Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daggersword

Body building

Opps. My apologies. I carry water for u during MR run as compensation. Lol...

Even so la sanza still doesn't look super big. Haha... she will kill me if she sees this.

oh goshhh. you talk about ur dearest jie jie like this :Waiting: :angry:

I offended la senza accidentally. Lol...

Well I guess wherever u run there is risk of injury involved. Just have to be careful of yourself. =)

lols!

cool you run at MR, i want to, but cant because i dont have trail shoes, and i am accident prone xD

lols!

cool you run at MR, i want to, but cant because i dont have trail shoes, and i am accident prone xD

You don't really need trail shoes to run in MR. Normal running shoes are fine. :)

lols!

You don't really need trail shoes to run in MR. Normal running shoes are fine. :)

i'm using adi Zero and i sort of 'feel' the stones LOL.

plus my ankles hurt like mad after the run.. maybe i aint conditioned. hai.

Muscles need food to maintain itself.

What you want to lose is generally body fat and not muscle mass.

Even if you are not doing marathons.. your can lose your muscle deifinition, shape and size if you do not eat correct and feed what your muscle needs.

If you want to run marathons while maintaining muscle mass, it is essential that you take in the right amount of protein, carbo that your body needs.

Even if you are not doing marathons.. your can lose your muscle deifinition, shape and size if you do not eat correct and feed what your muscle needs.

If you want to run marathons while maintaining muscle mass, it is essential that you take in the right amount of protein, carbo that your body needs.

Hi Bro John Rambo, What type of food or supplements do you recommend if you want to run marathons while maintaining or increase your muscle mass (especially my arm/shoulder part but not too much)... :Thinking:

Hi Bro John Rambo, What type of food or supplements do you recommend if you want to run marathons while maintaining or increase your muscle mass (especially my arm/shoulder part but not too much)... :Thinking:

i think should be volumizer.

hi jx77, to prevent from losing muscle mass and definition, one needs to comsume adequate protein the body needs and also regular resistance training to maintain ur muscle defintion..

eating mass gainers, whey protein (these two things are different) does not help you increase your body mass while running a marathon or training by doing long dist running.

To increase muscle mass in your arms, shoulders etc you need to incorporate a weight training program in your training, by taking in supplements such as mass gainers, whey protein etc it helps to achieve the targeted results in lesser time as your muscles recover faster and grows 'bigger' with proper nutrition.

You can search youtube for upper body weight training, they are hundreds of training vids and internet write ups on how you can build a better body... First learn about the different upper body muscles as different type of exercises targets different muscles directly or indirectly.

i think should be volumizer.

Hi FrootLoops, may i know what is 'volumizer'? :Thinking:

where can i get dumb bells?

chrome ones, 4kg.

liang seng sells them at about 49bucks. anywhere else got sell and hopefully cheaper?

where can i get dumb bells?

chrome ones, 4kg.

liang seng sells them at about 49bucks. anywhere else got sell and hopefully cheaper?

i bought my rubberized dumbbells from nutritionpark, local website, served me good, thought it was cheap too..

nutritionpark doesnt have chrome dumb bells.........

can i ask something:

y does my biceps increase in size once i start doing weights? i tot it should decrease and tone....

can i ask something:

y does my biceps increase in size once i start doing weights? i tot it should decrease and tone....

first and foremost, when you start doing weights, you will have that instant pumped effect whilst training, as a result of rush of blood flow to your cells, at least 30min-1hr afterwards..

there are various ways to use weight training, different techniques are achieve to get either 'larger', stronger, toned or even for fat loss.

if you do not intend to significantly increase your bicep size, DO NOT train with very heavy weights, use lighter weights.

To tone your arms, use very light weights and with higher reps. With weight training, you will certainly develop muscles, to achieve that toned look is basically, having muscles wif less bodyfat.

You can also participate in a body-building forum where people like us learn about using weights to achieve different goals.

i heard dat der biceps will look bigger at the initial stage is cos of gaining muscles and fats are not all lost. so double der pile...

is dat true?

i using 3kg each now, aiming to increase to 4kg.

triceps are der hardest to decrease............ still flapping... WAIL.

i heard dat der biceps will look bigger at the initial stage is cos of gaining muscles and fats are not all lost. so double der pile...

is dat true?

Agreed on both points ..haha.. =)

is dat true?

Actually most of the exercises uses the triceps; bench press, dips etc., which means that you are training them So when you focus on tricep target training, don't overdo it, less your triceps overdeveloped and that will affect the development of your other muscle groups. :rolleyes:

Again, best to have a good gym and instructor who can guide you the proper training. :Big Grin:

can i ask something:

first and foremost, when you start doing weights, you will have that instant pumped effect whilst training, as a result of rush of blood flow to your cells, at least 30min-1hr afterwards..

there are various ways to use weight training, different techniques are achieve to get either 'larger', stronger, toned or even for fat loss.

if you do not intend to significantly increase your bicep size, DO NOT train with very heavy weights, use lighter weights.

To tone your arms, use very light weights and with higher reps. With weight training, you will certainly develop muscles, to achieve that toned look is basically, having muscles wif less bodyfat.

You can also participate in a body-building forum where people like us learn about using weights to achieve different goals.

Hi,

do you have any recommended body-building forum to go to? BTW, when going to Gym for weight training, what type of training tools do you all usually use? More on Dumbell weight lifting ? or using the gym equipment like treadmills, abdomen exercisers resistance bands or other Multi-Gyms equip.

sleek: i do weights at home cos din bother signing up for gym.

jx77: wen i do go to a gym, i do everything. free weights as well as machines.