Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cokiee

Team FatBird

Team FatBird launches Marathon Pacing recruitment and training, with an interesting video chit-chat with a pioneering Singapore Marathon Pacer!

harloooooow !!! hehe

got room for doing pacing ???

Team FatBird launches Marathon Pacing recruitment and training, with an interesting video chit-chat with a pioneering Singapore Marathon Pacer!

harloooooow !!! hehe

got room for doing pacing ???

Prata,

click on the link and follow on to apply!

Team FatBird Marathon Pacers

Follow Our Pace, Win Your Race

It was the first time I tried the 'Glides' on a sandy surface, and I was happy with the traction it offered....no longer had I the feeling of sliding backwards nor feeling 'slippery'. The Dynamic Support System kicked in well in certain uneven areas, and although the shoes might not be that comfy for walking or standing around, they really are smooth on the run. With the final slope conquered, the runners finished off the 6km with a sense of satisfaction, made good with the cushion and support of the LunarGlide+....

MORE ON The LunarGlide+ Trialing Run #1

Team FatBird invites all TFB Runners to wear TFB Running tops for this Sunday's AHM run and group photos :)

Please check for the MEETING TIME/PLACE :)

Hi DR,

I don't have TFB top but will be at the bird nest to chirp with the birds of the same feather. I hope that you grant me this privilege to do so.

Team FatBird invites all TFB Runners to wear TFB Running tops for this Sunday's AHM run and group photos :)

Please check for the MEETING TIME/PLACE :)

Hi DR,

I don't have TFB top but will be at the bird nest to chirp with the birds of the same feather. I hope that you grant me this privilege to do so.

haha....sure half-timer, all are welcome to come chirp and chatter with the fatbirds, friends, associates, kakis....an assembly of different plumage should be quite interesting :)

Team FatBird Runners donning their TFB Running Tops gathered at 5am at the Esplanade sunken amphitheater. We had a few group photos, before proceeding to the start line at 5.10am...As I passed familiar faces and Team FatBird Runners, I gave them the thumbs up and told them to 'Keep It Up'. I was trying to make up for 'lost' time, and did not have the luxury to chit-chat too much, not that the runners wanted to talk anyway....haha. Everyone was focused, and all I heard at that early morning hour were sounds of breathing, footsteps pounding the roads, and the sloshing of water as we passed water stations.

The AHM09 Race Report

FatBird weekend run (Back To Nature) this Saturday at MR:

Place: MacRitchie Reservoir Park (meet @ CarPark 6:50am)

Time: 7am

Distance: 10-15km

Route: 1-2 loops of MR 10.5km

Logistics/Hydration: Bring Your Own

This will be a flower-smelling :Rose: , recovery run after the SBR/AHM race.

Feel free to join in this informal run.

:cheers:

Dreamz & all TFB,

Great, party time.

Cya all there ... :smilie_daumen1:

Remember to leave some dust for me to pick ... :sweat:

cheers

Kk

i would like to join the training this sat but its my first time join you guys :) and can i check with you which carpark are you talking about? it is the multistory 1?

FatBird weekend run (Back To Nature) this Saturday at MR:

Place: MacRitchie Reservoir Park (meet @ CarPark 6:50am)

Distance: 10-15km

Route: 1-2 loops of MR 10.5km

This will be a flower-smelling :Rose: , recovery run after the SBR/AHM race.

Feel free to join in this informal run.

:cheers:

Flower smelling pace is how fast?

hmmm.. it depends on who in TFB you're following.. ;)

can be 4.00 pace to 6.30 pace. depends on your comfort level i guess..

hmmm.. it depends on who in TFB you're following.. ;)

can be 4.00 pace to 6.30 pace. depends on your comfort level i guess..

Hahaha... to you guys "smell flower" pace...

For me "smell dust" pace...

hahaha.. its ok.. i also smell dust.. sometimes dust also cant smell. the dust already settled when i reach the spot. hahaha..

A few groups gathered at the MR carpark by 7am....The SAFRA MF Runners, Team FatBird & Friendz, SgRunners, MR25 and some of the schools....I guess cross-country must be coming up soon. Exchanged greetings with many familiar faces and lots of catching up on recent races ensued, before our informal TFB grouping took off towards The Northern Route. Many of those who joined us were new to the MR trails and routes, and we wanted to run at 'sight-seeing' pace to show them around....

Back To Nature @ MR

Team FatBird Marathon Pacers Training Kickoff in first week of Sep. Sign up for the available slots in the 4:45-6:00 Full Marathon and 1:45-2:30 Half Marathon pace groups by Aug31.

CLICK HERE for more information!

Follow Our Pace, Win Your Race!

Team FatBird Marathon Pacers Training Kickoff in first week of Sep. Sign up for the available slots in the 4:45-6:00 Full Marathon and 1:45-2:30 Half Marathon pace groups by Aug31.

Hello DR,

Is the arrangement the same as last year? If not capable to be a pacer but thick skin enough to want to train with and smell dust of pacers-in-training also can right? :Big Grin: TFB will still post the training sessions on the blog, right?

Thanks heaps.

supcon.

Hello DR,

Is the arrangement the same as last year? If not capable to be a pacer but thick skin enough to want to train with and smell dust of pacers-in-training also can right? :Big Grin: TFB will still post the training sessions on the blog, right?

Thanks heaps.

supcon.

Supcon,

there will be separate Pacer (12-week) and Pacee (10-week) training programs and sessions this year. Pacers and Pacees will come together in the final 5 weeks of the program for Pace Group Training though.

Registration for the Marathon Training Program for SCSM participants (Operation Sunbird) will open end August. Watch for that.

Cheers!

FatBird NF100 Training Run (Back To Nature II) this Saturday at MR:

Place: MacRitchie Reservoir Park (meet @ New MR Centre Cafeteria 6:50am)

Distance: 20km

Route: MR -> Island Club Road -> Upper Thomson Road -> OUTR -> UPR ->OUTR -> Upp thomson -> Island Club Road -> MR

This is a 20km mixed trail run to prepare for TNF100 race in Oct

Feel free to join in.

Go Forth To Race NORTH!

Team FatBird

Route: MR -> Island Club Road -> Upper Thomson Road -> OUTR -> UPR ->OUTR -> Upp thomson -> Island Club Road -> MR

Feel free to join in.

Go Forth To Race NORTH!

Team FatBird

Our plan was to cover about 20km of the revised MR25 30km Progressive Run route to be held next Sunday. The Northern Trails were not that wet and muddy, as we ran in single file up and down the slightly undulating terrain, exiting the trails in about 20-24min as a group. Unlike last week, we did a right this time towards Island Club Road and out onto Thomson Road. This is the first time many of us ran this stretch...I found it interesting. From Thomson Road, we entered Lower Pierce Reservoir (LPR) Road , and it was familiar territory from there. Introduced to the flock the start point of the aniMILES, took a quick hydration break, before proceeding along Old Upper Thomson Road (OUTR)....

Team FatBird Trail Running Report

Feel free to join in.

Go Forth To Race NORTH!

Team FatBird

Our plan was to cover about 20km of the revised MR25 30km Progressive Run route to be held next Sunday. The Northern Trails were not that wet and muddy, as we ran in single file up and down the slightly undulating terrain, exiting the trails in about 20-24min as a group. Unlike last week, we did a right this time towards Island Club Road and out onto Thomson Road. This is the first time many of us ran this stretch...I found it interesting. From Thomson Road, we entered Lower Pierce Reservoir (LPR) Road , and it was familiar territory from there. Introduced to the flock the start point of the aniMILES, took a quick hydration break, before proceeding along Old Upper Thomson Road (OUTR)....

Team FatBird Trail Running Report

Aiyaah...how come i missed this post :/