Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

73Robbo

Which Sunglasses? Just Interested

Try the shops at Queensway shopping centres. Lots of choices there. Just bought an Adidas Gazelle a few weeks ago with prescription insert. Looks and feel good.

But just a reminder. If u looking at oakley, must get them to show u warranty. Some ppl "chiong" the products but selling same price. My friend almost got cheated last time so just tell u be careful lo. Lol...

anyone know of one shop where we can see all range/all brands of sunglasses...just wanna try try but not buying unless price is good....?

But just a reminder. If u looking at oakley, must get them to show u warranty. Some ppl "chiong" the products but selling same price. My friend almost got cheated last time so just tell u be careful lo. Lol...
anyone know of one shop where we can see all range/all brands of sunglasses...just wanna try try but not buying unless price is good....?

oh... ok...will take note of this..thanks. :Nail Biting: :Hypnotized:

Got a Oakley Flak Jacket (asian fit), totally white (ok, i kind of like white) with Fire irid polarized len.. cost $360.. Hmm.. not too sure if it's too expensive.. But i saw a normal version at Paris Miki cost $380.. so I tot mine sound quite cheap..

Got a Oakley Flak Jacket (asian fit), totally white (ok, i kind of like white) with Fire irid polarized len.. cost $360.. Hmm.. not too sure if it's too expensive.. But i saw a normal version at Paris Miki cost $380.. so I tot mine sound quite cheap..

Yes it's $20 cheaper but is ur oakley a custom item? Because usually the fire lens are not polarized unless u custom made it.

Yes it's $20 cheaper but is ur oakley a custom item? Because usually the fire lens are not polarized unless u custom made it.

Not a custom but I was told it's a 'so called' limited edition for olympic.. anyway is the salesman told me it's polarized (not really important to me).. you may be rite.. it may not be polarized..

Not a custom but I was told it's a 'so called' limited edition for olympic.. anyway is the salesman told me it's polarized (not really important to me).. you may be rite.. it may not be polarized..

sure or not ?? polarised lens cost SUPER DUPER EX ! urs so cheap must be a gd deal !

sure or not ?? polarised lens cost SUPER DUPER EX ! urs so cheap must be a gd deal !

For flak jacket with polarized lens it will cost $380, so urs is $20 cheaper.

To know whether is it polarized or not, look at the right side of ur lens. It shld have the "polarized" wordings.

For flak jacket with polarized lens it will cost $380, so urs is $20 cheaper.

To know whether is it polarized or not, look at the right side of ur lens. It shld have the "polarized" wordings.

another way to know if yours is polarized is easy.. just look at the reflection on water surface or a big glass like car window. when you turn your head clock wise or counter clock wise the reflection will be gone (so now u can see thru the surface instead of seeing the reflection) or vice versa.... just my 2 cents....

Another simple way is to use them under e hot sun. It quite clear cut whether is it polarized.

another way to know if yours is polarized is easy.. just look at the reflection on water surface or a big glass like car window. when you turn your head clock wise or counter clock wise the reflection will be gone (so now u can see thru the surface instead of seeing the reflection) or vice versa.... just my 2 cents....

Wah.. a lot of work to do.. haha.. anyway it doesnt affect me.. lolz... so i will give it a miss.. :tongue_smilie:

Another simple way is to use them under e hot sun. It quite clear cut whether is it polarized.

sunglasses shops (eg at petrol kiosks) have small metallic-looking "mirrors"

it looks plain with the naked eye, but when you wear polarized sunglasses, you can see the hidden image

try it there and you'll know for sure

Rudy Projects are known to be good too.. Own 3 pairs myself :)

good job cfred...hahaha....i also own 3 pairs but of different brands...

oakley, optic nerve and tifosi

i got a friend who bought 2 juliet....1000+++

hey i'm new to posting on this forum but i've been reading for quite some time now though. :)

i'd like to ask, does anyone know where to buy tifosi sunglasses? according to their website the only distributor in singapore is klimax imports at 30 east coast road, which is at paramount shopping centre. i've looked on every floor, and in the buildings/shopping centres around the area, but i still can't find it. can someone tell me where i can get a pair? thanks. :)

oh and also what's the price range?

thanks so much! :)

p.s. i own a pair of optic nerve sunglasses (savant), it's good quality and not too ex, got 4 interchangeable lenses also, except they don't provide microfibre cloth =/.

You can see the various range custom colour of Oakley shade during the beach volleyball segment and track/fields segment during the Olympics Game.

Most of them wearing Oakley Flak for beach volleyball and Oakley Radar for the tracks/fields.

Nice nice but not nice to the pocket.

i really liked the one that the China Men's beach volleyball team guy was wearing - Flakjacket with red frame and yellow earsocks.

WOO!

i really liked the one that the China Men's beach volleyball team guy was wearing - Flakjacket with red frame and yellow earsocks.

WOO!

Red and Yellow are their national colours bah...

You can see the various range custom colour of Oakley shade during the beach volleyball segment and track/fields segment during the Olympics Game.

Most of them wearing Oakley Flak for beach volleyball and Oakley Radar for the tracks/fields.

wonder if it is good enough to stand if the ball hit right to the glasses... heart pain... haha

yea the chinese beach volleyball's team's oakleys are sweet! and i think for many of the athletes they probably got sponsored or discount by oakley? since wearing them at such a big event is a good advertising opportunity for the company.

what brands should i look for if i wanna get a sunglasses for running.. ??

and other from aesthaetically looking nice.. it nids to be those anti-fog types.. cos when u perspire u get those fog on ur lenses..

if u have unlimited budget, go for oakley.

adidas is not bad too.

if u are looking for cheaper ones (<150), try optic nerve (available at RL), tifosi, or sworke. i use optic nerve (no $$$ yet to get oakleys), no idea where to get tifosi but i heard it's available at chapter2cycle. too far from my house though.

if u have unlimited budget, go for oakley.

adidas is not bad too.

if u are looking for cheaper ones (<150), try optic nerve (available at RL), tifosi, or sworke. i use optic nerve (no $$$ yet to get oakleys), no idea where to get tifosi but i heard it's available at chapter2cycle. too far from my house though.

hi runstep, thanks for reply, btw since u usin Optic nerve, does it works gud against fogging of the lenses? how about adidas? any experiences?

what brands should i look for if i wanna get a sunglasses for running.. ??

and other from aesthaetically looking nice.. it nids to be those anti-fog types.. cos when u perspire u get those fog on ur lenses..

Hi, jus like to share with u, since u looking for something that's anti-fog u can try oakley newest sport range like radar or flak jacket, as for their hydrophobic coating actually prevent to fog up that easily. If you wan u also can get the oakley AFR (anti-fog revitaliser) to apply on the 'oakley' lens, it really helps for those who took part last year city duathalon should know as there was a oakley booth that help to clean the oakley lens and apply the AFR onto it before the race.

And if u prefer 1 piece lens radar and Mframe(not Hydrophobic) would be nice as for certain lens colour come with vented holes. This is wat I know when I work with oakley, Hope this helps