Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manakoleng

Nipple abrasion

Ok, firstly let me state this: I'm a normal, straight guy, and I am not fat (therefore my chest is not saggy).

I frequently experience abrasions on the nipples after LSD. I wear those running singlets that claim to take the sweat away from your body, so that one will feel cool and dry.

I would like to find out if anyone of you guys have the same experience and how you deal with it. The last thing I would want to do is to tape that part. :tongue_smilie:

is your shirt 'tight'?

alternatively, the first thing to do is perhaps 'tape it'.

I wear 'loose' fitting singlets and tights to avoid abrasions for all my long runs.

Or you can always take off your shirt and run.

waliew the same thing happen to me leh, after AHM :blushing: My running singlet is those loose loose one, but only one is abraised, the other is okay.

waliew the same thing happen to me leh, after AHM :blushing: My running singlet is those loose loose one, but only one is abraised, the other is okay.

the looser the greater the abrasion if you are prone to it. If you wear something more fitting, less cloth moves so u feel less abrasion.

but 1 side only? :Thinking:

the alternative is, as mentioned above, taping it. but i assume you have to get nipple tape from dept stores. (saw some at CK Tangs ladies' dept cashier). Dun know what other tapes you can use.

is your shirt 'tight'?

alternatively, the first thing to do is perhaps 'tape it'.

I wear 'loose' fitting singlets and tights to avoid abrasions for all my long runs.

Or you can always take off your shirt and run.

No leh, not tight and also not too loose.

Take off shirt ? Not used too and feel very conscious.

i think u can buy those plasters from pharmacy specially for that area.

as for the hairy issue... oh well... bear with it then

Apply Neat Feat 3B Action Cream or vaseline. That should be sufficient to prevent abrasion.

Thanks ! :) Looks like a much better solution than taping. Will look for it in pharmacy later.

local pharmacy no longer carry this cream already i think. i can't find it in guardian or unity anymore.

Apply Neat Feat 3B Action Cream or vaseline. That should be sufficient to prevent abrasion.

Thanks ! :) Looks like a much better solution than taping. Will look for it in pharmacy later.

local pharmacy no longer carry this cream already i think. i can't find it in guardian or unity anymore.

I think should still be available. Thought I saw it recently at one of the pharmacy. But if can wait - wait until next month NBRR usually they have a booth there and sell at a discount. In fact, they had a booth at last month AHM collection at Safra Toa Payoh as well.

I think should still be available. Thought I saw it recently at one of the pharmacy. But if can wait - wait until next month NBRR usually they have a booth there and sell at a discount. In fact, they had a booth at last month AHM collection at Safra Toa Payoh as well.

Vaseline can be found in all Guardian shops. Cheap and effective. 1 bottle cost less than $5.00

I get those on a weekly basis after my long weedend runs... I've come to just live with it now :P I just let the chafing go away after a day or so. One time it was so bad, I was bleeding halfway through my run!! Hahaa

Most recently, I also get chafing in the underarm and it's no pretty... Contrary to the beliefs, I actually get chafing when I wear tight fitting shirts bec my underarms rubbed against the sweat soaked short during the running motion. Wearing loose shirt prevents that.. Most importantly is to make sure your shirt stays as dry as possible. If not, there's no way to avoid chafing I guess.

maybe u can just use normal plaster and tape over it. u can claim that you got a 'cut' there.. =)

You quite sadist hor :rolleyes: You enjoy the pain from pulling off the plaster is it? Sekali, other 'things' also come off/out how :Big Grin:

I do it the old fashion army way... I used black tape to make a cross on both of them.

I discovered it during my 42km route march.. haha.

It works wonder! :Big Grin:

But the armpit part.. hard to prevent abrasion, i kanna most of the time when doing LSD <_<

yo guys,

the truth is, you don't have to learn to live with it. 2 red streaks down the front of your singlet in a marathon is not a nice sight to behold. i'll bet it feels quite unpleasant too and it should be the last thing you'll wanna worry about in a marathon. not to mention when you hit the showers afterwards. ouch! :Cry:

try afew of the things suggested here, i.e., vaseline or bodyglide, they work wonders and you'll be surprised. taping should be reserved as a last resort...for obvious reasons *ouch again*

i personally have problem with the chafing on my right armpit due to my running style. always same location and right side only. since using bodyglide i've no longer had the chafing. now i even use it on my feet and toes to avoid blisters. works like a dream.

give it a go; nothing to loose :)

disclaimer: i do not work for bodyglide hor and am not trying to promote their product :Big Grin:

heheh...here's another testimonial..

my sports bra used to gimme abrasions. no matter what brand / size i used, if i run more than 10km it'll start feeling really uncomfortable. pple recommended nike sports bras...i used them but it still didn't work! i tried using plasters to tape, they worked in a way...but the edges of the plasters would rub against my skin and i'll get 2 tiny red lines. (4 to be exact since i used 2 plasters)

then, on fennel's recommendation, i started using bodyglide and ta-da!!! problem solved!! i never had to worry about sports bra abrasions again! yay!!!

p/s: i don't get nipple abrasions hor! it's the area above my rib cage..

it doesn't work on my foot though, i dunno what's the main problem. i usually don't get blisters unless i wear my adistar cushion. despite applying it on my foot, i get blisters whenever i wear that shoe.

I do it the old fashion army way... I used black tape to make a cross on both of them.

Why must make a cross har ? :Big Grin: This is the most hilarious method so far ! :LMAO: