Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

what brands should i look for if i wanna get a sunglasses for running.. ??

and other from aesthaetically looking nice.. it nids to be those anti-fog types.. cos when u perspire u get those fog on ur lenses..

Hi, jus like to share with u, since u looking for something that's anti-fog u can try oakley newest sport range like radar or flak jacket, as for their hydrophobic coating actually prevent to fog up that easily. If you wan u also can get the oakley AFR (anti-fog revitaliser) to apply on the 'oakley' lens, it really helps for those who took part last year city duathalon should know as there was a oakley booth that help to clean the oakley lens and apply the AFR onto it before the race.

And if u prefer 1 piece lens radar and Mframe(not Hydrophobic) would be nice as for certain lens colour come with vented holes. This is wat I know when I work with oakley, Hope this helps

Thanks vortex.. i know about oakley's eyeware are quite good with anti-fog.. had 1 pair sometime back, put on my shoulder behind the neck there.. then when i check back..dun have liao.. must have drop it somewhere.. damn.. only 6 mths old. okay too much side track..

for now i wud look to invest in a cheaper range.. ard $150? yeah.. oh anyway u mentioned abt the spray.. are there these generic kinda sprays (not necessarily oakley) ard that u can just spray on ur normal sunglasses.. that u can purchase off the shelve? maybe i can buy a $150 range glasses and use teh spray at the same time... ? maybe?

Thanks vortex.. i know about oakley's eyeware are quite good with anti-fog.. had 1 pair sometime back, put on my shoulder behind the neck there.. then when i check back..dun have liao.. must have drop it somewhere.. damn.. only 6 mths old. okay too much side track..

for now i wud look to invest in a cheaper range.. ard $150? yeah.. oh anyway u mentioned abt the spray.. are there these generic kinda sprays (not necessarily oakley) ard that u can just spray on ur normal sunglasses.. that u can purchase off the shelve? maybe i can buy a $150 range glasses and use teh spray at the same time... ? maybe?

For the oakley AFR solution have never try on other brand of sunglasses, as they always stated it's for oakley lens itself. It might affect the other brand of their lens coating, maybe can try the solution on lens without mercury coating and the lens make from polycarbonate that might still be risk lah. For me i will stick with my oakley transition racing jacket.

You can see the various range custom colour of Oakley shade during the beach volleyball segment and track/fields segment during the Olympics Game.

Most of them wearing Oakley Flak for beach volleyball and Oakley Radar for the tracks/fields.

Nice nice but not nice to the pocket.

wonder if it is good enough to stand if the ball hit right to the glasses... heart pain... haha

of course they are good enough to stand if the ball hit right to the glasses.. one of the US player was hit on the face until the lens dropped off. he just picked up the lens and connected them back.

Try the shops at Queensway shopping centres. Lots of choices there. Just bought an Adidas Gazelle a few weeks ago with prescription insert. Looks and feel good.

How much did it cost you?

About $400 plus with the prescription insert. Cheers

And your myopia? Mine is -700 and the shop has said that they don't encourage over -600.

About $400 plus with the prescription insert. Cheers

And your myopia? Mine is -700 and the shop has said that they don't encourage over -600.

no chance, wear contacts better.... mine is -800++ to 900 and counting...

I bought an oakley with prescription insert, it costs about 410 from far east. but the model u choose, the lens have to a bit squarish, as it will be difficult to be too curvy. If you really want the curvy ones, they need to send back to the us and that will cost a bomb. :Big Grin:

my friends mention to me that in MY, they are having a 20% on oakley at holiday plaza... not sure how true and how 'real' they are

ok i think i'm getting either Flak or Half jacket for my running as well as casual wear.... so far i hear gud response from ppl wearing half jacket for running.. not too many reviews for flak though... reviews anyone?

ok i think i'm getting either Flak or Half jacket for my running as well as casual wear.... so far i hear gud response from ppl wearing half jacket for running.. not too many reviews for flak though... reviews anyone?

Actually there is no much diff between flak and half jacket. But the fitting will be slightly different flak will be wider compare to half jacket and the lens technology is also better with the hydrophobic coating. Best of all Flak jacket come in Asian Fit frame good for ppl which have wide face and flat nose bridge. So for fitting wise u better go try it out and see which frame u r more comfortable in.

Actually there is no much diff between flak and half jacket. But the fitting will be slightly different flak will be wider compare to half jacket and the lens technology is also better with the hydrophobic coating. Best of all Flak jacket come in Asian Fit frame good for ppl which have wide face and flat nose bridge. So for fitting wise u better go try it out and see which frame u r more comfortable in.

yo vortex thanks... so actually half jacket's lenses come without the hydrophobic coating?

and half jacket doesnt come in asian fit?

yo vortex thanks... so actually half jacket's lenses come without the hydrophobic coating?

and half jacket doesnt come in asian fit?

the only half jacket that come with hydrophobic coating is the fishing specific series which is deep blue polarized lens and shallow blue polarized. For half jacket their so call asian fit frame is the same as the non asian fitting just that the nose pads is thicker and higher frame fitting no diff. For flak their asian fit frame open up wider so it can be push in more not as wrap ard as non asian fit frame. U can go try the fitting at taka level 3 the oakley counter or vivo city level 1 jus right beside levi. They have full range of colours and models that u can try and test it out.

And the newest hydrophobic technology only apply to radar, flak and fishing specific models, and a few models with hydro phobic e.g Nano Wire, Titanium Sq wire 3.0 etc.. Plus if u r purchasing frm authorize dealer the price for half jacket range from $245 to $350 and flak Range frm $298 to $380 depending on the lens u go for, so the price is only abit diff and flak jacket come with a case for u to store ur sunglass. the case cost $60 so if u purchase half jacket and intending to buy a case u need to add $60 to it.

nice info thanks votex! btw wanna ask u can the oakley lens be tinted so that ppl cant see your eyes?

Most of the iridium i saw can actually see the person's eyes if look close enough..

nice info thanks votex! btw wanna ask u can the oakley lens be tinted so that ppl cant see your eyes?

Most of the iridium i saw can actually see the person's eyes if look close enough..

Yup most of the lens with iridium coating when upclose can see the person eyes but no stranger stick their face so close to u right? Jus joking.. the iridium coating len frm should have the reflective effects that's cause ppl cant see ur eyes, and the main purpose of iridium lens is to actually adjust the colour of the environment by enhance certain colour and contrasting.

e.g G26 lens is a shooting specific lens it actually enhance the colour of orange, which the shooting target is orange so the shooter can easily spot the target as the orange is enhance.

Since u wan some iridium coating lens which is cant see ur eyes u can try Fire, emerald, ice or ruby. But for Ruby, emerald and fire only certain models have it not all. and for fire lens i recommend u try the lens for few mins cause not all ppl can stand the yellowish colour when viewing it might cause feeling uncomfortable, headache and puking.

Thanks for the advice! u sound more professional than those sales asst from the optical shop! hahaha.. thanks alot ^_^

Thanks for the advice! u sound more professional than those sales asst from the optical shop! hahaha.. thanks alot ^_^

Haha.... I used to work under CEDS sportswear, I'm was the supervisor of the VIVO city outlet and Tampines Mall Isetan counter.

Haha.... I used to work under CEDS sportswear, I'm was the supervisor of the VIVO city outlet and Tampines Mall Isetan counter.

i see.. no wonder u sound so expert.. gud to have u ard! hehe..

O o o .. no wonder lol.. i went looking for CEDS shop at taka sometime last 2 weeks ago and couldn't find it.. blah.. hahaha.. still wondering why they close dw Bugis and suntec sien... i guess suntec was understandable due to the location they are situated at.. but Bugis.. haiyo.. and i bought a Oakley Icon Bag from there not long before they closed dw.. blah.. -_-

i see.. no wonder u sound so expert.. gud to have u ard! hehe..

I'm no expert lah, only have abit of the products knowledge, as some ppl dun understand why they have pay so much for a sunglasses. As different lens have different purposes, as a sale person I have to explain to the customer, so they know what is really suitable for them.

O o o .. no wonder lol.. i went looking for CEDS shop at taka sometime last 2 weeks ago and couldn't find it.. blah.. hahaha.. still wondering why they close dw Bugis and suntec sien... i guess suntec was understandable due to the location they are situated at.. but Bugis.. haiyo.. and i bought a Oakley Icon Bag from there not long before they closed dw.. blah.. -_-

For taka counter they are at level 3 near jus beside the pen counter. For why the bugis closed down is because of the rental and the relocation that is why it's closed.

For taka counter they are at level 3 near jus beside the pen counter. For why the bugis closed down is because of the rental and the relocation that is why it's closed.

i c i c.. thanks!

Vortex, are there such a thing as high grade fake oakleys?

was thinking of purchasing it through getanoakley.blogspot.com local seller, but wonder wether product is genuine...

any comments?

thanks..