Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jx77

Help on IPPT Standing Board Jump

Hi,

I will be taking my IPPT next month. I am looking for advice as to how to improve my Standing Board Jump. This is my weakest station. Most of the time, I did not pass my ippt bcos of this station. Any advice on this…

tuck jumps help. but most important is probably ur technique of jumping. u shd get a buddy to watch u jump. ur buddy may be able to point out what u are doing wrong when u jump.

tuck jumps help. but most important is probably ur technique of jumping. u shd get a buddy to watch u jump. ur buddy may be able to point out what u are doing wrong when u jump.

Thks renohtaram for your valuable advice...but do you think weight also play apart in SBJ?

Thks renohtaram for your valuable advice...but do you think weight also play apart in SBJ?

i agree that technique plays an important part for SBJ...

of course your weight and power are the other factors that affect the outcome...

i am quite good at SBJ - i can demo upon request...:)

however i feel that an all-out jump is quite damaging to the joints upon landing - so you may want to reserve it for ippt test only

i agree that technique plays an important part for SBJ...

of course your weight and power are the other factors that affect the outcome...

i am quite good at SBJ - i can demo upon request...:)

however i feel that an all-out jump is quite damaging to the joints upon landing - so you may want to reserve it for ippt test only

Thks for your valuable advice..Hope to meet you one day during those marathon run...O ya... mi dun have any power to jump...i tik power also play apart too. During ippt, always saw alot of people having the power to jump far. BTW, going to gym and do those 'Leg Curl' exercise going to help in SBJ?

jump up grandstands at stadiums, or jump up chairs (with someone holding on to it, or the back against the wall) - it helps build power (:

jump up grandstands at stadiums, or jump up chairs (with someone holding on to it, or the back against the wall) - it helps build power (:

Thks for your advice.. hmm... what is the minimum set of tuck jump/other jumping do you guys tik is required per day?

I cant get Gold cuz of dis station... Grrrr... today juz take short by 4cm for silver... Grrrr

yea, my board jump sucks too. apart from tuck jump, do more stretching, so your leg can reach further.

yea, my board jump sucks too. apart from tuck jump, do more stretching, so your leg can reach further.

during my active NS days, the instructors seem to believe that doing tuck jumps before SBJ test will help you jump better...

on the contrary, i think tuck jumps tire you up more than help you...(i suppose you can do it for training, but not when you are about to take the test...

agree with Wilb that some stretching will do...

i know this guy who is slightly bigger size than TLR (was a rugby player) and has not problem jumping to 5 points...

during my active NS days, the instructors seem to believe that doing tuck jumps before SBJ test will help you jump better...

on the contrary, i think tuck jumps tire you up more than help you...(i suppose you can do it for training, but not when you are about to take the test...

agree with Wilb that some stretching will do...

i know this guy who is slightly bigger size than TLR (was a rugby player) and has not problem jumping to 5 points...

waah! just wonder.... does the composition of fast twitch and slow twitch muscle do play apart?

fast twitch muscle have a very high power execution compare to a slow twitch muscle and maybe that's the reason why quite a number of long distance runners can't jump?

I hate SBJ, I did gold for all stations except SBJ who gave me a fail. Arghhhh...

You really mean 'fail' SBJ literally? So sad. Otherwise, you'll be Gold and can look forward to $400 of govt money annually.

Yes. How ironic.... I am nt after the $400. I just wanna void RT at all costs. Gonna start training for SBJ.

Yes. How ironic.... I am nt after the $400. I just wanna void RT at all costs. Gonna start training for SBJ.

All the best to you. After AHM, maybe you can ask Gentle or someone to show you some technique. For me, I don't bother. I always fail the 2.4km; you know why. :)

Lol... sure sure. But I wanna finish SCSM first then say. Haha... will seek all the sifu to help.

for 4 years i always get 27 points for napfa because of the jump...

anyone thinks height plays a part because i am only 162cm tall?

or my technique purely sucks. cant blame the different muscle groups because i do a lot of leg press (173kg), half squarts(235kg) and leg curls (73kg). power shldnt be the issue.

and my weight is only 52kg. =/

Gentle: please teach me how to jumppppp! =D

tink dis jumping thingy is more difficult to train den chin ups or any other stations!!

Personally i tink technique plays a BIG part... juz lik in swimming OT!

tink dis jumping thingy is more difficult to train den chin ups or any other stations!!

Personally i tink technique plays a BIG part... juz lik in swimming OT!

frankly, i find it hurts when i jump.

I'm only 165cm in height and my PB for standing broad jump was 252cm. Everybody who was there to view my attempt was shocked to see such a small guy can jump so far. :D

In my opinion, it's all about the arm swing. Use it to 'throw' your body forward as far as possible. While in mid-air, throw you feet in front of your body. When you land, your momentum would drive your upper body forward, so there's no worry about landing on your back.

I'm only 165cm in height and my PB for standing broad jump was 252cm. Everybody who was there to view my attempt was shocked to see such a small guy can jump so far. :D

In my opinion, it's all about the arm swing. Use it to 'throw' your body forward as far as possible. While in mid-air, throw you feet in front of your body. When you land, your momentum would drive your upper body forward, so there's no worry about landing on your back.

wow, you're quite the jumper. hmm i see my arms flying forward but i dont feel it pulling my body along with them.. but tmr i shall concentrate on my arms! thanks kitty!

wow, you're quite the jumper. hmm i see my arms flying forward but i dont feel it pulling my body along with them.. but tmr i shall concentrate on my arms! thanks kitty!

:w00t: sleepykitty, u r such a good jumper.. can jump more than required (ippt)..Actually can we really control 'our feet movement while in the mid air'? To me, i tik SBJ happen so fast dat the control of movement in mid air is quite difficult leh... Before i can 'throw' my feet in front of the body, i tik i have already landed onto the ground liao..:Thinking: Mayb 1 day would like to request a demo from you...:lol: but i would try it out myself first...thks kitty ..

Be my sifu leh. I wan the $400 from the govt every yr. Lol...