Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

Vortex, are there such a thing as high grade fake oakleys?

was thinking of purchasing it through getanoakley.blogspot.com local seller, but wonder wether product is genuine...

any comments?

thanks..

Yup there is fake oakleys out there i was shock when customer bring their fake oakley to me to ask me send for repair.

But if u r getting frm this getanoakley local seller should be fine he got it direct frm USA jus that no warranty cover, but it help u to save the money.

Basically the local warranty which is also international warranty jus cover 1 Year against any manufacturer defects, and sport model like flak or half within the 1 year u can change the earsocks FOC. As the rubber earsocks and nose pads contact with moisture or sweat to give u more grip, so after awhile sure wear and tear. And after 1 Year for servicing the eyewear would be subsidise rate.

If u think u dun really need the warranty thn no need to get frm authorize dealer.

But best I stil recommend to get frm Authorize Dealer. But can i know wat model and colour u r getting??

But best I stil recommend to get frm Authorize Dealer. But can i know wat model and colour u r getting??

Oh yah about the colors..

if i not wrong oakley has already preset the colors like for eg. Dark Grey with Ice Iridium.

But i was thinking of getting Flak XLJ Jet Black/ Black Iridium but i prefer to change the lense to Ice Iridium. dunno if its possible. is it have to custom made it? extra charges possibly?

btw HDO lenses are polarized lenses. but polarized lenses are not necessarily HDO lenses - True??

if i not wrong oakley has already preset the colors like for eg. Dark Grey with Ice Iridium.

But i was thinking of getting Flak XLJ Jet Black/ Black Iridium but i prefer to change the lense to Ice Iridium. dunno if its possible. is it have to custom made it? extra charges possibly?

btw HDO lenses are polarized lenses. but polarized lenses are not necessarily HDO lenses - True??

If you wan jet black w/ ice lens u have to cutomise it the price would be higher i'm not sure how much it gonna be as the price have been changing for customised eyewear.

ALL oakley lens are High Definition Optic(HDO) meaning at all angel u view the lens it will give clear, clarity and image distortion free even though the lens is wrap.

Polarized lenses just filter off the reflected light frm horizontal surface which mainly u see it on water surface those irritating glares. So polarized lens would be recommended for driving, watersports, especially snow skiing. So polarized lens would be great under very hot sun or strong sunlight condition.

So HDO got nothing to do with whether the lens are polarized or non-polarized

If you wan jet black w/ ice lens u have to cutomise it the price would be higher i'm not sure how much it gonna be as the price have been changing for customised eyewear.

ALL oakley lens are High Definition Optic(HDO) meaning at all angel u view the lens it will give clear, clarity and image distortion free even though the lens is wrap.

Polarized lenses just filter off the reflected light frm horizontal surface which mainly u see it on water surface those irritating glares. So polarized lens would be recommended for driving, watersports, especially snow skiing. So polarized lens would be great under very hot sun or strong sunlight condition.

So HDO got nothing to do with whether the lens are polarized or non-polarized

thanks vortex for the detailed explanation =)

oh by the way coming back to the anti-fog issue ya.. heard lot of forum, online reviews and some friends that the anti-fogging effect isn't really that great on oakley and for some people they say it works great. any comments?

U mentioned earlier about the solution, so does the anti-fogging start to have less effect after increase over time wear? and u have to use the solution now and then to maintain or reduce the fogging.

are there any sunglass brand that are labelled as fog-proof? haha..

sorry arh i ask so much.. :P

A question on those 30bucks polarised petrol stations sunglasses. The quality may not be very good but are the lenses good enough since labelled as polarised. 10% of the branded glasses's price which I used to own but always lost my sunglass in the shower, out at sea etc so better to go for lower course options.

thanks vortex for the detailed explanation =)

oh by the way coming back to the anti-fog issue ya.. heard lot of forum, online reviews and some friends that the anti-fogging effect isn't really that great on oakley and for some people they say it works great. any comments?

U mentioned earlier about the solution, so does the anti-fogging start to have less effect after increase over time wear? and u have to use the solution now and then to maintain or reduce the fogging.

are there any sunglass brand that are labelled as fog-proof? haha..

sorry arh i ask so much.. :P

For the anti fog solution u will need to reapply once the effect wear off that depends how often u use ur sunglass and the weather if u perspire alot and heat up fast u might need to apply after afew use of the sunglass.

Sometimes it's not the anti fogging effect that's not gd, it really depends whether the sunglass really suit ur face, I had customer which the sunglass already stick so close to his face and the eye lashes brushing the lens which hard for the eyes to breathe or ventilate but he insisted of getting it. That's why i always ask ppl to go try it on first b4 deciding of getting it anot.

If u like I can accompany u to go try afew oakley models which is easier for me to explain, and maybe recommend u afew models which suit u. Thn u can decide.

A question on those 30bucks polarised petrol stations sunglasses. The quality may not be very good but are the lenses good enough since labelled as polarised. 10% of the branded glasses's price which I used to own but always lost my sunglass in the shower, out at sea etc so better to go for lower course options.

The polarized lens of other brand are jus polariszed filter apply onto the surface of the lens, if u scratch the lens light straight away pass through as the polarized filter coating been scratch off. Some even use 'sandwich' method to glue the film between the lenses cause distortion and decreases clarity. And their Axis of polarization angle are slightly off allowing glare to pass through.

For Oakley polarized lens the use the technology call infusion molding where the polrized filter is infuse within the lens itself, so for oakley lenses no matter how u scratch u stil can continue using it jus that the physical appearance not that nice. For oakley polrized filters are aligned with degree of accuracy.

P.S. I don't work for oakley anymore so I don't get any commission or get pay for saying this jus here sharing the technology. I'm jus an oakley lover.

Hi,

Thinking of getting a pair of running shades. Not too expensive (< $150). Any brand / shop to recommend ?

Regards,

my trusty adidas since 2005 has one broken arm...(tried to stop a closing door with my back and forgot it was in my back pocket)

looking at something around $150 or lesser - any good sunglasses that will fit my budget? (i intend to use it for running/biking/driving/golfing) :P

Gentle, I can get Rudy at ~25% and ~15% for oakley for all models.

If more purchase together, maybe can get 5% more.

Hi all,

I just bought the Optic Nerve Banshee. But the lens touches my face and my fren said that that may cause a problem. If I run and perspire, the sweat will travel upward onto the lens. Is that true?

haha... this must be the topic for me, as i am working in a lens manufacturing company. Also leading the operations in China.

For polarized lenses, the concept is to get the polarized filter into the lenses.

First, different company uses different filters, hence different quality.

The most simple way is the "hamburger" way, u just glue and sandwich 2 lenses with a filter in btw. u can get the polarizing effect, BUT.... u will be limited by the choice of frames to go with. This type of tech, will not allow you to do rimless or half frame.

Moreover, the lenses cannot be washed, cannot go near water, etc, as the glue will not last.

Another tech, which my company uses is the cast-in tech, we insert the filter into the mold and inject the lens monomer in. So when the monomer cures, it fuses together with the filter. This will give you a very stable polarized lens.

Of course, the experts can see "waves" if the filters arent properly positioned etc, this is all production capability.

Regarding "anti fogging", this tech's generic name would be a "super hydrophobic" coating. We would apply a special chemcial, very oily chemical to be attached to the lens surface, so it repels water, increase the water droplet's contact angle with the surface to allow it to roll off. Like the waxy lotus leaf....

please feel free to ask me more .....

here it goes. My first question: do u have discount from those of ur customers selling sunglasses?? :LMAO:

OK, kidding. hehe...

haha... this must be the topic for me, as i am working in a lens manufacturing company. Also leading the operations in China.

For polarized lenses, the concept is to get the polarized filter into the lenses.

First, different company uses different filters, hence different quality.

The most simple way is the "hamburger" way, u just glue and sandwich 2 lenses with a filter in btw. u can get the polarizing effect, BUT.... u will be limited by the choice of frames to go with. This type of tech, will not allow you to do rimless or half frame.

Moreover, the lenses cannot be washed, cannot go near water, etc, as the glue will not last.

Another tech, which my company uses is the cast-in tech, we insert the filter into the mold and inject the lens monomer in. So when the monomer cures, it fuses together with the filter. This will give you a very stable polarized lens.

Of course, the experts can see "waves" if the filters arent properly positioned etc, this is all production capability.

Regarding "anti fogging", this tech's generic name would be a "super hydrophobic" coating. We would apply a special chemcial, very oily chemical to be attached to the lens surface, so it repels water, increase the water droplet's contact angle with the surface to allow it to roll off. Like the waxy lotus leaf....

i am interested in the north face sunglases, they come with anti-fog lense..does this coating last forever or they will just wear out? anybody any comments on north face sunglasses? think they have good design..any other affordable brands to recommend...

Gentle, I can get Rudy at ~25% and ~15% for oakley for all models.

If more purchase together, maybe can get 5% more.

Any specific models you can get cheaper? And are you doing a group buy? Am looking for a pair of RPs..

PM me perhaps?

Eh, is anyone out there that can help to answer the question?

Hi all,

I just bought the Optic Nerve Banshee. But the lens touches my face and my fren said that that may cause a problem. If I run and perspire, the sweat will travel upward onto the lens. Is that true?

from personal experience having your eyelashes brush the lens isn't a good thing, because it scratches your lenses (:

Eh... then what about the lens touching the face... will it post any problem?

from personal experience having your eyelashes brush the lens isn't a good thing, because it scratches your lenses (:

Eh... then what about the lens touching the face... will it post any problem?

I wear a pair of Optic Nerve Falcon. The inner lens for my degree touches my face but apart from the initial discomfort, I don't have much problem with it or rather my face is still in one piece.

Can try to bend it a bit so it don't touch the face too much.

I using Optic Nerve RedHawk with prescription inserts....very good fit for my face.never touch the lens.....it might be due to the fit of the frame to your face

My personal experience with Optic Nerve Banshee, Adidas (golfing type) and Oakley Radar sunglasses is that Oakley is far superior to the other 2. It sits very well and comfortably, the water repellant feature really works, perspiration doesn't track up and all round just feels well put together. Of course, it was more than double the price. When I used the banshee, because the lower rim of the lens was in contact with the skin just below the eyes, sweat tracked up into my eyes making for uncomfortable wear.

My personal experience with Optic Nerve Banshee, Adidas (golfing type) and Oakley Radar sunglasses is that Oakley is far superior to the other 2. It sits very well and comfortably, the water repellant feature really works, perspiration doesn't track up and all round just feels well put together. Of course, it was more than double the price. When I used the banshee, because the lower rim of the lens was in contact with the skin just below the eyes, sweat tracked up into my eyes making for uncomfortable wear.

Agreed my Radar's Oakley lens are a lot superior to my rudy project ones ... ^_^ Time to get another shwe "O" :lol:

Oh no... then I wasted my money liao.... the lens is in contact with my skin just below my eyes too.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.... sob sob.... should I change it?