Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

realrunner

Running Skirt

It is a bit early topic in here. But I saw some of women wearing running skirts at Gold Coast, but most are Japanese. Also one of this month's RW articlie is this new type of apparel in running. How do you think about it, from female (petential wearers) and male (from viewers') perspective?

I have no comment for the time being.

I once saw fashionable Brokie wore once.

It is a bit early topic in here. But I saw some of women wearing running skirts at Gold Coast, but most are Japanese. Also one of this month's RW articlie is this new type of apparel in running. How do you think about it, from female (petential wearers) and male (from viewers') perspective?

I have no comment for the time being.

I once saw fashionable Brokie wore once.

its tights underneath right? too hot..

seems like a tennis skirt rather than running skirt.....think not practical as it can get very haevy after all the sweating during the run ...wouldn't it be?

:Hypnotized:

It's a tennis skirt/skort... I like it though I've never worn one to run in, only to play tennis and sometimes as a sporty casual wear :)

No, you wouldn't feel hot or heavy in them as they are dri-fit/coolmax type material... :smilie_daumen1:

I've seen some top lady runners in S'pore race in them...

It's a tennis skirt/skort... I like it though I've never worn one to run in, only to play tennis and sometimes as a sporty casual wear :)

No, you wouldn't feel hot or heavy in them as they are dri-fit/coolmax type material... :smilie_daumen1:

I've seen some top lady runners in S'pore race in them...

I see...i do have a few of these and wear them as casual wear , or during bowling...but never run in it....

heh.... i guess i have to comment on this since i did put on a tennis skirt to run on 2 races.

I first put on the tennis skirt to run on the first shape run in 2006. being the first ever all-women run, a few of us here were very excited. we even wanted to come in similar colours. in the end i was the "vainest" of them all and came in skirt! hahah....

it was all for fun... if you looked at the pic taken in shape 2006 and 2007, even my finishing pic was smiling and relaxed.

is it heavy? er.... no, they are nike and they are dri-fit. not heavy at all. but the thing is i do not perspire like hell so i don't get very wet.

will i do it again? for fun, yes. hm.... i wonder why this year i forgot to put on a skirt to run.

heh.... i guess i have to comment on this since i did put on a tennis skirt to run on 2 races.

I first put on the tennis skirt to run on the first shape run in 2006. being the first ever all-women run, a few of us here were very excited. we even wanted to come in similar colours. in the end i was the "vainest" of them all and came in skirt! hahah....

it was all for fun... if you looked at the pic taken in shape 2006 and 2007, even my finishing pic was smiling and relaxed.

is it heavy? er.... no, they are nike and they are dri-fit. not heavy at all. but the thing is i do not perspire like hell so i don't get very wet.

will i do it again? for fun, yes. hm.... i wonder why this year i forgot to put on a skirt to run.

i know! because this year you have pom pom boy... too happy until you forgot :Tounge:

I tried the one at Nike. But I gave it up.... Not for short n fat legs like me. haha. The skirts really magnify the lower part. The normal running shorts and tights look better.

One more thing, since it is still a skirt, when we squat down to stretch, might feel a bit funny, hehe :lol: . Just my opinion.

I tried the one at Nike. But I gave it up.... Not for short n fat legs like me. haha. The skirts really magnify the lower part. The normal running shorts and tights look better.

One more thing, since it is still a skirt, when we squat down to stretch, might feel a bit funny, hehe :lol: . Just my opinion.

ermm..... can you remember what i wore at 3rd anniversary? i think i didn't care how i sat or squatted! hahhaha!

ermm..... can you remember what i wore at 3rd anniversary? i think i didn't care how i sat or squatted! hahhaha!

haha, did we run at the 3rd anniversary?? No right... So should be ok. hehe.

That day I just noticed Eliza wore skirts. Very nice :smilie_daumen1: . But if wear for running, I think will be a bit outstanding. heez. Since not many wearing it to go jogging.

Ohhhh Brokie, you can jio all the gals to join your next Macrichie run to wear skirts :Batting Eyelashes: . We can request Raven to wear pink again :cool_grin: :cool_grin:

Runner's World (USA edition) August 2008 has a feature on Running Skirts. including reviews. Do take a look if you have time.

That day I just noticed Eliza wore skirts. Very nice :smilie_daumen1: . But if wear for running, I think will be a bit outstanding. heez. Since not many wearing it to go jogging.

Ohhhh Brokie, you can jio all the gals to join your next Macrichie run to wear skirts :Batting Eyelashes: . We can request Raven to wear pink again :cool_grin: :cool_grin:

the last boy boy girl girl run, the gals also never wear skirt.. i think we co-ordinate colours

i rem asking u how come this year never wear skirt....but...what did u say ah? i forgot...heh..

i can jio la but i can bet you not many will do it.

the last boy boy girl girl run, the gals also never wear skirt.. i think we co-ordinate colours

what co-ordinate colours? not all did it leh. hyahhaha.....

i rem asking u how come this year never wear skirt....but...what did u say ah? i forgot...heh..

har? you asked? i don't you asked. hahahha... okay i old already, everything i forget!

Thanks for the compliments... :)

While it's true that not many gals would wear it to train but I think it's nice attire for race day... it'll look good for the photos... :cool_grin:

What about wearing one for GE Women 10k?... :Big Grin:

you never try, never know. But I gotta buy one :tongue_smilie: . Who dare not to listen to Brokie :P.

I did wear a pair of purple socks :P. No purple top. But I love purple too :smilie_daumen1: nice color.

While it's true that not many gals would wear it to train but I think it's nice attire for race day... it'll look good for the photos... :cool_grin:

hi hi, yeah...let's do a campaign to ask all the ladies going for GE to wear skirtsss. Would be soooo much fun :jasmine:

you never try, never know. But I gotta buy one :tongue_smilie: . Who dare not to listen to Brokie :P.

I did wear a pair of purple socks :P. No purple top. But I love purple too :smilie_daumen1: nice color.

hi hi, yeah...let's do a campaign to ask all the ladies going for GE to wear skirtsss. Would be soooo much fun :jasmine:

That would be very cool! Hey where do you ladies get your skirts from? I'm been looking at the us websites, I'm so tempted to order one!

That would be very cool! Hey where do you ladies get your skirts from? I'm been looking at the us websites, I'm so tempted to order one!

Mine are tennis skirts but I saw Zoot running skirts at Running Lab and it's on sale... :smilie_daumen1:

Mine are tennis skirts but I saw Zoot running skirts at Running Lab and it's on sale... :smilie_daumen1:

the color is ...ewwwwwwwwww.... Kind of half purple, half red sth right?? Unless I can run fast :lol: . Just imagine a slow runner and still dare to wear sth striking to attract attention. hehe.

if i suggest we put on running skirts for GE, how many of you gals are for it?

Me... :Big Grin:

Ok, that's reason for skirt shopping liao... :Batting Eyelashes:

the color is ...ewwwwwwwwww.... Kind of half purple, half red sth right?? Unless I can run fast :lol: . Just imagine a slow runner and still dare to wear sth striking to attract attention. hehe.

Er... actually the one I saw is yellow I think... didn't have my size, so I didn't bother...