Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

my trusty adidas since 2005 has one broken arm...(tried to stop a closing door with my back and forgot it was in my back pocket)

looking at something around $150 or lesser - any good sunglasses that will fit my budget? (i intend to use it for running/biking/driving/golfing) :P

Gentle, I can get Rudy at ~25% and ~15% for oakley for all models.

If more purchase together, maybe can get 5% more.

whow - i have gone a year without sunglasses...

what is the price range of the cheapest oakley?

Guys, need some advice. Should I stick with Banshee, and let the lens be in contact with my skin, or change it to Halogyn or Membrane, where it is a little tight near the temple area.

Oh no... then I wasted my money liao.... the lens is in contact with my skin just below my eyes too.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.... sob sob.... should I change it?

My personal experience with Optic Nerve Banshee, Adidas (golfing type) and Oakley Radar sunglasses is that Oakley is far superior to the other 2. It sits very well and comfortably, the water repellant feature really works, perspiration doesn't track up and all round just feels well put together. Of course, it was more than double the price. When I used the banshee, because the lower rim of the lens was in contact with the skin just below the eyes, sweat tracked up into my eyes making for uncomfortable wear.

my trusty adidas since 2005 has one broken arm...(tried to stop a closing door with my back and forgot it was in my back pocket)

looking at something around $150 or lesser - any good sunglasses that will fit my budget? (i intend to use it for running/biking/driving/golfing) :P

One option is buying from the US online website, cheaper than from stores in Singapore, and much wider range of colours & customisation options too.

US$155 for a basic Flak Jacket (S'pore price ard $300). Will need a US credit card and not inclusive of delivery (abt $20 via Vpost)

Agreed my Radar's Oakley lens are a lot superior to my rudy project ones ... ^_^ Time to get another shwe "O" :lol:

wah... this statement can start a war of words :lol: i am so comfortable and satisfied with my RP that I do not want to go near an 'O' again. :w00t:

i suppose its down to how comfortable you are with the glasses, period.

Agreed my Radar's Oakley lens are a lot superior to my rudy project ones ... ^_^ Time to get another shwe "O" :lol:

wah... this statement can start a war of words :lol: i am so comfortable and satisfied with my RP that I do not want to go near an 'O' again. :w00t:

Agree about the comfort fit with the glasses u choose and not really the brand...i have big face and is quite difficult to find good fitting glasses.I was so keen and determined to get a Oakley or the Rudy Projects...however after much trying and searching, realize I can't fit into them...hiaz...sob sob... :Sigh:

:Cry: :Cry:

So in the end...i bot something unexpected...i got Adidas Supernova..it just happened to fit... :Big Grin:

So, if u wanna get sunglasses for your run...u must really go try every pair...u'll be surprised tht at the end u may not buy what u have in your mind originally. :Big Grin:

Supcon.. haha... i was just comparing their lens quality lah.. "O"'s Lens have better water resistant n anti fogging... :smilie_daumen1: i guess that the model or brand u chosen must fit yr facial shape comfortably. ^_^

Hi guys, no problem liao. I change the Banshee to Halogyn.... ran with it this morning... love it.

Guys, need some advice. Should I stick with Banshee, and let the lens be in contact with my skin, or change it to Halogyn or Membrane, where it is a little tight near the temple area.
Oh no... then I wasted my money liao.... the lens is in contact with my skin just below my eyes too.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.... sob sob.... should I change it?

My personal experience with Optic Nerve Banshee, Adidas (golfing type) and Oakley Radar sunglasses is that Oakley is far superior to the other 2. It sits very well and comfortably, the water repellant feature really works, perspiration doesn't track up and all round just feels well put together. Of course, it was more than double the price. When I used the banshee, because the lower rim of the lens was in contact with the skin just below the eyes, sweat tracked up into my eyes making for uncomfortable wear.

I got one from a petrol station for $19. Very good stuff - fit better than my $200 adidas sunglass.

yea thinking of getting the polarised one from petrol station. which brand did you bought? x-loop?

I got one from a petrol station for $19. Very good stuff - fit better than my $200 adidas sunglass.

yea thinking of getting the polarised one from petrol station. which brand did you bought? x-loop?

Yeah, X-loop. The one like a 2 way mirror. :Big Grin:

will fog anot ah hehehe??

will fog anot ah hehehe??

Not sure about that. :)

One option is buying from the US online website, cheaper than from stores in Singapore, and much wider range of colours & customisation options too.

US$155 for a basic Flak Jacket (S'pore price ard $300). Will need a US credit card and not inclusive of delivery (abt $20 via Vpost)

Yeah, the best is to get Oakley direct from the www.Oakley.com. However, they require US Credit Card and the US Address. Also, the prices are excluding tax of 7% to 8.5%. If shipping to Singapore, there will be 7% GST on top of the shipping fee of around $30 for Express Service.. No matter how, it is definitely cheaper than getting from local dealer especially if you go for the high end ones, such as Juliet.

come come lets get RP together la. Someone said got lobang right =X

Supcon, what model are you using? Do you happen to be using the inserts too?

Yeah, the best is to get Oakley direct from the www.Oakley.com. However, they require US Credit Card and the US Address. Also, the prices are excluding tax of 7% to 8.5%. If shipping to Singapore, there will be 7% GST on top of the shipping fee of around $30 for Express Service.. No matter how, it is definitely cheaper than getting from local dealer especially if you go for the high end ones, such as Juliet.

I've actually have a few items which escaped the 7% GST which cost more than $400, seems that whether or not your package gets charged GST depends on whether the post guy in charge is vigilant on checking your package's packing slip :)

Hi,

I am looking for a pair of running shades too. My face is small and hence would prefer the lense to be small too, if not will end up looking like a housefly :D

Budget is < $200. Any shop/brand/model to recommend ? Thanks!

You can try Optic Nerve Halogyn... I have small have too. Halogyn is one of the smaller frame too.

It's $109. You can get it at Running Lab, 10% discount if you are a SAFRA member.

Hi,

I am looking for a pair of running shades too. My face is small and hence would prefer the lense to be small too, if not will end up looking like a housefly :D

Hi,

For below $200, you can consider getting the Oakley Half Jacket. Around $180 to $190..

I just bought Ryders @ Banana Relay Run. Most models after 20% discount were around $100-$150. Quite comfortable so far... you can consider it for your budget.

HEYS!

looking for running shades now.

budget abt $200. is there any recommendations or discounts??

HEYS!

looking for running shades now.

budget abt $200. is there any recommendations or discounts??

From the different models and brands that I've tried, I'd recommend you to look out for features that reduces or prevents fogging.

The model that I am currently using (from Optic Nerve) has holes at the top of the lens for auto ventilation and thus no fogging. :)

hi first post here! myshade is also M frame oakley, they works very well on me because of the blockage of sunray on top of you that may reflect to your eyes from the inner side of your lens, i owned adidas shield before (great lens though) and it has this problem, but wearing a cap the adidas shield works just as fine.

Any idea if the Oakley Radar is good? I was thinking of getting it for running. The thing is that I'm not sure if they will slip off my face.