran only 10km from CCR (where U-turned) to B2. That can't be! No way! I took a closer look. HUH! The unit was in miles!!!!! So I ran 20miles. 20x1.6=32km! No wonder I almost died-ed! I was "conned" by my GG, my new toy, my new gadget!

So, once again, I accidentally ran extra. I think this is the 3rd already! :P Haiya.... my legs are very heavy now.... feel like lead.

Oh! By the way, who were those in the back of the truck? I know you are must be people I know because the whole truckload waved at me.

HAHA! i wished i resembled yui!

and thanks for letting me walk him for like 10m!

alex, i want to walk yuri too!

Hi yamsong, were u the one who paced me until the changi coast road park?

Oh! By the way, who were those in the back of the truck? I know you are must be people I know because the whole truckload waved at me.

Sure its not those foreign workers? :Thinking:

Was wondering why never see you even when all the others came back. Must be doing your secret training then. :rolleyes:

I had the most demoralising run I ever had since I started running. No, it is not because of the Changi Coast Road. I will tell why.

My GG gave some problem just after F2 so I stopped and fiddled with it. That made me the very last one running towards the CCR. I set out wanting to do 29km but when I was halfway along CCR, I decided that I would just do 26km la. So I looked at my GG and "agar agar" u-turned. At the u-turn, I re-started my watch so as to get a more accurate distance on my return leg.

Somehow, my form today was TOTALLY off. No matter how fast I "tried" to run, my pace is 10-11min and each 1km increase took a long time. How come I could do a 29km last week but can't even do a 26km comfortably today? What was wrong with me? I had to resort to run-walk strategy.

Finally, I made it back to B2 but all was gone except my ever reliable old man. I was complaining to him how lousy my run was. That was when he told me I ran 30km. I said no, it was about 26-28km. Old man did 34km.... babi! don't know where he got all his energy from!

So while resting and drinking my recovery drink, I took a look at my watch. To my horror, it said I ran only 10km from CCR (where U-turned) to B2. That can't be! No way! I took a closer look. HUH! The unit was in miles!!!!! So I ran 20miles. 20x1.6=32km! No wonder I almost died-ed! I was "conned" by my GG, my new toy, my new gadget!

So, once again, I accidentally ran extra. I think this is the 3rd already! :P Haiya.... my legs are very heavy now.... feel like lead.

Brokie,

ok...mystery solved...miles instead of km...haha...our Pacer AngWeiBeng also had that problem of accidentally having miles on instead of km :(

by the time it was 11am and we didn't see you, we suspected you would have gone for much longer...by that time many people have passed our point, Vincent, who waved back that you all would be going for more....so we packed up and left you a message to meet at Old Airport Road for makan...

good thing that you survived such a grueling distance at ECP...take that as your final long run ahead of Korea Marathon lor :)

Some including, Frootloop, Terry, Cokie, Sassy, ckoksing, and hophlng were in the Stanley pick-up going for shower..

Some including, Frootloop, Terry, Cokie, Sassy, ckoksing, and hophlng were in the Stanley pick-up going for shower..

Aha! I see. wah... you all looked very happy you know! I was sulking there.

Brokie,

ok...mystery solved...miles instead of km...haha...our Pacer AngWeiBeng also had that problem of accidentally having miles on instead of km :(

by the time it was 11am and we didn't see you, we suspected you would have gone for much longer...by that time many people have passed our point, Vincent, who waved back that you all would be going for more....so we packed up and left you a message to meet at Old Airport Road for makan...

good thing that you survived such a grueling distance at ECP...take that as your final long run ahead of Korea Marathon lor :)

ya la... i reset the watch and all went back to factory setting and the factory setting is in miles!

we saw brokie on the way back after shower. were headed to B2 again to drop the other two drivers off, koksing and spencer - before heading for lunch =)

today my first time taking a pick up and walking a dog. WOW =D

is it the pajero-looking pick up? ... that one is damn good one okie ... its like a 3 litre V6 turbo charged pickup ... in fact ... its like one of the most expensive pick-up looking thing on singapore roads man ...

make its very tempting to get a Land Rover Defender ... just to have something super butch-looking and unbreakable ....

anyway... Yuri will follow anyone .. so next time if any one wants he/she can walk him lah ...

too bad can't join you guys at Old Airport ... over there is not dog friendly one ... so dun wanna cause trouble ... (you know lah ... people in sg like to send all sorts of pictures to stomp one) ...

is it the pajero-looking pick up? ... that one is damn good one okie ... its like a 3 litre V6 turbo charged pickup ... in fact ... its like one of the most expensive pick-up looking thing on singapore roads man ...

make its very tempting to get a Land Rover Defender ... just to have something super butch-looking and unbreakable ....

anyway... Yuri will follow anyone .. so next time if any one wants he/she can walk him lah ...

too bad can't join you guys at Old Airport ... over there is not dog friendly one ... so dun wanna cause trouble ... (you know lah ... people in sg like to send all sorts of pictures to stomp one) ...

yep 3 litre indeed. he paid about 65k with 1 bucks COE.