Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jookee

Running Attire/Singlet/Top...

Hi guys, just curious... do you people suffer from abrasion on your body after prolong running with those dry-fit singlets? I feel quite uncomfortable running nowadays with my singlets as they tend to shift position while running.. . since is not tight fitting.

I went to one of the sports shop yesterday and told one of the sale assistant of my problem... she recommended an Adidas singlet. But it looks like a female design...She was telling me that the female design will be more body fitting and comes with build in bra! Hence the singlet will fit tighly on the upper torso.

My question is .... will any of u GUYs get it? But actually from the exterior looks, you can't really tell that its a female design...

I started out using tight fitting singlets and then got bleeding armpits. Now I amusing larger Adidas singlet - dri fit stuff and never bled.

maybe you can try applying vaseline / neat / body glide?

Hi guys, just curious... do you people suffer from abrasion on your body after prolong running with those dry-fit singlets? I feel quite uncomfortable running nowadays with my singlets as they tend to shift position while running.. . since is not tight fitting.

I went to one of the sports shop yesterday and told one of the sale assistant of my problem... she recommended an Adidas singlet. But it looks like a female design...She was telling me that the female design will be more body fitting and comes with build in bra! Hence the singlet will fit tighly on the upper torso.

My question is .... will any of u GUYs get it? But actually from the exterior looks, you can't really tell that its a female design...

Body Glide will solve all your body abrasion and chaffing problems :smilie_daumen1: ...a bra will add on new problems, and you won't need it :Big Grin:

I wear sports bras and I wear running tops with integral sports bras. Depending on the materials and duration of run, I do get some abrasion. So what that lady told you, jookee, is not true.

wah wat a marketing spin! men using women running top. :LMAO:

anyway in the past i used to wear loose fitting top and after sweating tons, i get the lower half of the top 'dangling' cos of the wetness. i hate this. so i m careful now to select tight fitting top and sometimes compression top. yes the armpit will be something to look out for abrasion using tigher fitting top. vaseline or lub your underarms and u b ok. sometimes best not to wear any top if u r not so conscious. i did tat for one yr but i started to get shy. :blushing:

anyway in the past i used to wear loose fitting top and after sweating tons, i get the lower half of the top 'dangling' cos of the wetness. i hate this. so i m careful now to select tight fitting top and sometimes compression top. yes the armpit will be something to look out for abrasion using tigher fitting top. vaseline or lub your underarms and u b ok. sometimes best not to wear any top if u r not so conscious. i did tat for one yr but i started to get shy. :blushing:

why? too many babes beo you? :cool_grin:

lol, yea... I thought it is kind of ridiculous to for a guy to buy women top... Well, I guess just apply vaseline ba... alot easier:)

beo by men is worst! <_<

lol, yea... I thought it is kind of ridiculous to for a guy to buy women top... Well, I guess just apply vaseline ba... alot easier:)

or go topless...

or go topless...

applies to those who have six pack.......... :rolleyes:

Body Glide will solve all your body abrasion and chaffing problems :smilie_daumen1: ...a bra will add on new problems, and you won't need it :Big Grin:

i think sometimes the material plays a part too. all my running tops are of a similar cut n fit. but some just seem to be more abrasive than others. eg. i always get abrasion with one of my FBT singlets for long-runs but no such problems with my adidas ones.

WAHAHA i wont get it.... but yeah I dont seems to have that problems.. Last time initially when I started running, I experienced it but now I dont anymore regardless of Adidas or Nike top.

beo by men is worst! <_<

:sweat: :sweat: :LMAO:

beo by men is worst! <_<

since got womanonly shape run.. should have a men's only BARE BODY RUN!

beo by men is worst! <_<

since got womanonly shape run.. should have a men's only BARE BODY RUN!

I take it you mean the bare top and not all. :cool_grin:

Are you kidding me?? :LMAO:

Anyway had nipple abrasion b4 and it was easily solved with tape or vasline at first. later i realize the idea is to wear a single just nice fitting not too tight not too loose...

One way is to tuck my running top into my shorts to 'tighten' it. May look abit stupid but it works for me

Personally I go for tight fit tops when running. May look funny when ur stomach shows a little but it saves you a lot of trouble of abrasion. Haha... Not so image conscious but rather I wanna be abrasion free so I can train almost everyday. =)

really, for me the opp way round. found the passion run singlet too small and first time suffered little nipple abrasion.

normally run using a looser top and never get that before lor...

i know it goes against theory...haha dunno why also

You are one special cool guy!

really, for me the opp way round. found the passion run singlet too small and first time suffered little nipple abrasion.

normally run using a looser top and never get that before lor...

i know it goes against theory...haha dunno why also